Would u make the trade

Yes
6 (18.2%)
No
27 (81.8%)
I'd add a first as well if needed
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Poll: Jaylen, Rozier, Baynes For Capela  (Read 3702 times)

Re: Poll: Jaylen, Rozier, Baynes For Capela
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2018, 10:46:36 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Be patient. We may already have Capella on our roster. I could easily see Williams developing into a Capella quality player in 2-3 years.

This.   Also be patient with Brown and Rozier.  They proved last year they are better players than this.  They are struggling adjusting to new roles, but I think they will be fine in the long run

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2018, 11:02:31 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I'd be tempted if we were talking Gobert. Capela is talented but I question how much he benefits from being in Houston.

We could use him simiarly, but getting rid of Jaylen? Seems steep when we could have had Leonard instead.

Could we have had Leonard instead though?
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2018, 11:08:28 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I'd be tempted if we were talking Gobert. Capela is talented but I question how much he benefits from being in Houston.

We could use him simiarly, but getting rid of Jaylen? Seems steep when we could have had Leonard instead.

From what I recall spurs wanted Brown plus filler for Leonard. I wanted that deal.

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2018, 11:34:46 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah we could have. Apparently the Spurs wanted Jaylen + Rozier + Some Salary + Pick(s) but C's weren't interested because they had doubts Kawhi would extend here and his health was still a question mark. I don't blame Ainge though as there were truly risks with Kawhi and also as great as he's looked in TOR... we 100% sure he's staying in TOR after this year? If he bolts then TOR is back to being a middle of the pack team by next year and beyond unless you think Lowry is single-handedly carrying them to a 1-2 seed.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2018, 11:45:32 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
Also, in the poll, "I'd add a first as well if needed". Lol yeah while we're at it lets just throw in Tatum too :P  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2018, 12:08:27 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

From what I recall spurs wanted Brown plus filler for Leonard. I wanted that deal.

Yeah that’s a good deal at the time that looks even better now.

Obviously we’d need him to sign an extension but anytime you can get a top 3-5 guy especially without giving up your best player or your best prospect / pick it’s hard to say no. But we did.

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2018, 12:56:54 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I voted a yes. Rozier is leaving anyway. I feel Brown is getting in the way of Tatum and will never be what some of you think he will be, Baynes is a decent journeyman backup center.

Capella would give us solid D and rim protection and he has more upside. 

They'll never do it, so.

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2018, 01:24:52 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Nah. Doesn't make good sense in today's NBA to trade a potential all star wing prospect for a defense-boards-and-dunks center.

Besides, capella isn't gonna make the Celts more likely to win the title than they are now.  The defense is already good enough and capella won't make the team shoot better or attack the rim more. He would generate some offense inside but would also hurt spacing.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2018, 02:35:13 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
I might be tempted, but the question is would Houston.  What Houston needs is a 3 and D guy.  Jaylen/Rozier/Baynes doesn't solve their problem......unless they think Jaylen fills the role.  Personally, I don't think so.

...and as for the Cs, we would feel Baynes departure when we play Philly in the playoffs.  I don't think Cappella would be as effective as Banyne is playing Embid.

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2018, 03:19:36 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
No way I would do that even with the slumps that Jaylen and Rozier are in.  Capela is a good player, but not worth all those guys in a year which we are a contender.  Too many holes to fill and Capela isn't even a top 25 player.

Capela for Rozier and Baynes, then it might be more reasonable since it is reasonable to think that neither of those two would be back next year.  But no way the Rockets would ever go for that and the money probably doesn't work for that either.

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2018, 03:55:56 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
No way I would do that even with the slumps that Jaylen and Rozier are in.  Capela is a good player, but not worth all those guys in a year which we are a contender.  Too many holes to fill and Capela isn't even a top 25 player.

Capela for Rozier and Baynes, then it might be more reasonable since it is reasonable to think that neither of those two would be back next year.  But no way the Rockets would ever go for that and the money probably doesn't work for that either.
this.

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2018, 05:16:06 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
I say no simply due to the mindset I have investing. We’d be buying high on CC and selling real low on Jb.

Edit: Not gonna lie though, the ‘what if’ of a JB+TR for Kawhi deal has been kicking around my brain since visiting this thread this AM.

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2018, 03:24:00 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
No way.  If you pay a king's ransom it is for Anthony Davis.  We need to save our chips until the Pelicans finally trade him.  Celtics have the best assets to offer right now.  Capella is good but he is not a potential top 10 player in the league.

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2018, 09:42:36 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I would not trade Brown for Capela.

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2018, 09:48:21 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
No way.  If you pay a king's ransom it is for Anthony Davis.  We need to save our chips until the Pelicans finally trade him.  Celtics have the best assets to offer right now.  Capella is good but he is not a potential top 10 player in the league.
I just don't see Brown, Rozier, and Baynes as a kings ransom.  heck I'd be pretty surprised if Rozier and Baynes are even on the team next year.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip