Author Topic: Grizzlies (16-47) at Celtics (49-16) 3/13  (Read 67422 times)

Re: Grizzlies (16-47) at Celtics (49-16) 3/13
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 10:11:49 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
This is probably another loss.  The Grizz have been playing well and the undermanned Celtics are just terrible right now (and not improving, either).

Step 1 - Think
Step 2 - Think again
Step 3 - Type
Step 4 - Post

Bricks got a point actually...the celtics are terrible right now, and without rondo, KG and a chunk of the bench...we're in the grizzlies league (ouch)

What "point" did he make?  The only thing he was right about was that we're undermanned, which isn't so much a point as it is a fact.  If I tell you the sky is blue, are you gonna say, "Good point"??

And losing two close games to the Magic and Heat isn't "terrible".  Losing by 25 to a Big Al-less Wolves team is terrible.
The point is we're not playing good right now, and as undermanned as we are, that isnt going to turnaround...of course against the grizziles, it probably should...but Im on record as saying this team wont win until rondo comes back....if they do, tonight would be the night though.
The celtics are vunerable right now, and not playing well
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 10:32:55 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
This is probably another loss.  The Grizz have been playing well and the undermanned Celtics are just terrible right now (and not improving, either).

Step 1 - Think
Step 2 - Think again
Step 3 - Type
Step 4 - Post

Bricks got a point actually...the celtics are terrible right now, and without rondo, KG and a chunk of the bench...we're in the grizzlies league (ouch)

What "point" did he make?  The only thing he was right about was that we're undermanned, which isn't so much a point as it is a fact.  If I tell you the sky is blue, are you gonna say, "Good point"??

And losing two close games to the Magic and Heat isn't "terrible".  Losing by 25 to a Big Al-less Wolves team is terrible.
The point is we're not playing good right now, and as undermanned as we are, that isnt going to turnaround...of course against the grizziles, it probably should...but Im on record as saying this team wont win until rondo comes back....if they do, tonight would be the night though.
The celtics are vunerable right now, and not playing well

I think the mocking was more directed at the idea that the Grizzlies were playing well right now, which is false.

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 10:50:33 AM »

Offline expobear

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 27

Step 1 - Think
Step 2 - Think again
Step 3 - Type
Step 4 - Post

Any team with Pierce and Allen should still be pretty good.

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 10:59:23 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Step 1 - Think
Step 2 - Think again
Step 3 - Type
Step 4 - Post

well yea, i think the issue right now is Big man depth. If leon is still banged up, that leaves us two guys Perk and mikki, who often get in foul trouble.

Been a long time sicne i've seen paul play PF, might happen tonight....
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 11:05:31 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11845
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Bill Walker did a very credible job at PF against the Heat.  He is an option there. 

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 11:38:17 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
With the injuries plaguing the Celtics I feel bad about this game. The Grizzlies are usually capable of staying close till end of games so I'm quite worried but I think that the fact that the game is played in Boston will prevail.

Let's go C's and TP for the preview!

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 12:24:59 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Thanks for the TP's.  Much appreciated! 

Things just got considerably brighter with Rondo planning to play tonight! 

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2009, 01:19:16 PM »

Offline expobear

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 27

Step 1 - Think
Step 2 - Think again
Step 3 - Type
Step 4 - Post

well yea, i think the issue right now is Big man depth. If leon is still banged up, that leaves us two guys Perk and mikki, who often get in foul trouble.

Been a long time sicne i've seen paul play PF, might happen tonight....

Don't worry about Leon.  He'll be there if he has to play on one leg. This may be his only opportunity this year to show the world what he can do.

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2009, 02:32:20 PM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
I'm really excited to see Rondo out there tonight. Even though he's just a young pup and coming off an injury, maybe these couple days off will help freshen him up a bit to push us over the hump this year.
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2009, 02:59:26 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32

Step 1 - Think
Step 2 - Think again
Step 3 - Type
Step 4 - Post

I do believe even ESPN said that Rondo's expected to play. Come on, man, at least check your facts before posting.

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2009, 03:04:09 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
TP for FL.
Let's get a win, go C's!

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 03:12:53 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676
I wonder if this is a decision Rondo made himself, or if Doc urged him.  If it is the former, it just increased my respect for him.  It's pretty obvious that this team is a shell of itself when Rondo doesn't play, and to recognize that and come back early from an injury to try to dig his team out of a hole says a lot. 

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 03:21:45 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I wonder if this is a decision Rondo made himself, or if Doc urged him.  If it is the former, it just increased my respect for him.  It's pretty obvious that this team is a shell of itself when Rondo doesn't play, and to recognize that and come back early from an injury to try to dig his team out of a hole says a lot. 

Doc has always been very cautious with injuries and would rather hold them out than let them play.  I don't see him urging Rondo to come back before he was ready or before the doctors and trainers say he is ok to play. 

Got this from ProJo
Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo says he will "definitely" start Friday night's home game after missing two games with a sprained right ankle.

Coach Doc Rivers was more reserved, saying Rondo is "likely" to start against the Memphis Grizzlies.

Rivers says he wanted to be sure that Rondo was strong enough to return and says he passed the test during Friday morning's shootaround.

Sounds to me like Rondo is pushing to come back and Doc is reluctantly letting him. 

« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 03:47:15 PM by FLCeltsFan »

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 04:40:35 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
excited to see Walker again, i think we'll see him playing 2,3 tonight since he knows OJ's game.

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2009, 04:56:30 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
1. i think rondo could have gone vs miami..i think he will be fine tonight

2. i think we see some trust in bill walker from doc and his minutes inch up slowly

3. boston wins tonight