Pick for Love?

Yes
38 (55.1%)
No
25 (36.2%)
I plead the fifth
6 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Trade for Love ideas (merged)  (Read 51931 times)

Re: Trade for Love ideas (merged)
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2014, 03:42:22 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
If its a top 4 pick, I say no, only because the overall package we'd have to give up would be quite high, and Love is largely a one-way player (unlike KG). For KG, yes, you give up everything without hesitation because he can dominate on both ends, but that's not the case for Love.

Its impossible for the Celtics to get the fourth pick.

If it's top 3 Celtics shouldnt have to offer much more than filler to the T-Wolves to have it be an acceptable offer. They might even get to keep Sullinger in the deal.

Imagine landing Love (and Shved) For Green/Olynyk/Bogans + a top 3 pick?

We would still have plenty of assets to trade for the next piece of the new big 3. Rondo/Love/Hibbert? Rondo/Love/Deng? (Whatever third piece we get it better be ultra good at defense to compensate for Love)

« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2014, 03:48:22 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Lakers are 100% assured of getting a top 3 pick because they are the most famous franchise in the NBA. The Celtics have more titles but in terms of prestige to players and fans they are below the Lakers Knicks and Miami (yes Miami while LeBron is there at least) and on par with others. Why I mention this is because of one simple fact. Kevin Love, a home grown kid from LA wants to play for the Lakers and is a year away from Free Agency. I'll say this again...Kevin Love wants to play for the Lakers (maybe the Knicks too) and is a year away from Free Agency. What would possess any of you to be on board with a Love deal that would give Minnesota our future superstar for one year of Kevin Love!!!

I've watched a lot of Sota games. He really isn't as good as his stat line shows night in and night out. His compete level is laughable and he plays like a Laker. Fans that like Kevin Love will turn on him once he comes in shows lack of hustle.

Literally nothing accurate in this post - at all.

Curious how you think a player becomes an elite scorer and rebounder and doesn't hustle?

This post is a TOTAL and wild mischaracterization of Love's ability, and an assumption-laden post contradicted by Love's own words about his intentions.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2014, 04:08:26 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
If its a top 4 pick, I say no, only because the overall package we'd have to give up would be quite high, and Love is largely a one-way player (unlike KG). For KG, yes, you give up everything without hesitation because he can dominate on both ends, but that's not the case for Love.

Its impossible for the Celtics to get the fourth pick.

If it's top 3 Celtics shouldnt have to offer much more than filler to the T-Wolves to have it be an acceptable offer. They might even get to keep Sullinger in the deal.

Imagine landing Love (and Shved) For Green/Olynyk/Bogans + a top 3 pick?

We would still have plenty of assets to trade for the next piece of the new big 3. Rondo/Love/Hibbert? Rondo/Love/Deng? (Whatever third piece we get it better be ultra good at defense to compensate for Love)

Acquiring a top three pick is probably the wolves best way of getting a franchise player for love. The extension aspect of all this kills a lot of their leverage. The longer they wait, the worst it is. The media aspect of all this will hurt minny too. It's a relatively young team and the distraction will be difficult for them.

I think minny moves him before the start of next season.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2014, 04:17:41 PM »

Offline Global Celtic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 84
Wolves definitely say no.

The crucial part is... Rondo accepting Minnesota. But Rubio would be better for Brad Stevens' offense, IMO.

« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2014, 04:22:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Considering their contracts, health and age... Rondo and Rubio is a wash.

That makes the rest of this trade fantasyland.

« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2014, 04:42:56 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I wouldn't do it.  Not top 3.  There's simply no guarantee he stays beyond next year , and that would be disastrous if he left.  5-8, yes.  But top 3, I wouldn't.

« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2014, 04:43:26 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Yeah but I guarantee whoever Minnesota picks will bust. Looking back at their picks the last 5 years it's really astonishing how many times theyve struck out drafting players. Love was the only home run they had, they should be a contender right now if they drafted right.

Also, thinking about it, I honestly dont think there is any way Love resigns here. I'd rather the Celtics go after Aldridge or M. Gasol who i think are equal/better players anyways.

« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2014, 04:46:50 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Yeah but I guarantee whoever Minnesota picks will bust. Looking back at their picks the last 5 years it's really astonishing how many times theyve struck out drafting players. Love was the only home run they had, they should be a contender right now if they drafted right.

Also, thinking about it, I honestly dont think there is any way Love resigns here. I'd rather the Celtics go after Aldridge or M. Gasol who i think are equal/better players anyways.

Much more unlikely to get either of them as theyre both content in their situation as opposed to Love who wants out of Minny...

« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2014, 04:47:28 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Hilarious.

« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2014, 04:48:21 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Wolves definitely say no.

The crucial part is... Rondo accepting Minnesota. But Rubio would be better for Brad Stevens' offense, IMO.

What makes him better?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2014, 04:54:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Hilarious.
Per-36
10.7 points, 9.6 assists, 4.7 rebounds, 2.6 steals, 38%/33%/80%
12.6 points, 10.6 assists, 5.1 rebounds, 1.4 steals, 40%/29%/63%

Rubio is 5 years younger, still on his rookie contract and not coming off major surgery. 

You'd give Rondo the edge, but it's pretty close.  Would Minny trade Rubio straight-up for Rondo ?  Probably not.

Would Minny trade Rubio + Love + a pick for Rondo... Heck no.

« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2014, 04:58:47 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Kahn's not the GM any longer, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2014, 05:02:00 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
No. I dont trade a top 3 pick for Love. Considering he doesn't play good defense and from what i have seen he isn't exactly a take over finisher like a guy like Dirk or Durant, or even Carmelo.

I still worry that he is a good numbers on bad teams guy, like Al Jefferson, albeit with range and passing.

I think Wiggins, Parker and Embiid can be just as impactful in a few years, as Kevin Love. Plus they come way cheaper. Love is going to need an 18-20 million per year extension immediately.

Meanwhile the rookies would cost about 5 million per year, allowing for more flexibility to add to the team.

If we are talking about the 5-6th pick, then yeah, sign me up. Gordon, a Randle, etc are not going to be top 10-15 players in the NBA like Love.

« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2014, 05:02:58 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Hilarious.
Per-36
10.7 points, 9.6 assists, 4.7 rebounds, 2.6 steals, 38%/33%/80%
12.6 points, 10.6 assists, 5.1 rebounds, 1.4 steals, 40%/29%/63%

Rubio is 5 years younger, still on his rookie contract and not coming off major surgery. 

You'd give Rondo the edge, but it's pretty close. 

It's not that close, and the gap will probably widen as Rondo gets farther from his surgery (you know, the one you kept saying was likely a career-ender?).

« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2014, 05:02:58 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I'd say Boston as the assets to get the attention on the Minn powers in charge .

Unlike CP3...... I think Kevin is maybe a little less likely to totally reject playing in Boston as CP3 .

He might not promise a extension right off ......but maybe a year with the program and he sees promise .

Frankly that's about how I see it going down.....IF we want an Elite player ..... We will have to pay out the rear end to get him here and then hope he stays .

Secondly , without Rondo ....there is little chance he stays or

Little chance Rondo stays without a star coming to Boston as well.

I say Wye and DA go for it.....pay the bill  ......bring in Asik or Gortat  and play ball.

I am glad you are not running the Celtics. For real!!!

How can you spend all that money and picks just for the hope that he re-ups with us. I am so glad you are not running the Celtics. :)