Author Topic: Do I stand alone in Re-signing Rozier  (Read 5127 times)

Do I stand alone in Re-signing Rozier
« on: October 05, 2018, 06:21:20 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 If Rozier accepted 4 years 52 million same contract as Smart that would be a steal and everyone should want him back at that price.

Do you care if the owners have to reach deeper into their ridiculously deep pockets? I wasn't big on giving Irving near 200 million, but At 189 million. Great Deal!

I found myself convincing my friend who is I huge Kyrie supporter that this is worth it. Screw it. Why do we act like it's our money.

The Celtics are probably worth over 2 Billion now. I can't believe I've ever cared about the luxury Tax. After paying Brown, Tatum I hope we pay the highest Tax ever seen.

If itmeans we are winning multiple championship I'm all for it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 09:37:20 AM by Redz »

Re: Do I stand alone in Resigning Rozier
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 06:30:00 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I’d like to keep him, but I think there are legitimate concerns regarding a) his verbally expressed desire and expectation to be a starter in this league and b) some team getting desperate and throwing $20m+ per year at him.

Regardless, we should keep him for the duration of this season and go all in on winning
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 06:37:28 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Why are you going to pay a backup guard that much money?

It's nuts considering you already just resigned Smart & presuming you resign Kyrie.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 06:46:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
You’re alone

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 06:54:03 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

It's nuts considering you already just resigned Smart & presuming you resign Kyrie.

I want to pay him enough to keep him but not too much. Would anyone oppose the exact same contract smart just got? 4 years 52 million for Rozier I'd jump for joy.

Tell Rozier Irving misses almost 25% of his career games. So plenty of chances to start.

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 07:12:52 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!

I want to pay him enough to keep him but not too much. Would anyone oppose the exact same contract smart just got? 4 years 52 million for Rozier I'd jump for joy.

Tell Rozier Irving misses almost 25% of his career games. So plenty of chances to start.

Highly doubtful Scary Terry gets a contract like that lol He has higher potential than Smart and teams will have much more cap space this summer. He'll get anywhere from $15-20 million a year.

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 07:46:33 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Not at all KGLL. I love Rozier and think DA and Brad do, too. I’ve been saying it a lot lately, but re-signing Smart gave us another trade chip for the future. If Rozier outperforms Smart this year, I could see a scenario where we re-sign Terry and trade Smart to a team with cap space.

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 09:23:19 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I'd love to keep him but eventually some of the bench has got to go at these prices.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 09:45:50 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Not at all KGLL. I love Rozier and think DA and Brad do, too. I’ve been saying it a lot lately, but re-signing Smart gave us another trade chip for the future. If Rozier outperforms Smart this year, I could see a scenario where we re-sign Terry and trade Smart to a team with cap space.

TP Jambr

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 12:35:03 AM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Mixed feelings...glad he was with us to carry a huge load when Kyrie went down last year.  He showed that he could thrive in that pressure.

...but, will he be satisfied being a back up guard for MANY years to come with Kyrie resigning?  Somehow, I don't think so...I expect that he will be desired by many teams in the next off season.

As for the luxury tax...I'd try to get under it this year because from next year on, we're going to be over the cap for sure! :)

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 01:12:09 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I have no problem paying him that, in a vacuum I think most fans just want to keep talent. But ownership probably isnt paying Kyrie 35+, Smart 13+ and Rozier 15+. Its not that they are cheap, its that theres only so much money and so many guard minutes. Then again, maybe Smart gets shipped out next summer in a Davis deal (to make the money work) and we keep Rozier as our super sixth man.

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2018, 02:47:56 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2018, 03:25:40 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
He gone bro, he gone.

He had some flashes last season, but Game 7 of the ECF did him in. That was a game/closer where Kyrie was needed, badly.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2018, 06:56:42 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
aweful lonely to be you bro

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2018, 09:33:19 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Just remember to double and eventually triple the money you pay him.  So the answer is no, can’t keep him.  And I know people want to say, it’s not my money.  But there is a limit.  Keeping rozier would eventually lead to money saving moves somewhere else.