Author Topic: Kaman to play for Germany ?!?  (Read 5903 times)

Re: Kaman to play for Germany ?!?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 02:43:28 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Isn't there a law in Germany granting automatic citizenship to descendents of holocaust victims?

I wonder if this applies to this situation?

Re: Kaman to play for Germany ?!?
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 03:09:59 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Herzlich willkommen, Chris

I`m so giddy. Dirk and Kaman will give Germany one of the best big men duos in the world. We could still use a wing player...Budinger sounds german   ;D

Over the last 50 years, Germany became a country with many citizens from other countries all over the world, and we also lost some good athletes to these countries, although they were born and raised here. I can understand if people donīt like the fact that these athletes play for a country where they canīt understand their teammates (although probably everyone in Germany speaks a bit english), but I would never hold a grudge against someone who wants to participate in the Olympics. Say what you want, but the Olympics are still the #1 sport event in the world, an athlete`s dream...and the parties are legendary. Just to be there is an honor and a special experience.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.