Author Topic: Shams: Porzingis to Boston?  (Read 79939 times)

Re: We are in on Porzingis?
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2023, 05:04:49 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
LA needs to send out some salary.  I'd love to see us pick up BJ Boston as a cheap prospect.

Still remember that game, huh?

« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2023, 05:05:09 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
Not to get ahead of ourselves but if we sign up for a Brogdon trade which is only natural because he's our most tradable contract, we're going to really need to replace him or actually play Pritchard.

We'll go from it being a strength to a paltry backcourt of just Smart and White, neither of which are very good at creating offense for themselves or others. That suddenly becomes a priority.

The good news is finding a bench scorer is probably an easier thing to do than a guy like Zinger.

I like sticking with Smart & D White and playing bigger. Play two bigs. Play wings. Move away from the small backcourts.

So I wouldn't play Pritchard. I would still trade Pritchard.

Re: Shams: Porzingis to Boston?
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2023, 05:05:38 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Now sign and trade grant for a wing player.

Do the Celtics trade PP and the 35th pick to get into the first round?

Grant s&t for Reggie Bullock and Josh Green. Big wings, shooters. Bullock good defender

« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2023, 05:05:59 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Grant is a goner cos of the tax bill, keeping him required the c's to get off money, they are picking up money, they might have an taxpayer MLE exception to offer. 5 mill

« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2023, 05:06:05 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 490
The Celtics will still need some shooting and depth after this deal.  I still hope they can add an additional draft pick tomorrow and bring on some youth.  Take a swing on a few high ceiling players.  This definitely balances out the lineup and provides the J's with some major protection.  Having a big who can space the floor and score will open things up for them so much more.  No one was really afraid of Al and the length they will have from 1 - 5 will be tough on any team.  The bench needs scoring to replace Gallo.  Muscala will most likely get the 1st crack at it.  PP should get his chance to shine now as well.  They definitely need a SF bench piece.  Hopefully a ring chasing vet will take the Tax Payer MLE after they let Grant go. 

« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2023, 05:06:22 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 381
We still need a Head Coach.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2023, 05:06:25 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Sources: Wizards, Celtics and Clippers are in strong talks on a trade that would send Kristaps Porzingis to Boston, Marcus Morris and draft compensation to Washington and Malcolm Brogdon to Los Angeles. Sides are still working through details and Porzingis’ $36M player option.

Ooh, Brogdon would be nice on the Clippers. Especially if they can bring back Westbrook or sign CP3 to be their starting PG. Then use Brogdon as a 6th man like we did.

« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2023, 05:07:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25599
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
about 6 minutes ago
According to multiple league sources, the completion of the Porzingis deal would likely mean that Grant Williams's time in Boston has come to an end.

So, it would net out to KP for Brogdon + Gallo + Williams?

I’m pretty sure the Celtics will still give Grant his qualifying offer.  He’s not walking for nothing.

We may not have a huge choice, right?  KP adds about $7 - $8 million to payroll, right?  Can we realistically afford to match?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2023, 05:07:56 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 887
about 6 minutes ago
According to multiple league sources, the completion of the Porzingis deal would likely mean that Grant Williams's time in Boston has come to an end.

I’m pretty sure the Celtics will still give Grant his qualifying offer.  He’s not walking for nothing.

Yes, there will still be options with Grant.  I saw this:

Qualifying Offer increased from $6,235,495 to $8,486,620 due to Starter Criteria being met

So the QO is up to $8.5M. 

« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2023, 05:08:02 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Okay, so money wise I think a Brogdon+Gallo package would work money wise. Lets assume those two are shipped to a third team for assets that are flipped for KP.

At that price the deal makes SOME sense. KP opts in for next year at 36 million and becomes an expiring. Celtics get more expensive for NEXT year but get off the 22 million for Brogdon in 24-25, when Jaylen's extension kicks in and they become FAR more expensive. Its sort of a 1 year gamble on a guy who will still be only 28 next year. Unlike a guy like Ayton, KP is a good enough shooter that you can probably play any two of Horford/Rob/KP at a given time so having too many center isn't AS big a deal.

If all you give up is Brogdon+ other small asset or equivalent I'd like it. It simplifies the Celtics contract situation going forward and really beefs up the center position.

Remember, most of the reason the C's want to trade Brogdon is they don't want the extra year of his deal on the books when Jaylens contract kicks in. Shifting that to a guy essentially on an expiring makes sense.

That is shocking to me that this is why they want to trade Brogdon. I worry they are too worried about the financial situation if this is accurate.

« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2023, 05:09:02 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
I think the issues to work out are the Wiz hoping for a better offer that Zinger would agree to. I think they leaked it.

« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2023, 05:09:23 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 378
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
·
28s
ESPN Sources: The Celtics are working on a trade to acquire the Wizards’ Kristaps Porzingis in a three-team deal that sends Malcolm Brogdon to Clippers. LA is sending Marcus Morris, Amir Coffey and 30th pick to Washington. Sides still have more work to do an agreement.

Woj finally woke up, lol.

I called it in Amir Coffey.  Only question left is if we’re sending Gallo or Muscala + Kornet:

Most likely the deal would be:

Wizards get:
Morris
Gallo
Amir Coffey

Clippers get:
Brogdan

Celtics get:
Porzingis

I assume Kornet + Champagnie doesn't work?
If my math is correct that doesn’t work but would work, barely, with Hauser as well.

« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2023, 05:09:25 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I like KP SOOOOOOO much more than that Ayton rumor. Actually legit shooter. Defensive impact much higher.
I prefer Ayton myself. Porzingis has more talent but very high injury risk. I am comfortable with Ayton. More dependable.

« Reply #163 on: June 21, 2023, 05:10:09 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 570
about 6 minutes ago

We may not have a huge choice, right?  KP adds about $7 - $8 million to payroll, right?  Can we realistically afford to match?

Yes. KP adds about 7 million over Brogdon/Galo, but Al's salary reduces from 26 to 10 next year. I haven't done the math, there's some number at which matching grant would put the c's over the 2nd apron but I think most reasonable even high end projections for him would be contracts the c's could match and stay7 under the 2nd apron.

« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2023, 05:10:18 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25599
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Offer Chris Paul the TMLE.

Timelord / Horford
KP / (Gallo or Muscula)
Tatum / Hauser
Brown / White
CP3 / Smart

A man can dream.  So can the team doctors.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes