Author Topic: Drama brewing in Oakland?  (Read 5052 times)

Re: Drama brewing in Oakland?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 09:03:00 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
double post

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 09:03:25 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
triple post

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2018, 09:21:23 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
This is one of those fantasy-land where you have a superpowered evil empire and they start having quarrels with each other and thus they decide to destroy each other, giving the good guys a chance to step them down.

Draymond Green not happy with Kevin Durant, DeMarcus Cousins will soon crush them. Klay Thompson can only hope that he leaves them for the Lakers next year.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 04:01:16 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
Egos ultimately kill everything when it comes to pro sports. GS time is coming to end after this year. I legit wouldn't be shocked to see Curry the only one on that team afterwards.

Yeah, these things never last forever. The type of mental state required to accomplish what GS has accomplished these last 4 years also tends to be pretty combustible, I think.

I imagine Klay will be around forever but I guess I wouldn't be shocked by anything.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2018, 11:24:42 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Sources say Draymond Green dared Kevin Durant to leave the Golden State Warriors in free agency in 2019, which led to his suspension.

“We don’t need you. We won without you. Leave,” sources say Green said to Durant

Durant can become a free agent in 2019 just before the Warriors move to san Francisco.

The Warriors desperately want to re-sign Durant.

Sources say there was a point in the argument when Durant cringed and that it went from basketball to personal.

Sources close to Green say he took exception to Durant’s criticism because he felt his desire to win was being questioned.

Rival teams and players are trying to gather more information on the morale of the Warriors.

Rival teams and players are trying to gather more information on the morale of the Warriors.

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2018, 11:57:53 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Sources say Draymond Green dared Kevin Durant to leave the Golden State Warriors in free agency in 2019, which led to his suspension.

“We don’t need you. We won without you. Leave,” sources say Green said to Durant

Durant can become a free agent in 2019 just before the Warriors move to san Francisco.

Sources say there was a point in the argument when Durant cringed and that it went from basketball to personal.

Sources close to Green say he took exception to Durant’s criticism because he felt his desire to win was being questioned.

They won without KD35 because Love and Kyrie were hurt. They lost the following year when their 73-9 record blew a 3-1 series lead in the finals. That's when they needed Durant, and thanks to Durant they bought themselves 2 straight championships. So yes, the Warriors NEED Durant to win lol what is Draymond smoking.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2018, 03:38:17 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

They won without KD35 because Love and Kyrie were hurt. They lost the following year when their 73-9 record blew a 3-1 series lead in the finals. That's when they needed Durant, and thanks to Durant they bought themselves 2 straight championships. So yes, the Warriors NEED Durant to win lol what is Draymond smoking.
I don't buy the Love and Kyrie were injured thesis.
The way I see it as, after being the best team in the league for 7 months GSW entered the finals more ready than the opponent and they won 4:2.

Otherwise, you can make an argument that each season some other team should have won.
Like for example, Steph wasn't 100% the year after and they lost, or if Wade was healthier the 2nd time vs San Antonio the Heat would win. If Perk didn't get injured in G6 2010, Or if McHale didn't break his foot...

IMO, if you are the best team for 7 months and you win the finals, you deserve the title.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2018, 06:21:23 AM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

I don't buy the Love and Kyrie were injured thesis.
The way I see it as, after being the best team in the league for 7 months GSW entered the finals more ready than the opponent and they won 4:2.

Otherwise, you can make an argument that each season some other team should have won.
Like for example, Steph wasn't 100% the year after and they lost, or if Wade was healthier the 2nd time vs San Antonio the Heat would win. If Perk didn't get injured in G6 2010, Or if McHale didn't break his foot...

IMO, if you are the best team for 7 months and you win the finals, you deserve the title.

Couldn’t disagree more.

I think there’s a difference with not being 100% and breaking your kneecap and missing the final five games.

With Kyrie, they beat them. A better version of them (who also nearly lost the previous round).

They possibly lose to healthy Spurs in 2017 even with Durant, assuredly lose without him. They definitely don’t beat Houston last season without him, and who knows what would have come of OKC if Durant stayed.

I cannot be convinced they go back-to-back without Durant. They absolutely needed him the past two seasons.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2018, 06:54:34 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They lost the following year when their 73-9 record blew a 3-1 series lead in the finals.

Because the league tossed out Green and helped Lebron win another one.  I mean I hate both of those teams but that title was a little fishy.

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2018, 09:07:20 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
If the situation devolves further, their best bet is trading KD for Beal.

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2018, 09:20:10 AM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
They lost the following year when their 73-9 record blew a 3-1 series lead in the finals.

Because the league tossed out Green and helped Lebron win another one.  I mean I hate both of those teams but that title was a little fishy.

My memory must be deceiving me at the moment. Wasn't Green finally suspended for kicking another player in the nuts? During that playoff run, I was watching the Warriors games to see how many times Green would "accidentally" kick an opponent in their package. The league should have suspended Green for the rest of the Finals, let alone just one game.

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2018, 09:26:16 AM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
If the Warriors were dead set on making a suspension to help put this situation to bed, I'm surprised they only suspended Green. Why pick a side if your the organization? I mean, Green is a huge part of their success, and will also be a free agent at the end of the season.

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2018, 09:26:57 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

I like the visual of Durant "cringing". 
Yup

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2018, 11:09:56 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
If the Warriors were dead set on making a suspension to help put this situation to bed, I'm surprised they only suspended Green. Why pick a side if your the organization? I mean, Green is a huge part of their success, and will also be a free agent at the end of the season.

Who else should they have suspended, Durant? What for?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2018, 01:42:33 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73

Eh, that series changed the second Bogut got hurt. Lebron was settling for jump shots when Bogut was in there.  As soon as he got hurt, Lebron went into attack mode.  Without a big strong center, nobody stops attack mode Lebron.