Author Topic: Sacramento Kings 2018-19 Season Watch Thread  (Read 123302 times)

Re: Sacramento Kings 2018-19 Season Watch Thread
« Reply #405 on: November 18, 2018, 07:22:52 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
Ah the Kings and dysfunction.  Can't have one without the other.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/251673/Kings-Front-Office-Frustrated-By-How-Dave-Joerger-Has-Handled-Young-Players

So the Kings look like a respectable team for the first time in years and they may remove the coach because he isn't playing the young guys enough, yet it is successful.  I totally get removing a coach that isn't playing young guys and isn't winning (like Lue), but Joerger is actually winning.  It just doesn't make any sense, but I guess that is the perfect tag line for the Kings.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #406 on: November 18, 2018, 01:37:21 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/251673/Kings-Front-Office-Frustrated-By-How-Dave-Joerger-Has-Handled-Young-Players

So the Kings look like a respectable team for the first time in years and they may remove the coach because he isn't playing the young guys enough, yet it is successful.  I totally get removing a coach that isn't playing young guys and isn't winning (like Lue), but Joerger is actually winning.  It just doesn't make any sense, but I guess that is the perfect tag line for the Kings.
lol love it

« Reply #407 on: November 18, 2018, 03:42:48 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

I would normally assume this is untrue, but you never know with Vivek.  That would be great if they change coaches for a youth movement.  They're winning too much right now.  Hopefully, a new coach would implement Vivek's 4 man defense.

« Reply #408 on: November 18, 2018, 04:13:33 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Right on the heels of this Ringer breakdown:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/11/6/18066284/sacramento-kings-start-marvin-bagley

I mean, Joerger's system has the Kings in a good place, and people in Sac are more excited about the Kings than since the early 2000s, probably.

And Bagley's playing good ball, not great, and getting 22 mpg. Why all the dissatisfaction? It's not like he's tearing it up but only getting garbage time.

Typical Kings nonsense. They will never have any real success until Vivek goes away. I find it hard to believe Vlade is the one who's unhappy, if only because Vlade has never been unhappy about anything in his life.

« Reply #409 on: November 18, 2018, 05:31:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Not sure what young guys the owners want playing more. Giles?Labissiere? Frank Mason? Yogi Farrell?

They are already play WCS, Fox, Hield, Jackson and Bagley and are winning.

« Reply #410 on: November 18, 2018, 06:18:32 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Not sure what young guys the owners want playing more. Giles?Labissiere? Frank Mason? Yogi Farrell?

It’s Sacramento, nick. You’re applying logic to a raging dumpster fire full of toxic waste. They ran their last good coach (Mike Malone) out of town, too. They’ve got the worst front office in sports. I fully expect them to sabotage their team.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 06:31:28 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #411 on: November 18, 2018, 06:25:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!

It’s Sacramento, nick. You’re apply logic to a raging dumpster fire full of toxic waste. They ran their last good coach (Mike Malone) out of town, too. They’ve got the worst front office in sports. I fully expect them to sabotage their team.

This is why I still expect this Kings pick to be great. No, they probably won't finish bottom-3 in the league (though that may be a bit of a good thing since if it's #1, it actually goes PHI), but still could be a great pick in the Top-5 or 6. Zion is the star (he'll go #1 probably to CLE) but I see a lot of other potential freakish athletes (even other unicorns of sorts) that could emerge out of this Draft.

Right now I think SAC is the 11 seed in the West but are just a few games out of being 2nd to last in the West and like 6th/7th worst in the league.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #412 on: November 18, 2018, 08:28:27 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736

It’s Sacramento, nick. You’re applying logic to a raging dumpster fire full of toxic waste. They ran their last good coach (Mike Malone) out of town, too. They’ve got the worst front office in sports. I fully expect them to sabotage their team.

If this iteration of the team (Fox, Hield, Cauley-Stein, Bagley) never materializes into a playoff team can we finally just move them to Seattle and bring back the Sonics?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #413 on: November 18, 2018, 09:06:50 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Just to keep everyone updated, were the draft to occur today, Boston's collection of picks would be:

#11, Sacramento (three way tie with San Antonio and Utah)
#19, Boston's own (tie with New Orleans)
#24, Memphis
#25, Clippers (three way tie with Oklahoma and Portland)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #414 on: November 18, 2018, 09:18:00 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
The flatter draft lottery is working in our favor here. #1 only has 2x the chance vs #8 at getting a top-4 pick and there is barely any difference in the bottom 5:

http://www.tankathon.com/

« Reply #415 on: November 18, 2018, 09:49:29 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
The flatter draft lottery is working in our favor here. #1 only has 2x the chance vs #8 at getting a top-4 pick and there is barely any difference in the bottom 5:

Remember that if it ends up #1 it stays with the Sixers.  So if the Kings finish in the bottom 3, we'd have a 38.1% chance of getting #2 through #4.  If the Kings finish 8th worst, we'd only have 18.2% chance of it finishing #2 through #4. 

« Reply #416 on: November 18, 2018, 10:53:59 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Just to keep everyone updated, were the draft to occur today, Boston's collection of picks would be:

#11, Sacramento (three way tie with San Antonio and Utah)
#19, Boston's own (tie with New Orleans)
#24, Memphis
#25, Clippers (three way tie with Oklahoma and Portland)
the kings really need to start losing. I know eventually they will

« Reply #417 on: November 19, 2018, 03:59:49 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

Remember that if it ends up #1 it stays with the Sixers.  So if the Kings finish in the bottom 3, we'd have a 38.1% chance of getting #2 through #4.  If the Kings finish 8th worst, we'd only have 18.2% chance of it finishing #2 through #4.

I would be content ending up in the 6 to 8 range.  If Danny wanted to move up to say the top 3 or 4 Danny just might have the assets to pull it off.   It looks like so far it’s going to be really hard to break into that bottom 5.  I’m hoping the Grizzlies come back to earth somewhere in the lottery as another good asset to use.

« Reply #418 on: November 20, 2018, 12:34:26 AM »

Offline willyd24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Kings win again tonight over the Thunder 117-113. It’s honestly getting really frustrating watching these guys win games that they have no business winning. Just leave it to the Thunder to win 5 games without Russell Westbrook and then lose to the Kings when he comes back and plays. To be fair the Kings deserve a lot of credit for playing tough basketball each and every night it seems like every time it looks like they are going to go on a losing streak they get a much needed win. Can’t believe that after years of dysfunction they finally put it together when we get there pick. I’m still hoping the pick ends up in the Top 10 since I only see about 10 or so elite prospects but we shall see because these guys are better than I thought.

« Reply #419 on: November 20, 2018, 05:51:18 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Moranis called it. This is as bad as following the Lakers for the first half of last year, or worse.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07