Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 418638 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #870 on: June 07, 2016, 03:40:03 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
To be true to their roots Arya should bleed out and die. To many people are coming back or surviving what should have been sure death. Kind of getting to Hollywood I prefer the unpredictable.
people don't die on the show without a purpose.  If arya died, her entire storyline would be a waste of time as it does nothing to push the core story forward.   She will live.

What I am most curious about is why her guard was so far down. She seemed to be prepared for the possibility of attack in the last episode, right? It seemed strange to be out in broad daylight knowing what she knows about the faceless men. Im really curious to see what happens, have any theories?
Thats what I'm saying... Her guard wouldn't be down.  So it was either really hacky directing or there's something more to that scene.  I've seen three whacky theories so far. 

1 -  "Arya" was actually Jacen with aryas face.  It was either a test of the Waif (he had told her to make it quick, but stabbing someone in the stomach to bleed out is slow and painful) or he was letting himself get killed, because he owed arya one final death.   That seems dumb.

2 -  Arya and the Waif are the same person and the entire thing is some fight club esque mind screw all part of arya's training to truly be "no one".   Also seems kinda dumb.

3 - Arya knows she's in danger and the whole thing was all part of a trap she is setting for the waif.  She specifically goes into town flaunting money in public to cause attention.  Then, she stands out in the open just waiting to be stabbed.  The theory goes, she knew how the waif would try to kill her so she strapped pigs blood pouches to her stomach (that's a stretch) and may have had assistance from the actress in staging it... Then, she leaves a trail of blood to lure the waif into an area where she can "Home Alone" her with various booby traps. 

Lol.  Should be interesting to see where it goes.
Oh there's another theory which basically seems to be that the first sword of Braavos, Syrio Forel and Jaquen are the same person.  Syrio was originally training Arya in Water Dancing back in Season 1 and was thought dead... but could very well be the same person as Jaquen... and the whole thing might be part of her training as a Water Dancer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/4mt5t8/spoilers_everything_a_water_dancer_has_completed/

"Seeing the truth" and having mercy might be part of her training.

« Reply #871 on: June 07, 2016, 11:35:43 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2947
To be true to their roots Arya should bleed out and die. To many people are coming back or surviving what should have been sure death. Kind of getting to Hollywood I prefer the unpredictable.
people don't die on the show without a purpose.  If arya died, her entire storyline would be a waste of time as it does nothing to push the core story forward.   She will live.

What I am most curious about is why her guard was so far down. She seemed to be prepared for the possibility of attack in the last episode, right? It seemed strange to be out in broad daylight knowing what she knows about the faceless men. Im really curious to see what happens, have any theories?
Thats what I'm saying... Her guard wouldn't be down.  So it was either really hacky directing or there's something more to that scene.  I've seen three whacky theories so far. 

1 -  "Arya" was actually Jacen with aryas face.  It was either a test of the Waif (he had told her to make it quick, but stabbing someone in the stomach to bleed out is slow and painful) or he was letting himself get killed, because he owed arya one final death.   That seems dumb.

2 -  Arya and the Waif are the same person and the entire thing is some fight club esque mind screw all part of arya's training to truly be "no one".   Also seems kinda dumb.

3 - Arya knows she's in danger and the whole thing was all part of a trap she is setting for the waif.  She specifically goes into town flaunting money in public to cause attention.  Then, she stands out in the open just waiting to be stabbed.  The theory goes, she knew how the waif would try to kill her so she strapped pigs blood pouches to her stomach (that's a stretch) and may have had assistance from the actress in staging it... Then, she leaves a trail of blood to lure the waif into an area where she can "Home Alone" her with various booby traps. 

Oh there's another theory which basically seems to be that the first sword of Braavos, Syrio Forel and Jaquen are the same person.  Syrio was originally training Arya in Water Dancing back in Season 1 and was thought dead... but could very well be the same person as Jaquen... and the whole thing might be part of her training as a Water Dancer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/4mt5t8/spoilers_everything_a_water_dancer_has_completed/

HA! I like that theory. Syrio did have this famous quote, too: "There is only one God, and his name is death. And what do we say to death? Not today!" That would be pretty cool if it was Jaqen the whole time.

« Reply #872 on: June 07, 2016, 11:41:02 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3955113?utm_source=fb-channel-fantasy-channel&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=brace-yourselves-game-of-thrones-fans-she-s-coming

Here's an argument that suggests that Lady Stoneheart will appear toward the end of this season. With Thoros of Myr and Dondarrion supposedly already being credited to show up sometime in season 6, I think it's very possible that we end up seeing Lady Stoneheart in this whole Riverrun fiasco. And with Brienne going to be at Riverrun with Jamie, I could very well see Lady Stoneheart executing both of them as she leads the Brotherhood without Banners against the Lannisters/Freys to help the Blackfish.

