Author Topic: Do I stand alone in Re-signing Rozier  (Read 5126 times)

Re: Do I stand alone in Re-signing Rozier
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2018, 09:54:44 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
If Rozier accepted 4 years 52 million same contract as Smart that would be a steal and everyone should want him back at that price.

Do you care if the owners have to reach deeper into their ridiculously deep pockets? I wasn't big on giving Irving near 200 million, but At 189 million. Great Deal!

I found myself convincing my friend who is I huge Kyrie supporter that this is worth it. Screw it. Why do we act like it's our money.

The Celtics are probably worth over 2 Billion now. I can't believe I've ever cared about the luxury Tax. After paying Brown, Tatum I hope we pay the highest Tax ever seen.

If itmeans we are winning multiple championship I'm all for it.

I'd rather have Rozier than Smart.

At least Rozier can shoot.
At least rozier can shoot is a rather simplified way to compare the two.  There are things that smart does better than rozier too.

I'll take Rozier over Smart any day. Smart is a bit of a knucklehead. Today was a good example.

Punching out a glass picture frame is another example.
i must of missed it. what to smart do that was not so smart?
Went after JR after JR pushed Baynes, subsequently got ejected. Not sure how anyone can be mad about that though

Because it's stupid. Just like punching out a picture and getting injured doing it and being out for two weeks. Poise is a big part of the game.

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2018, 10:30:00 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
They should keep him for one more year if they can.  It is a great way to get more value from him.  It could be looked upon as a delayed sign-and-trade.  We get one more year of Rozier plus another team can trade for him.  Sure, there are a number of teams that can pay to sign him away from the Celtics because they have room under the salary cap.  However, they don't have the right to match that the Celtics hold.  This requires teams to put more money in the contract to pry him away which is a fancy way to say they are betting on him outperforming his new bloated contract.  That scenario won't have great results unless he becomes a MIP candidate.  There tends to be a lot of buyers remorse following restricted free agency. 

This means that Celtics can scare down the price, similar to Smart's recent free agency.  Although more interest is expected, the aforementioned reasoning may keep the Celtics in the ball game.  This could lead the Celtics to get a fair price for a starting quality point guard that can be flipped a year later to a team ready for a new point guard.  Teams will pay for a quality point guard entering his prime with 3 years remaining on a deal that he will likely outperform.

This is why I stand with you when in re-signing Rozier. 

Re: Do I stand alone in Resigning Rozier
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2018, 11:10:32 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
You’re alone

Although money is the issue, once Morris is inevitably gone after this year who do we have off the bench to create their own shot let alone score? Unless someone comes here for cheap, we are signed up for Smart, Semi, Baynes, and Rob Will. Not exactly second unit fire power.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2018, 08:30:00 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Looks like I was pretty close to being on the money with my 5 years 70 million dollar guess. Although the contract may not be that long it does look like it's going to be right around the 15 million per season range.

https://youtu.be/wMVS6phJgNw