Author Topic: Kyrie is Staying if he wants a 5 year Deal LoL  (Read 8827 times)

Kyrie is Staying if he wants a 5 year Deal LoL
« on: September 29, 2018, 07:25:23 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Rozier tweeted something like Pay me now or it's gonna cost you double. For example if we can lock up Terry for 5 years 70 million is there anyone that would really pay Kyrie 5 years at 200 million plus?

I think Kyrie would be making 43 million per Year by the end of his contract. He's missed about 25% of his career games. Just can't see Danny doing this although Wyc probably wants to.

If Rozier will agree to a contract similar to what I've proposed look for Irving to be gone by the deadline just a prediction in my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 01:12:51 PM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Kyrie is gone if he wants a 5 year Max Deal
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 07:28:20 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
At this moment in time, yes, I would absolutely 100% give Kyrie a 5 year max contract if that is what it required to re-sign him.  He's worth it.

But, that's not an option at this moment in time, so we'll see if that still proves true this summer when he will have that option available to him.

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 07:29:53 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

Rozier tweeted something like Pay me now or it's gonna cost you double. For example if we can lock up Terry for 5 years 70 million is there anyone that would really pay Kyrie 5 years at 200 million plus?

I think Kyrie would be making 43 million per Year by the end of his contract. He's missed about 25% of his career games. Just can't see Danny doing this although Wyc probably wants to.

If Rozier will agree to a contract similar to what I've proposed look for Irving to be gone by the deadline just a prediction in my opinion.

It depends on what Rozier does this year. If he makes the all star game, I'd agree with you.

Otherwise, I think you have to pay your most talented player if you're trying to contend. Unless, of course, you can move Kyrie for someone better like Curry or Westbrook (yes, I think he's better than Kyrie).

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 07:35:28 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I guess we’ll see what happens this year.

I’ve been pro-Terry, but it’s hard to forget game 7 against Cleveland. Kyrie would have put us over the top in that game.

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 07:42:42 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I guess we’ll see what happens this year.

I’ve been pro-Terry, but it’s hard to forget game 7 against Cleveland. Kyrie would have put us over the top in that game.

Game 7 against Cleveland was a case of attrition TROZ had no legs. He suffered the most from the injury to Larkin.

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 07:45:47 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930

It depends on what Rozier does this year. If he makes the all star game, I'd agree with you.

Otherwise, I think you have to pay your most talented player if you're trying to contend. Unless, of course, you can move Kyrie for someone better like Curry or Westbrook (yes, I think he's better than Kyrie).

Wait, wait, wait... are you talking about *Rozier* making the All Star Game? Surely you jest.

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 08:16:33 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

If he makes the All-Star game he’ll demand a helluva lot more than $70m/5 though. Because All-Stars are mostly on max / near max money.

Also really got a kick out of Westbrook being better than Kyrie, thanks
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 08:32:08 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Hasn't Rozier learned anything from Isaiah Thomas? Keep demanding the brinks truck and you'll get shipped out lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 08:46:59 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Hard to tell if you're joking here...
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2018, 08:54:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Hard to tell if you're joking here...
In a vacuum, he probably is. But he’d be a complete disaster for us, and is older
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 09:15:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I would put all my TPs on the line that at the earliest possible date the Celtics will announced they signed Kyrie to a 5 year Max deal. It's gonna happen.

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2018, 09:35:53 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

Wait, wait, wait... are you talking about *Rozier* making the All Star Game? Surely you jest.

I agree with the OP if Rozier makes the All Star team.

I don't think he will.

Let me re-phrase: I think Kyrie is a better basketball player than Westbrook. I don't think it's far-fetched to think that you would get more production out of Westbrook in a season than Kyrie.

I really hope Kyrie can put in a healthy year (70+ games plus healthy for every playoff game).

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 10:04:53 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I need to see how things shake out for this year. How many games does Kyrie actually play, how does the team do under him etc. This is an important year for the C's and KI.

As for Rozier, as confident as he looks and how good he can play... at times, I'm not convinced he should be given the keys to this current Celtic's team. I need this year to see more.

Now if it meant AD coming here, well that would be a different story. 

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 01:44:27 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Below starter salary (15 mil per) for TRoz just won't work.
I see him getting 80 for 4 years on a couple of teams.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 01:51:44 AM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Kyrie ain't taking the five year.  Dude, is not going to leave money on the table.  He stands to make more if he has an early opt out.  Right now he is going into his 8th season. So he will be getting the 30% max of 2019. If he decides to keep his financial flexibility, he will opt out so he can get the 10 year veteran 35% maximum contract, which boosts is yearly salary by 5% of the cap (that should also be higher than the 2019 cap).  So he stands to make a lot more by opting out after the second year in a new 3yr 106M the Celtics could offer him in July of 2019.