Author Topic: Tatum bulking?  (Read 8092 times)

Re: Tatum bulking?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2019, 06:13:14 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I would love if that was the case... he'd essentially be Giannis with a jump shot... that's unstoppable

I think some people fail to realize how big Giannis actually is. Tatum is around 6’8 205-215 lbs with a 6’11” wingspan. Giannis roughy 6’10-6’11” 240+ with at least a 7’3” wingspan.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2019, 06:15:40 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
fruity pebbles... processed sugars... great for athletes

Depends. All the time, no, but if he was in the middle of a double work out. The sugar helps get through the second work out. When Joe Rogan did his Sober October challenge he did 5 hours on the elliptical, while he was on it he ate a box of animal crakers, and a 2 leader of Cream Soda. He often says that eating a candy bar right before a big work out is good. But not some thing you want to do after because they are instant carbs.

He said during the month of the challenge he was eating what ever he wanted because he was working out so much and he lost weight, and he's 50, not a 20 year old kid with a young metabolism.

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2019, 08:15:55 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
like I have posted over and over again.... Tatum needs go go on the Giannis weight training program.

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2019, 08:38:52 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
I remember when Jaylen Brown was a rookie and he made some videos about how he was traning for the upcoming season.   He had some crazy strict nutritional program.  Hopefully it was a cheat day for Tatum because I frequently hear about the stars who are able to play great for years attributing it to their strict diet.  When Ray Allen was her he talked about his crazy strict diet.  Lebron is on a crazy strict diet.   I live in Dallas and was listening to an interview with Dirk about his retirement and when asked what was the best part he said it was eating icecream.  His diet was  so serious he didn't eat things like that his whole career not even in the off season.  He said he made a choice at the start of his career to take his preparation seriously.   He also talked about his work out routine which was pretty crazy.  My point is that the great players are serious about their training all the time and have been from the beginning.   Jaylen Brown is not as talented as Tatum but he has always said he wants to be a great player and he is following the example of the stars who committed to good nutrition from the start.   

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 08:52:52 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I remember when Jaylen Brown was a rookie and he made some videos about how he was traning for the upcoming season.   He had some crazy strict nutritional program.  Hopefully it was a cheat day for Tatum because I frequently hear about the stars who are able to play great for years attributing it to their strict diet.  When Ray Allen was her he talked about his crazy strict diet.  Lebron is on a crazy strict diet.   I live in Dallas and was listening to an interview with Dirk about his retirement and when asked what was the best part he said it was eating icecream.  His diet was  so serious he didn't eat things like that his whole career not even in the off season.  He said he made a choice at the start of his career to take his preparation seriously.   He also talked about his work out routine which was pretty crazy.  My point is that the great players are serious about their training all the time and have been from the beginning.   Jaylen Brown is not as talented as Tatum but he has always said he wants to be a great player and he is following the example of the stars who committed to good nutrition from the start.

JB's chef posts a lot about what he cooks for him, he is also cooks for Smart. JB is mainly a vegan but will eat meat during the basketball season for energy (i forgot the specifics). I am happy every time I see what Smart will be eating because since he linked up with the chef he's kept the excess weight off.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2019, 11:16:13 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 121
I think Danny Ainge made a comment one point that Tatum has been working really hard in the offseason and working to add muscle?  I could be going crazy, but I'm sure he or Brad said something to that nature in one of their offseason interviews.

I'm not too worried about Tatum's build.  Take a look at Giannis and Dwight Howard when they first came in to the league as rookies, and then look at them now. 

Tatum is thin, but he is extremely cut and has a broad / solid frame that seems like it would support bulkign up.  If he could get up to around 220 or 225 at his current body fat percentage he'd be a bit of a beast.

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2019, 11:27:50 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

JB's chef posts a lot about what he cooks for him, he is also cooks for Smart. JB is mainly a vegan but will eat meat during the basketball season for energy (i forgot the specifics). I am happy every time I see what Smart will be eating because since he linked up with the chef he's kept the excess weight off.
I remember the days of 230lb Smart. Playing PF and stopping Tristan Thompson, lol.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2019, 01:33:02 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Young athletes generally eat like young children. 

fruity pebbles... processed sugars. yeah sounds about right.

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2019, 07:18:23 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
I would love if that was the case... he'd essentially be Giannis with a jump shot... that's unstoppable

I think some people fail to realize how big Giannis actually is. Tatum is around 6’8 205-215 lbs with a 6’11” wingspan. Giannis roughy 6’10-6’11” 240+ with at least a 7’3” wingspan.

If you check Giannis' draft profile you'll realize he also entered the league at 205lbs. Yes he's two inches shorter and have a shorter wingspan, but the ability to drive and finish is not purely dependent on size... Kyrie, IT were excellent finishers around the rim. If he bulks up to absorb contact he'd be a beast.

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2019, 08:18:29 AM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
I certainly would like to see tatum add 10-20 pounds of muscle over the next few years.  I'm not sure he ever gets to giannis or karl malone, but if he can add some strength to fight in the trenches on D and finish all the way to the basket on O, with his moves and outside shooting he will take that next step to top 5 at the PF spot in the league.  Basically change about half of the midrange jumpers to Free throw attempts and layups.  That will add 4-6 points per game right there.  Now add a few rebounds on both side of the ball and I can see him get to 22, 8r, 4 assists with around 40% from three...

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2019, 09:27:17 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Are there any updates of how Tatum is training rn? The most recent video of him playing with kids in his camp doesn't really show much added muscle, if at all.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2019, 09:28:53 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Couldn't sleep last night, up worried about whether Tatum was hitting his macros.

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2019, 10:31:47 AM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
Are there any updates of how Tatum is training rn? The most recent video of him playing with kids in his camp doesn't really show much added muscle, if at all.

He's working with Hanlen again this offseason.  Just posted some pictures going 1 on 1 with Beal.

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2019, 11:38:55 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

He's working with Hanlen again this offseason.  Just posted some pictures going 1 on 1 with Beal.
Does he look like he put on some weight lol
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2019, 11:42:42 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
i need reading glasses

i just goanced at the title

thought it said Biking .....LOL. 

im losing my brain as well as my sight   ;D