Author Topic: 2017-18 Boston Bruins Season...  (Read 67489 times)

Re: 2017-18 Boston Bruins Season...
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2018, 02:53:59 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No need to panic. The team has been playing quite well, and Nash has fit in very well.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2018, 03:21:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Bruins are going to win the cup this season....book it

They have a roster built to win the cup

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2018, 03:22:24 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Sucks that the injury to Bergeron might cost him MVP.
Bergeron had zero chance to win the MVP regardless. There has never been an MVP winner in recent history that has ranked so low in points. Kucherov is getting this one, and it's not going to be close.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2018, 10:00:28 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Sloppy defensive game tonight, but Marchand made sure they got two points. Hat trick.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2018, 10:15:34 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Brad Marchand lives for OT.  Clutch.

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2018, 01:41:51 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Brad Marchand lives for OT.  Clutch.

That makes 5 overtime winners this season, which is awesome. Great to Bergeron back as well and getting a couple of assists, and great to see Pasternak reach 30 goals.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2018, 10:50:03 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The game before against the Stars where Pastrnak scored the game winner with just 11 seconds left was pretty awesome too. This team loves coming back in third periods and put up 3 unanswered goals in the 3rd that night to win 3-2.

They simply are the best team in hockey

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2018, 11:20:42 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Tough, gritty team. Just the way I want my Bruins!

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2018, 12:12:55 PM »

• Satch Sanders
The game before against the Stars where Pastrnak scored the game winner with just 11 seconds left was pretty awesome too. This team loves coming back in third periods and put up 3 unanswered goals in the 3rd that night to win 3-2.

They simply are the best team in hockey

I love the line of Marchand-Bergeron-Pasternak, which may be the best in the NHL.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2018, 07:58:56 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The Bruins can take over first in the East tonight.  They're up 2-0 on the first place Lightning heading into the 2nd period.

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2018, 01:03:35 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I don't watch hockey and all but I hear they were doing a choke job and are now going to face the Maple Leafs in the playoffs? And everyone is fearful of the Leafs.  ???

But go Bruins!!  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 01:07:14 AM »

• Satch Sanders
I don't watch hockey and all but I hear they were doing a choke job and are now going to face the Maple Leafs in the playoffs? And everyone is fearful of the Leafs.  ???

The Bruins did struggle a little bit down the home stretch, but still ended up a strong No. 2 seed. And though the Leafs won the season series 3-1, the Bruins should beat them in a playoff series.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2018, 08:11:32 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

But go Bruins!!  ;D

Eh. The Bs played spectacular hockey to catch Tampa in the last week, before falling back to the second seed. They lost to a decent Florida team; it was a rough game, but I wouldn’t call it a choke job.

I’m quite proud of the way they’ve played despite being decimated by injuries.

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2018, 11:59:52 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

But go Bruins!!  ;D

Eh. The Bs played spectacular hockey to catch Tampa in the last week, before falling back to the second seed. They lost to a decent Florida team; it was a rough game, but I wouldn’t call it a choke job.

I’m quite proud of the way they’ve played despite being decimated by injuries.

Yeah, it sucks that they lost last night since I really, really wanted them to play an "easier" Devils team than Maple Leafs in the 1st round.

That said, they've been dealing with injuries for a bit and the schedule overall has been rough for them the past 3 or so weeks.

And I'm at least encouraged they played exceptionally in the 3rd period. Of course, I'm upset they couldn't replicate that earlier in the game, but at least it shows they are capable of turning it on still. Unfortunately they just blew so many close chances in the 3rd (like Pastrnak's tip being just an inch away from the net and Krejci also missing a deflection on net). If one of those bounces our way it could have been a different outcome. Oh well.

I still think we beat TOR in 6 games but we'll have to play better than we have recently. Should be a physical series so I also hope we can stay relatively healthy throughout.

I'm also glad that Game 2 is on NBC, since my TV package is basic and doesn't carry NESN and NBCSN lol (so I could watch on TV instead of having to watch online streams).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2018, 03:34:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Game 1 tonight!  ;D

And boy, Philly got blasted yesterday. 7-0 loss to PIT  :o
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller