Author Topic: Kyrie has spoken to Anthony Davis about joining him in BOS  (Read 4689 times)

Re: Kyrie has spoken to Anthony Davis about joining him in BOS
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 02:45:19 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I just posted this link in Kyrie is staying thread.

It is interesting....

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 02:45:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
right on

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 02:48:11 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
How is going to be the question..lot of moves got to b involve
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 03:40:21 PM »

Offline Ohkay13

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
It would have to be in the summer right? There is some type of rule that makes it impossible to trade for two players with a certain type of contract and Kyrie is one of them.

Something like Gordon Hayward, Jaylen Brown, and the Kings Pick if it’s top 5 might work for both sides.

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 03:47:25 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Wow i didn’t expect this.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 04:06:54 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 04:16:23 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
It would have to be in the summer right? There is some type of rule that makes it impossible to trade for two players with a certain type of contract and Kyrie is one of them.

Something like Gordon Hayward, Jaylen Brown, and the Kings Pick if it’s top 5 might work for both sides.

I would not give up 2 out of 3 wings.  I would start with an offer of Horford, Rozier, Kings pick (maybe even Grizzlies pick), and try to hold on to our wings for dear life. Ha

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 04:19:51 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I would not give up 2 out of 3 wings.  I would start with an offer of Horford, Rozier, Kings pick (maybe even Grizzlies pick), and try to hold on to our wings for dear life. Ha
unless AD has NO over a barrel in a trade demand, I can't see NO not requiring Brown and/or Tatum in a deal.  Any move to get AD will cost dearly.

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 04:27:20 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

unless AD has NO over a barrel in a trade demand, I can't see NO not requiring Brown and/or Tatum in a deal.  Any move to get AD will cost dearly.

I love Brown, but at the cost of AD, I would gladly give up Brown, Rozier, one of Kings or Grizzlies pick, and any sweetners... He's an absolute monster. Tatum, Kyrie, and AD both under 27 as our big 3? Oh lawd.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 04:56:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I would have no problem trading Hayward, Williams and 3 of next year's picks, if we get 3, for Davis.

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 05:16:35 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I love Brown, but at the cost of AD, I would gladly give up Brown, Rozier, one of Kings or Grizzlies pick, and any sweetners... He's an absolute monster. Tatum, Kyrie, and AD both under 27 as our big 3? Oh lawd.

I hear ya but I’d hate to lose Brown’s 2 way potential.

Horford and Davis would play pretty well together, but not an ideal fit IMO that’s why I’d like to include Horford in a proposed trade to give up less assets elsewhere.  Both Horford and Davis are probably more of a PF player who plays C. 

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2018, 05:17:44 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Can't sign everyone.  I'm good with what they have. I'd also be shocked if Davis wasn't on the West Coast, most likely with LeBron at some point.

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2018, 05:30:18 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Why does everyone try to put Davis on a West coast team especially the Lakers?  NOP can give him a SuperMax offer which I don't think anyone has turned down.  If he does go elsewhere, AD is a Chicago boy so I'd think the Bulls would have a good shot at him. 

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2018, 05:39:30 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Sure Davis would be great to have, but stop and think for a moment.  Trade for him next summer and give up a bunch of assets for what?  A 1 year rental?  Same for Leonard and the same for Butler.  You would have to be insane to trade much for a 1 year rental.  I may proved to be wrong but I think Toronto was crazy unless they just wanted to dump the salary.

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2018, 05:46:22 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
At this point, a Hayward trade is pretty much out of the question given his injury history. Maybe in a year after he is near 100%.

You'd get pennies on the dollar if you did it now.