Author Topic: My "Realistic" trade idea to bring in the banners  (Read 1660 times)

My "Realistic" trade idea to bring in the banners
« on: December 24, 2015, 12:18:31 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I always find some of the trade ideas on here where the other teams' assets are wildly undervalued to be amusing. So I decided to hop into that mindset and see if I couldn't wrangle up a few banners on the broken backs of other franchises.

Trade 1- RJ Hunter and the Dallas Pick to Indiana for Paul George. --- To do this, we would have to convince Bird that he has been a sleeper agent this entire time for Boston. We would also have to convince him that RJ Hunter is just like him, and under his guidance he would blossom into the next Larry Bird.

Trade 2- Kelly Olynyk and some 2nds to Cleveland for Kevin Love and Delly. ---For this to work, lets just go straight to Lebron as we all know who wears the pants in that city. The conversation would go something like this “Hey LBJ, whats up man? Here your son is gonna be a baller. Anyway look Love is way too soft and only you get to cry to the refs. So want Kelly? He straight ripped Loves arm out of his socket, and Love eventually accepted an apology. Between you and me Kelly has started demanding his teammates refer to him as Psycho K. Deal. Oh, throw in Delly because it rhymes with Kelly and we are good to go.”

Trade 3- Everybody not named Smart and Crowder (hes undervalued everywhere but Boston anyway so I don’t think that’s the deal breaker) and all the Nets picks/first rounders we have the next few years for Boogie. ---This is allowed to occur because DMC finally tells Ranadive that his weird obsession with Boogie is creepy and if he loves something he needs to let it be free. Kings get back some high risk/reward prospects and Sully along with what feels like 10% of the Leagues draft picks the next 4 years.

FA Signing 1- Kevin Durant –- I Know this is a long shot at this point, but upon seeing the mega team assembled Durant pulls a Lebron and heads to the Frozen Beach.

FA Signing 2-etc –- Javale Mcgee first and foremost. Not to play basketball, but to be Lucky the Leprechaun. If that doesn’t help put bodies in the seats on a cold night in the middle of February I don’t know what will. We also sign some people to fill out the bench, high quality veterans. Also bring Pierce back so he will get more rings. Oh and Sim Bhullar. He’s just huge, so he can stand there.

Alright that seemed like a lot. New Roster would be:

PG- Smart/Delly   SG- Paul George/Crowder/Bench depth     SF- Durant/Pierce/Bench depth

PF- Love/bench veteran    C- DMC/Colton Iverson/Sim Bhullar

Celtics go 73-9 Next year, Brad officially becomes the next Popovich, and Danny Ainge begins smoking cigars rolled out of Billy King’s contract before the second half of each game. Oh and he has a pimp chalice for water.

Celtics win five titles in a row, and the World Implodes due to a lack of NBA parity.

All kidding aside, I am excited for the Celtics future because we are arguably the most flexible team in the league. We could keep this rebuild going in so many different ways, and that is such an entertaining thought.

Also Thank You Celtics Blog. I only found you a few months ago, but seeing other like-minded Celtics fans has helped keep me sane. Your presence serves as a nice distraction from the hell that is medical school here in Upstate NY.

So Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays Celtics Blog, I hope my tirade brought at least a smile to your face.
#JKJB

Re: My "Realistic" trade idea to bring in the banners
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 12:25:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Realistic = somehow acquiring both Noel and Melo using smart, Brooklyn 1sts and several other filler assets.

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 12:32:24 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Realistic = somehow acquiring both Noel and Melo using smart, Brooklyn 1sts and several other filler assets.

Let Noel stay in Philly. He's doing awesome there. He's shown a lot of improvement.

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 01:04:34 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
good thing 'realistic' was in quotes so that I'd know you meant the opposite.

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 01:19:16 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I think this is great. I think instead of Love, we should go for Khawai, he is a way better player.

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 01:26:50 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
You know it is realistic because that is a deal I wouldn't do.

If it were up to me I wouldn't give up Smart in any Noel deal and wouldn't give up the Brooklyn pick in a Melo deal.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 01:31:16 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
this is joke right?
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 01:37:35 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I know that Philly is hurting for a real PG and that they need players with leadership qualities, but probably the primary reason they dealt MCW is due to the fact that he couldn't shoot. For that reason it's hard to imagine they'd be excited about Smart since lack of shooting is his big weakness. If Thomas were a tad younger I think they'd consider a Noel for Thomas swap though, especially with Colangelo and the mandate to be more competitive starting next season.