Author Topic: Celtics (4-2) at Cavaliers (5-1) Game #7 11/2/22  (Read 16065 times)

Re: Celtics (4-2) at Cavaliers (5-1) Game #7 11/2/22
« Reply #390 on: November 03, 2022, 01:07:32 AM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
What kind of play calling was that on the last play?
Tatum stood like a statue in the back court??
HORRIBLE Coaching there...Plus letting the Cavs go on a 10-0 run in the 3rd Killed us.
C'mon Joe.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #391 on: November 03, 2022, 01:15:26 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Two missed calls at the end of regulation in the 2 games against the Cavs has cost us both games. Our records should be reversed.

- Horford clean block on Allen in Boston
- Tatum raked across the side of the head

« Reply #392 on: November 03, 2022, 04:29:30 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Enough...the JB dribble made no difference. The team had two timeouts.

Uh, you mean besides the full second he took off the clock by dribbling it? Yeah, they were able to advance it, but he still took an eternity off the clock in an end of game scenario by his brain fart. Further, it doesn't change the fact that it was yet another example of his awful BBIQ.
You're clueless. Brown does not have a bad BBIQ. Top 15-20 players don't get there by having bad BBIQ. Bad BBIQ players don't develop to the level he has from where he was to start his career. Bad BBIQ players don't figure out how to get better and better every year. Bad BBIQ players don't become a premier two way player.

It's obvious you have always had a hair across your ass over Jaylen. Always hyper critical. Always pushing this stupid bad BBIQ agenda. It's pathetic.

Yikes. Little defensive, aren't we?

Sorry that I'm not a Brown apologist. Just seems clear to me that he has below average BBIQ for a player of his level. Holds him back. And that play is demonstrative of that questionable BBIQ.
Not defensive. Just stating facts.

And lol at the use of the word apologist. The word you want to use is fan, which is what I said. And since you're not a fan, you take pot shots, or should I say potter shots, every chance you get.

No that play isn't demonstrative of bad BBIQ, it was a mistake. Things every NBA player makes every game. Tatum almost cost the team the game late after arguing a no call after his dunk. Is that a mistake or bad BBIQ? What about Tatum's decision to take a three on a 3 on 1 break when he had both an open lane to the basket and a wide open Horford. Bad BBIQ or bad decision? How about Smart's decisions to continue to shoot threes where he sucks at it? Grant arguing with his own coach to review an obvious foul late when the team had to foul to stop the clock? Pretty stupid. Bad BBIQ on him?

And these are nightly mistakes for three extremely high BBIQ players. They make mistakes and bad decisions every game. It has nothing to do with their BBIQ. It's just they don't have perfect decision making and sometimes lose concentration and make mistakes. It happens to every NBA player.

You're just making it into something it's not to be hyper-critical and troll on a player you don't like.

Bad BBIQ? Wanting a timeout every time the other team gets 4 unanswered points, yes you do that the proof is in this thread, not realizing coaches don't have unlimited timeouts, that there are TV timeouts built into games and that sometimes you have to have your vets figure stuff out. That shows a general lack of understanding of the game...or a bad BBIQ. And I am sure you're going to show off that lack of BBIQ by complaining about timeouts 15-20 times a game, every game, the rest of the season
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 04:34:42 AM by nickagneta »

« Reply #393 on: November 03, 2022, 06:00:13 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
HORRIBLE Coaching there...Plus letting the Cavs go on a 10-0 run in the 3rd Killed us.
C'mon Joe.

I suspect after the play at the end of regulation the Cavs were sweating on Tatum, so they went to Brown since they had like 2 seconds to get a shot off and Tatum probably wasn't going to get free or would have been doubled.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #394 on: November 03, 2022, 06:20:35 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Great game by the Bricklayers tonight. Couldn’t hit shots to save their lives. And Garland had been out a week but was better than any Boston player. I guess Cleveland is Boston’s daddy now.

Lol. Two OT loses in the first 7 games of the season to the cavs and you think they own the Celtics?

The Celtics certainly don’t own them.

It’s the second day of November. Relax.

Exactly...and this time last year we were in a worse position, we were 2-5 playing worse teams and everyone thought the sky was falling in. No need for anyone to panic!  :laugh:

(click on it to make it bigger and scroll across if it doesn't fit on the screen)
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #395 on: November 03, 2022, 08:07:19 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
I thought for most of the night the Celtics looked pretty good. How many crazy contested shots did Cleveland make? It is what it is. 2 good teams play one has to win. I thought the defense looked more connected after the 1st quarter too.

« Reply #396 on: November 03, 2022, 09:02:58 AM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 82
C'mon Joe.

I suspect after the play at the end of regulation the Cavs were sweating on Tatum, so they went to Brown since they had like 2 seconds to get a shot off and Tatum probably wasn't going to get free or would have been doubled.

If Tatum might have been doubled, then you run a play with action happening between Tatum and Brown. 

Then you hope they lean towards defending Tatum, giving Brown a little more room once he catches the inbounds pass.

« Reply #397 on: November 03, 2022, 10:08:20 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
C'mon Joe.

If Tatum might have been doubled, then you run a play with action happening between Tatum and Brown. 

Then you hope they lean towards defending Tatum, giving Brown a little more room once he catches the inbounds pass.
Yeah. I didn't love that last play. With just 2-3 seconds left you want a play where the person taking the inbounds pass is going towards the basket, not away from it. It made any shot Brown took significantly more difficult simply because he is running from under the basket towards the top of the key, has to try to stop to gather the ball, turn and try to make space from his defender before shooting.

Some pick action high to free him going to the basket when receiving the pass is a better play. But Mazzula is new to this and he'll learn from mistakes, I hope. Ime did.

« Reply #398 on: November 03, 2022, 11:35:30 AM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
I thought for most of the night the Celtics looked pretty good. How many crazy contested shots did Cleveland make? It is what it is. 2 good teams play one has to win. I thought the defense looked more connected after the 1st quarter too.

3rd was bad offense went dry.

« Reply #399 on: November 03, 2022, 01:56:25 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I hate losing and especially losing to Mitchell. Two overtime losses to this team. I feel if we had all our pieces (Timelord) like they have we would beat them. I am not crazy though about the offense which is chuck up 3's on 4 or 5 possessions in a row then finally go inside and get the two and 1. Brogdon missing like 3 consecutive layups didn't help.

« Reply #400 on: November 03, 2022, 02:20:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I see a lot of posts saying we'd beat Cleveland with Timelord, and that's great and all but can we really even rely on that?? CBS needs to trade for a big for sure. Even if Timelord comes back they need more depth and options in the frontcourt. They clearly don't have enough there

Even when Timelord comes back can we even assume he'll stay healthy? I doubt it.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller