Author Topic: Kings (10-7) at Celtics (14-4) Game #19 11/25/22  (Read 11207 times)

Re: Kings (10-7) at Celtics (14-4) Game #19 11/25/22
« Reply #225 on: November 26, 2022, 09:23:04 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Can’t wait until Rob is back.
Can we really depend on him?

No.  Looking at the last 3 seasons, Rob has played in 58% of regular season games, 69% if you just look at the last 2.   This isn’t counting the 0% this year or the 40% his rookie year.   

I’m not sure what the max # of consecutive games he’s played is, but I’d be surprised if it’s more the 15.  If you are going to depend on something it would be that Rob will miss time due to injury if he returns for the final 50 (or so) games.  Just depends how bad and how long. 

Edit: I didn’t account for the pandemic shortened season. So % would be slightly higher.

« Reply #226 on: November 26, 2022, 11:05:17 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
watched on tape delay.  tonight's hot takes:
- great start and coughed it up in the second and early third with lazy play on offense and defense. 
- bench was awful until Pritchard and Kornet came in.  those 2 injected the needed energy to get the team back on the right track.
- terrific night from Tatum, particularly with the bench in the later part of the third quarter to take back the lead.
- Brogdon with another off game offensively -- hoping he gets back on track
- Smart was not a help out there tonight.  neither was Grant.
- refs were bad.  really bad.

Also watched on delay.  Was it the same crew that ejected Joe and Grant earlier in the season?  I need to look that up.

EDIT: Just Natalie Sago.
thought she looked familiar

« Reply #227 on: November 26, 2022, 11:15:59 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
- great start and coughed it up in the second and early third with lazy play on offense and defense. 
- bench was awful until Pritchard and Kornet came in.  those 2 injected the needed energy to get the team back on the right track.
- terrific night from Tatum, particularly with the bench in the later part of the third quarter to take back the lead.

Also watched on delay.  Was it the same crew that ejected Joe and Grant earlier in the season?  I need to look that up.

thought she looked familiar

Yeah, Sago + rookie ref = iffy credentials

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #228 on: November 26, 2022, 11:43:46 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
How is Blake Griffin holding up in the middle of all these DNP's ?
Any complaining or discontent from him ?

Blake has been seen cheering with a big smile on good plays, like in their last game.

I think Blake genuinely appreciates playing (or not playing) for this team. Great talent level, good culture, great fans. Kudos to him for understanding and accepting where he is physically at this stage in his career.

It sets a great example for the younger guys.

« Reply #229 on: November 26, 2022, 01:11:05 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

She is really bad
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird