Author Topic: NBA Off Season 2022  (Read 104570 times)

Re: NBA Off Season 2022
« Reply #1095 on: September 29, 2022, 04:56:39 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
We don't usually get to see things like this.  I found it informative and interesting so I shared.  It is a couple of minutes and the 2nd part is like a minute.

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1575531686263021568?t=fDy2n0LBdSz2wrvDRB6ORg&s=19
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1096 on: September 29, 2022, 05:20:57 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
We don't usually get to see things like this.  I found it informative and interesting so I shared.  It is a couple of minutes and the 2nd part is like a minute.

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1575531686263021568?t=fDy2n0LBdSz2wrvDRB6ORg&s=19

That was a good listen.  TP for the share.  We’ll see if Doc can get buy-in from Harden this year.

« Reply #1097 on: September 29, 2022, 09:24:55 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Big Houston OKC trade with 8 players. Favors to Houston. 

« Reply #1098 on: September 29, 2022, 09:35:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Details:

Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: The Oklahoma City Thunder are trading Derrick Favors, Ty Jerome, Moe Harkless, Theo Maledon and a 2025 second-round pick via Atlanta to the Houston Rockets for David Nwaba, Sterling Brown, Trey Burke and Marquese Chriss.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1099 on: September 29, 2022, 09:35:45 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

Praying for a Favors buyout….

Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: The Oklahoma City Thunder are trading Derrick Favors, Ty Jerome, Moe Harkless, Theo Maledon and a 2025 second-round pick via Atlanta to the Houston Rockets for David Nwaba, Sterling Brown, Trey Burke and Marquese Chriss. – via Twitter wojespn

Adrian Wojnarowski: Cap-centric deal for both teams: Thunder gain two trade exceptions and drop about $10M under luxury tax. Rockets get a second-round pick for taking on $1M in salary. Favors will have value as a backup center, or elsewhere on a trade in marketplace too. – via Twitter wojespn
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1100 on: September 29, 2022, 09:38:01 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
Nobody seems to want Harkless.

« Reply #1101 on: September 29, 2022, 09:38:20 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: The Oklahoma City Thunder are trading Derrick Favors, Ty Jerome, Moe Harkless, Theo Maledon and a 2025 second-round pick via Atlanta to the Houston Rockets for David Nwaba, Sterling Brown, Trey Burke and Marquese Chriss. – via Twitter wojespn

Yeah, I’d take Favors and Harkless.

I hope the Celts have gotten their DPE, because it would give the team more than the minimum to offer.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1102 on: September 29, 2022, 11:25:31 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

I hope the Celts have gotten their DPE, because it would give the team more than the minimum to offer.

I don’t think the small difference between the DPE and the 10-year minimum will have an impact.  It’s about $300k, and Favors would only get to keep half, with the other half going to the Rockets. Harkless would get a little more from it, but not too much, barring a negotiated buyout.

The DPE is better used as a small trade exception, or after the trade deadline for a free agent during buyout season. Because it doesn’t pro-rate, it would then be a couple million above the minimum, and that could be more enticing.  For the right free agent, it could even give the Celtics a competitive starting point for a non-Bird offer the following offseason.

« Reply #1103 on: September 30, 2022, 02:08:27 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Sign me up for Favors.

Too bad Brad Stevens won't do us the favor of getting him and will roll with Luke Kornet with full confidence  :(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1104 on: September 30, 2022, 07:11:55 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Ty Jerome is getting waived by Houston.  I know that some on here liked him.

« Reply #1105 on: September 30, 2022, 07:15:50 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

I have been wondering about this as it seems they would have done it already (gotten the DPE).  I wonder if they are holding off so that they have the option to trade him.  Trading him puts more money in play but I wonder how realistic it is for someone to take him on.  And could that team that  trades for him then apply for the DPE?

« Reply #1106 on: September 30, 2022, 07:22:20 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

Interesting.  I don't know much about Jerome but doesn't seem to be much different than Brodric Thomas or Denzel Valentine.  Is he maybe a little better than these guys?  A little more NBA track record, does playing for OKC the last couple of seasons even count as NBA?

What I hope is this is the start of is more players being bought out or released.  More options for the Celtics.

« Reply #1107 on: September 30, 2022, 07:23:15 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I have been wondering about this as it seems they would have done it already (gotten the DPE).  I wonder if they are holding off so that they have the option to trade him.  Trading him puts more money in play but I wonder how realistic it is for someone to take him on.  And could that team that  trades for him then apply for the DPE?

From memory, the team that trades for him can't apply for the DPE.

I can't recall if a player can be traded once a team receives the DPE for him.  I believe that he can be.

« Reply #1108 on: September 30, 2022, 07:23:16 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

I am a fan, and would rather he be in camp than Brodric Thomas and Denzel Valentine, but now that Rob is hurt I have higher priorities.

« Reply #1109 on: September 30, 2022, 09:03:53 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

From memory, the team that trades for him can't apply for the DPE.

I can't recall if a player can be traded once a team receives the DPE for him.  I believe that he can be.

If the Celtics are granted a DPE for Gallo, then they would lose it if he is traded or released.  However, if they’ve already used it and then he’s traded/released, there are no consequences.

Another team cannot trade for Gallo and get a DPE for him.

As for the delay, I’m guessing they wouldn’t have applied for it before this week, since reportedly he had his surgery just last Thursday.