Poll

Who would you rather trade for Anthony Davis if you absolutely had to

Al Horford
35 (61.4%)
Gordon Hayward
22 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Cold Hearted Poll: Who would you rather trade for Davis  (Read 7139 times)

Re: Cold Harded Poll: Who would you rather trade for Davis
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 07:51:26 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Since contracts matter, I believe Horford will be paid less after his current contract (possibly even this year). He also seems like the type to age well and fits Brad's system to a T.

I loved the Hayward signing at the time, but have some concerns about him returning to his previous form. We also have two amazing young wings who could be in Boston for a very long time and I have come to think of Hayward as more of a luxury (very expensive luxury).

So my answer to who I would trade for Davis is Hayward.

You simply do not treat players that way. Hayward made a huge decision to come to Boston and you don't unload him because he got hurt. Not really the point, but he'll come around. He will be good this season and probably back to 100% by next season.

Plus, if Danny does a free agent that way, others will be very hesitatant to sign with Boston.
Danny's rep for treating players like cattle is bad enough as it is.

I'm not to worried about the immediate to mid future. We are about to be well over the cap/tax for a long time as [hopefully] a championship contender. Players signing for the minimum up to the MLE won't really care about what types of trades Danny makes.

I think we all have to wait and see on Hayward. I understand it was not his fault that he was injured last year, but sometimes bad things happen. Tatum and Brown are the future at the wing positions - even DA couldn't have hoped for better progress from them last season (after Hayward is signed).

This whole thread is a hypothetical and if AD is coming to town, NO can frankly have both Hayward and Horford, along with all of our future picks.

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 08:26:14 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
You meant "Cold Hearted Poll", Not to be Granny Grammar, but sheesh, can we not spell words in this country anymore ?

Frankly, I don't want to trade anyone for the guy (ok, maybe Irving). We have the team we need. Concentrate on stability and some loyalty and on making our players feel appreciated by management, especially Brown & Tatum & Horford & Hayward & Rozier & Smart - all home-grown or they came here because they wanted to wear the Green.

If Anthony Davis wants to be a Celtic, let him come to us the same way Durant went to Golden State. We'll need him in 3 years to start replacing an aging Horford. The Lakers or Sixers would have to give up a chunk of their cores to trade for him, preventing them from becoming too strong for us to defeat.

If you're going to complain about grammar, the least you could do is be grammatically correct in your own post.  The sentence I've highlighted is anything but grammatically correct.  ;)

Gosh, thank you for pointing that out. Difference is, I was intentionally incorrect just to get my thoughts across. The IP was not.

Really?  You don't know what my intentions were do you. I know how to spell Heart. It's called being tired and auto correct. Please apologize.

Re: Cold Hearted Poll: Who would you rather trade for Davis
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 09:15:04 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Hayward.

He's not really that good.

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 09:27:38 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Hayward.

Yeah, what's 3 seasons of averaging 20/5/4 on .450/.370/.826 splits worth when you come back rusty after being out of the game for almost exactly a year? ::) Guy's a bum!

Don't think I can roll my eyes hard enough
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 10:58:35 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Given age, Horford is the obvious answer. 

That said, I don't believe either is traded for Davis.  It will be Smart/Rozier, Brown/Tatum, and draft picks. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 11:39:13 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

That said, I don't believe either is traded for Davis.  It will be Smart/Rozier, Brown/Tatum, and draft picks.

You can take Tatum out of the equation and because that's not happening.

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2018, 01:16:00 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

You can take Tatum out of the equation and because that's not happening.
Let's see how the year goes before we make any such proclamations.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2018, 02:13:35 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Has to be Horford.

I wouldn't be surprised if it takes until the Allstar break for Hayward to look good and in rhythm. Next year is when he returns to his former level.

Horford is a nightmare matchup and defensive stalwart, but Davis replaces that and much, much more.

Since we're speculating that this won't happen until next season, we could always then pick Horford back up the following off season in a diminished deal, as he'll be in his mid 30s.

You can't pass up a lineup of stars like Irving-Brown-Hayward-Tatum-Davis, all in their 20s.

But we all know, it'd be Brown, Rozier and Smart that'd be on the table for AD.

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2018, 02:27:07 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Being a grammar policeman is against site rules and only promulgates bad feelings and retaliation. Please stop it.
I didn’t know that was a rule, but boy am I glad it is.
i think gentle suggestions on spelling in titles is in bounds for posters. this title spelling is obviously wrong and is jarring to read.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2018, 02:46:44 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Why would the Pelicans want either Hayward coming off a devastating injury or the aging Horford?

Being realistic...It will take Rozier and Brown, plus the pick. And salary fillers.

IMO it could read "Who would you rather trade Tatum or Brown IF an AD deal could be worked out.

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2018, 02:57:50 PM »

Online aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55
Will NO want Horford?  If we make a move, I think it's going to be Brown, the Sacto pick (assuming we have it of course), and others to make the cap space work.

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2018, 06:01:57 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Hayward.

Yeah, what's 3 seasons of averaging 20/5/4 on .450/.370/.826 splits worth when you come back rusty after being out of the game for almost exactly a year? ::) Guy's a bum!

That was years ago. Even before the injury, he did not look that good.

And now he has back problems.

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2018, 06:03:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Being a grammar policeman is against site rules and only promulgates bad feelings and retaliation. Please stop it.
I didn’t know that was a rule, but boy am I glad it is.
i think gentle suggestions on spelling in titles is in bounds for posters. this title spelling is obviously wrong and is jarring to read.
It's not.

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2018, 06:49:29 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Why would the Pelicans want either Hayward coming off a devastating injury or the aging Horford?

Being realistic...It will take Rozier and Brown, plus the pick. And salary fillers.

IMO it could read "Who would you rather trade Tatum or Brown IF an AD deal could be worked out.

I think Brown would be more valuable to a rebuilding team than Tatum but I assume Tatum's ridiculous upside would be too much for any team to not make him the focal point of any trade negotiation.

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2018, 06:49:47 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Hayward.

That was years ago. Even before the injury, he did not look that good.

And now he has back problems.
I’m just going to let this sit until this time next year
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)