Author Topic: Celtics (11-3) at Hawks (9-5) Game #15 11/16/22  (Read 14600 times)

Re: Celtics (11-3) at Hawks (9-5) Game #15 11/16/22
« Reply #360 on: November 17, 2022, 09:33:27 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
This was a really good win with Smart and Brogdon injured. 

Saw that JD had a little PT last night, although, brief.  He was 0-2 with a turnover.  But for Maine this year, he's off to a pretty good start.  According to the Globe, he's "averaging 15.8 points, 6.3 assists and 6 rebounds per game for Maine, helping the team to a 4-0 start."  Think I'm going to have to get up there for a game.

I was excited when we drafted him (as excited as a second-round pick can be) but think he could develop.  Five-star recruit; Rivals had him 14th ranked overall and the #2 PG while ESPN had him 15th overall and 3rd PG and 24/7 had him 13th overall and 3rd PG.

I'm with you. I think Davison's future could look like something very similar to Eric Bledsoe. He's a top 10% athlete in the league already. He just needs reps as a shooter, in the pick-and-roll, and on-ball defense to find his groove.

« Reply #361 on: November 17, 2022, 09:45:10 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Saw that JD had a little PT last night, although, brief.  He was 0-2 with a turnover.  But for Maine this year, he's off to a pretty good start.  According to the Globe, he's "averaging 15.8 points, 6.3 assists and 6 rebounds per game for Maine, helping the team to a 4-0 start."  Think I'm going to have to get up there for a game.

I was excited when we drafted him (as excited as a second-round pick can be) but think he could develop.  Five-star recruit; Rivals had him 14th ranked overall and the #2 PG while ESPN had him 15th overall and 3rd PG and 24/7 had him 13th overall and 3rd PG.

I'm with you. I think Davison's future could look like something very similar to Eric Bledsoe. He's a top 10% athlete in the league already. He just needs reps as a shooter, in the pick-and-roll, and on-ball defense to find his groove.

Love his potential. He picked up bad habits playing against low-level high school comp, because it was so easy for him to dominate. With some coaching and his work ethic - which is reportedly solid - he could become a starting caliber player.

One big think right now to work on: 6.3 assists per game but 5 turnovers. And a lot of those are live-ball turnovers that lead to easy opponent buckets. He’s young, he should learn, but he’s not ready yet.

« Reply #362 on: November 17, 2022, 09:50:55 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Wow probably our best team win of the season last night. I think this team is a lot deeper than people want to give them credit for.

« Reply #363 on: November 17, 2022, 10:37:31 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Maybe it's just because of their similarities in looks, but does anyone else see a resemblance in the game between Luke Kornet and former Celtic starting center Tyler Zeller?

I think Zeller had a little more offensive game, but both were good at screening and running the dho game uptop. Both had surprisingly good numbers defending the rim. Both were below average rebounders.

I like Kornet. I know sometimes he can be less effective, but I hope he continues to gain confidence and find ways to contribute to the game in a consistent way. That would take a lot of pressure off the of the Cs in finding a backup center.

« Reply #364 on: November 17, 2022, 10:54:24 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Celts now with best record, point differential, points per game and offensive rating in the league. And I bet they're #1 in a host of other stats too.
Even this understates how incredible our offence has been: we're 7-8 points above league average, which is some of the best relative marks ever. Incredible how having an actual coach unlocks the potential of a team :laugh:

Well you probably missed it because you disappeared right as the team started playing well last year but from February we were averaging 115+ppg last year, and conceding around 100ppg, demolishing teams when we went 24-6 to end the season. So this year is just a continuation of our form last year. Full credit to Joe for learning from Ime. We wanted to celebrate with you but as Boston started to win you were nowhere to be found  :-\ I thought you might have been watching Mourinho and Roma play catenaccio and parking the bus as they ended up finishing sixth in Serie A  :laugh:

This is one of the better things I've ever read in a game thread.  Bravo.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #365 on: November 17, 2022, 11:31:53 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

Hope not. I hated Bledsoe’s game. Inefficient player and he made bad decisions with the ball. Not what you want in a PG.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #366 on: November 17, 2022, 12:11:13 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

Love his potential. ... With some coaching and his work ethic - which is reportedly solid - he could become a starting caliber player.

One big think right now to work on: 6.3 assists per game but 5 turnovers. And a lot of those are live-ball turnovers that lead to easy opponent buckets. He’s young, he should learn, but he’s not ready yet.

I love his potential, too.

Great body. Partly his own work, but he was gifted with good length and a low center of gravity. Good footwork, and springy.

Excellent fine motor skills. Beautiful stroke, just needs reps.

His work ethic shows in the development of his left hand - truly awful in college, by Summer League he was already showing results. The G-League might be the best place for him to get his handle up to snuff.

Getting into the Boston rotation is going to be a steep climb. Smart, White, and Brogdon are all ballhandlers in the rotation, and they've all got a size edge on JD, apart from experience and their other qualities. Pritchard is probably the best shooter on the team. As optimistic as I am about Davison's future, I wouldn't bet that it's with Boston.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021