Author Topic: Tatum bulking?  (Read 8173 times)

Tatum bulking?
« on: July 18, 2019, 01:53:15 PM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
I just saw on Tatum's instagram story from last night and this morning and both were posts of what he's eating.  The first looked like a plate full of soul food, and this morning for breakfast he had a plate with eggs and bacon and some french toast covered in fruity pebbles.

It's possible he's just taking a small amount of time off from dieting and nutrition to relax.  Remember he's had a long first two seasons for a 2 year pro.  Maybe he's been given the goal of trying to put on more weight for the upcoming season though as well.

Re: Tatum bulking?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 02:01:13 PM »

Offline DrinkinCelticKool-Aid

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 36
Hopefully he is attempting to bulk up. Maybe he is is planning on driving to the rim, instead of settling for a pull up, Kobe-esque jumper this year. Eat man eat!!!

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 02:10:28 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Fruity Pebbles on pancakes? I’m pretty horrified.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 02:17:12 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
I would love if that was the case... he'd essentially be Giannis with a jump shot... that's unstoppable

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 02:29:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
When my kids were 18-22 years old they ate everything in sight because the were athletic, in great shape and had a metabolism that was off the charts high. All this just seems like normal everyday eating habits for a kid that age.

I am guessing Tatum's body burns through calories and carbs like it's nobody's business. I think he would need to be eating way more stuff to be considered bulking up.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 03:44:16 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 02:47:58 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Maybe I need to see the amount of food, but those meals sound normal to me. When I was his age and playing basketball a few hours a day, I would need to eat double what you mentioned just to maintain my weight. I couldn't even imagine the amount of food I would have needed to eat to gain weight at that time.

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 02:48:48 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Glad to hear what Tatum ate for breakfast this morning

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 03:05:23 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
I would love if that was the case... he'd essentially be Giannis with a jump shot... that's unstoppable
That's overstating things by quite a bit. Giannis is a lot longer and more athletic than Tatum. Tatum could bulk up, but he'll never be as tall, long or athletic as Giannis.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 03:38:13 PM by bellerephon »

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 03:12:08 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I just saw on Tatum's instagram story from last night and this morning and both were posts of what he's eating.  The first looked like a plate full of soul food, and this morning for breakfast he had a plate with eggs and bacon and some french toast covered in fruity pebbles.

It's possible he's just taking a small amount of time off from dieting and nutrition to relax.  Remember he's had a long first two seasons for a 2 year pro.  Maybe he's been given the goal of trying to put on more weight for the upcoming season though as well.

Please take this in the best way possible,  but if you are analyzing Tatums diet based off Instagram posts it may he time to take up a hobby of some sort.

Come to think of it, we could all probably use a time out.

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2019, 04:04:51 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Um, wow.  But okay.

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2019, 04:10:19 PM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34

Please take this in the best way possible,  but if you are analyzing Tatums diet based off Instagram posts it may he time to take up a hobby of some sort.

I don't sit there and analyze his diet based off Instagram.  This could be said about anybody who has ever signed up on an internet forum about a sports team.  It's the off season.  There have been discussions in the past about Tatum needing to put on weight, and this is merely an indication of that potentially.  It's called having a discussion.  Look at my join date and how many posts I have... I hardly mouth breath reading these forums and formulating responses to topics as I sweat in an apartment with a wife beater on.

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2019, 04:11:03 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
fruity pebbles... processed sugars... great for athletes

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2019, 05:09:44 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

I don't sit there and analyze his diet based off Instagram. 
This could be said about anybody who has ever signed up on an internet forum about a sports team.  It's the off season.  There have been discussions in the past about Tatum needing to put on weight, and this is merely an indication of that potentially.  It's called having a discussion.  Look at my join date and how many posts I have... I hardly mouth breath reading these forums and formulating responses to topics as I sweat in an apartment with a wife beater on.

Yet that's exactly what you did. In either case I meant no disrespect. Just calling attention to how crazy every fan is.

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2019, 05:34:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I just want Tatum to be the 2017-18 Tatum...free from Kobe's influence....just the gifted athlete and skilled player that showed us SO MUCH promise...

To go into detail - take Kobe's FIRE...his DETERMINATION...his CLUTCHNESS...but you don't need to learn his fadeaways or his jumpshot form...

Just do YOU...his game is beautiful (IMO) all its own....a little bit of Gervin and some Pierce.

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2019, 05:58:22 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I don't know if it's any indication but this is Tatum's first offseason of going pretty much ghost! He and people on his team use to put out video and pictures galore but this offseason there is nothing! He doesn't even get into his vacation photos and videos, the few I have seen anyway. He seems to be hiding intentionally, so maybe it's because he wants to reveal a new body for next season.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)