Author Topic: Celtics (9-3) at Pistons (3-10) Game #13 11/12/22  (Read 12840 times)

Re: Celtics (9-3) at Pistons (3-10) Game #13 11/12/22
« Reply #285 on: November 13, 2022, 10:53:54 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I think Tatum is the best two way player in the NBA right now.

Ditto.

Still Giannis.

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1=tatumja01&p1yrfrom=2023&player_id2=antetgi01&p2yrfrom=2023

I still think Tatum is better. His offensive skillset is on a completely different level. Giannis is just a freight train, Jayson can kill you 100 different ways.

Results matter more than variety, right?

Westbrook put up better numbers for a few years than any other player in the NBA. He won an MVP. I still didn’t think he was the best player in the league. Giannis can’t shoot. I think that matters a lot.

Shaq couldn’t shoot either. 

Giannis and Tatum score about the same amount.  Giannis gets more assists and offensive rebounds, too.  But more importantly, Giannis’s defense is still better.
Giannis is the best player in the league and honestly by a wide margin in my opinion. He’s a two way force on offense and defense. That being said, Tatum is definitely in the top 5 player category and that is what really matters.

« Reply #286 on: November 13, 2022, 11:03:17 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Ditto.

Still Giannis.

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1=tatumja01&p1yrfrom=2023&player_id2=antetgi01&p2yrfrom=2023

I still think Tatum is better. His offensive skillset is on a completely different level. Giannis is just a freight train, Jayson can kill you 100 different ways.

Westbrook put up better numbers for a few years than any other player in the NBA. He won an MVP. I still didn’t think he was the best player in the league. Giannis can’t shoot. I think that matters a lot.

Giannis and Tatum score about the same amount.  Giannis gets more assists and offensive rebounds, too.  But more importantly, Giannis’s defense is still better.
Giannis is the best player in the league and honestly by a wide margin in my opinion. He’s a two way force on offense and defense. That being said, Tatum is definitely in the top 5 player category and that is what really matters.

Yes, I definitely agree with that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #287 on: November 13, 2022, 11:32:41 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

Ditto.

Still Giannis.

That’s what Giannis reminds me of. A PF version of Shaq. I’d take Kobe over Shaq, though. Especially in todays NBA. Giannis might put up big numbers, but so did Westbrook for years and I never thought he was better than Kawhi or KD. Hopefully both teams will meet in the playoffs again this year and we can see who the top dog is.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #288 on: November 13, 2022, 11:42:35 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Ditto.

Still Giannis.

That’s what Giannis reminds me of. A PF version of Shaq. I’d take Kobe over Shaq, though. Especially in todays NBA. Giannis might put up big numbers, but so did Westbrook for years and I never thought he was better than Kawhi or KD. Hopefully both teams will meet in the playoffs again this year and we can see who the top dog is.

Shaq was much better than Kobe.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #289 on: November 13, 2022, 11:46:52 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

Ditto.

Still Giannis.

Ring count says otherwise.  :)
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #290 on: November 13, 2022, 11:46:53 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
Bucks and Celtics are probably the two best teams in the NBA right now.

What it will come down to is obviously 1. Health and 2. Depth at the end of the day. Is the Celtics offense/bench better than the bucks.

« Reply #291 on: November 13, 2022, 11:50:18 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Ditto.

Still Giannis.

Ring count says otherwise.  :)

Only because Shaq carried Kobe to three titles.

« Reply #292 on: November 13, 2022, 11:56:22 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Ditto.

Still Giannis.

Agreed here, too. Tatum might overtake Giannis in a couple of years. Hard to remember he still hasn’t reached his prime, and if Giannis starts losing some of his athletic edge he won’t be as special.

« Reply #293 on: November 13, 2022, 12:24:39 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Bucks and Celtics are probably the two best teams in the NBA right now.

What it will come down to is obviously 1. Health and 2. Depth at the end of the day. Is the Celtics offense/bench better than the bucks.

Health of Rob Williams …..there is no decent replacement to fill his shoes , cause no other Celtics can do what he does to an opponent’s offense . Change everything they do.

« Reply #294 on: November 14, 2022, 06:53:44 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Noah with a solid 20min off the bench.  7 reb, 2 assists and 0 TOs

Interesting Big rotation in this game with no Horford on top of no RWill (and of course no Gallinari).  Most teams would be decimated if they lost their arguably top 3 bigs. Our rotation was Grant, Griffin, Vonleh, and Kornet.  Wow.

What was strange to me was why did Kornet only get 8 min and Griffin was given 22 min?  Griffin had been a DNP-CD the last several games and Kornet was playing more.  Why the sudden switch?  I expected Grant and Vonleh to play more than usual but I was not expecting Kornet to play less than normal.
How deep in this team? Here’s a 1-5 lineup of players who did not play:
Brogdon
Brown
Gallinari
Horford
R-Will

THAT is a competitive playoff team.