Author Topic: danny granger to boston ?  (Read 2483 times)

danny granger to boston ?
« on: August 07, 2013, 07:57:20 PM »

Offline 49ers/Celtics

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
Pacers dont need him they got paul george granger wit rondo and green could make a deep run in playoffs

Re: danny granger to boston ?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 08:08:24 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
For the same reason we dont want josh smith, we cannot become the Atlanta hawks and sign these available pseudo stars. We have to wait for a superstar . Were not contenders so why clog the salary with granger

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 08:28:49 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I think Indy would be smart to keep Granger because he spreads the floor and can score the basketball better than anyone on that team -- even better than Paul George.

If they do trade him, it would have to be for a wing (like 6'7" or 6'8") who can not only score, but shoot.  And really, that's already what Granger is.  If he comes back and isn't the same (he did have knee surgery), then I would look to move him quickly.  He is an expiring so there's value, not to mention that he's a really talented player and a gifted scorer.

Boston isn't a fit to me.  They have Green and Wallace at the SF spot already.

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 08:52:53 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
We have to wait for a superstar.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you ???

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 09:12:13 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I think Indy should keep Granger.  If he's healthy and buys into the team, they're a top-tier contender with a very real shot at knocking off Miami.  Added to that, he's an expiring contract that comes off the books at the end of the year, freeing up money that will then be thrown at Paul George (who will likely command a max contract, or close to it).  Hard to imagine a deal that preserves their status as contenders without adding a lot of long-term salary to their books.  Not sure a team like Indiana is willing to sink that deep into the luxury tax. 

From our side, I agree with Lightspeed - if he's healthy, he's in that tier of not-quite-stars who might put you in the playoffs but won't make you a contender if he's the lead guy.  Bad place for a rebuilding team to be.