« Reply #873 on: June 07, 2016, 11:45:16 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

HA! I like that theory. Syrio did have this famous quote, too: "There is only one God, and his name is death. And what do we say to death? Not today!" That would be pretty cool if it was Jaqen the whole time.

Here's a link explaining those theories, too. I could honestly see any one of them actually being the truth, though I'm guessing the split personality storyline is the truth. I think it would make the most sense with the way the show has been trending.

http://www.viralshack.com/fan-theories-about-arya-stark-might-explain-broken-man/2/

« Reply #874 on: June 07, 2016, 11:50:40 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3955113?utm_source=fb-channel-fantasy-channel&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=brace-yourselves-game-of-thrones-fans-she-s-coming

Here's an argument that suggests that Lady Stoneheart will appear toward the end of this season. With Thoros of Myr and Dondarrion supposedly already being credited to show up sometime in season 6, I think it's very possible that we end up seeing Lady Stoneheart in this whole Riverrun fiasco. And with Brienne going to be at Riverrun with Jamie, I could very well see Lady Stoneheart executing both of them as she leads the Brotherhood without Banners against the Lannisters/Freys to help the Blackfish.
I had the Lady Stoneheart thing spoiled for me a couple years ago when I checked some Game of Thrones wiki and stumbled across it.

My guess is there's 4 main reasons they've avoided it in the show.

#1 - They didn't want to blow their resurrection wad early on a secondary character - they needed to maintain some semblance of "surprise" for Jon Snow's revival. 

#2 - They probably aren't too keen on having a wonderful actress like Michelle Fairley return coated in zombie makeup with no voice.  Though, I suppose they could do a book-to-show translation where the damage is less significant... kinda like how Tyrion is supposed to have no nose by now, but Dinklage just has a tiny scar.

#3 - From what I've heard, she's a relatively pointless side-character in the books that hasn't played a significant part in anything - yet.  So maybe they just don't want to sidetrack the story with something that isn't essential and undermines the drama and impact of one of the most shocking moments of the entire show (the red wedding). 

#4 - At some point, doesn't the constant resurrections just feel like a bit of a comicbook gimmick?  Yeah, I get it that it's a story where the main antagonists are literally undead ice zombies, but having characters like John Snow, Benjen and Lady Stoneheart all return from the dead - at some point wouldn't you just be like, "Man, let's just go back, duct tape Eddard's head back on his body and get Sean Bean back".  Maybe they want to avoid having too many resurrections.

« Reply #875 on: June 07, 2016, 12:36:23 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Here's a link explaining those theories, too. I could honestly see any one of them actually being the truth, though I'm guessing the split personality storyline is the truth. I think it would make the most sense with the way the show has been trending.

http://www.viralshack.com/fan-theories-about-arya-stark-might-explain-broken-man/2/
I could actually see it being option 3.  could have sworn Arya was moving towards the theater at the end.  pretty evident with Arya out in the open up to the stabbing that she was going to be attacked.  Looks too easy to have her attacked without having some followup either showing it was a ruse to fake death (which seems less likely with her roaming around again) or create a lure with her as a wounded animal type of target to be finished off (yet turn the tables on her attacker in a trap).

« Reply #876 on: June 07, 2016, 01:28:28 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
So, Daario tells Daenerys that she will need 1,000 ships to take her Dothraki horde across the Narrow sea.

Meanwhile, Theon and Yara steal 1,000 ships from Euron at the Iron Islands and are headed to strike a deal with Daenerys in Mereen.

Both groups used the phrase "a thousand ships" specifically, so it seems likely that they will be attempting to team up once (if) they reach Mereen. That seems like a very odd grouping, though - the Greyjoys and Daenerys.

I'm also really interested to see where the Hound's story takes him. The guy said "the gods have kept you alive for a reason," which is obviously a pretty big hint in this franchise that he's going to have a pretty major role the rest of the way. The Brotherhood without Banners doesn't seem like a big enough storyline for him to be involved in. I'm guessing it will involve Arya, Brienne, or the Mountain.
That was the basis of an entire theory about how Daario was Euron Greyjoy.  I stumbled across that yesterday:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crn_eg-1ekU

Obviously, that's out of the window now that they have shown Euron Greyjoy to be a totally different actor... but maybe it will be different in the books?

« Reply #877 on: June 07, 2016, 01:43:57 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
So, Daario tells Daenerys that she will need 1,000 ships to take her Dothraki horde across the Narrow sea.

Meanwhile, Theon and Yara steal 1,000 ships from Euron at the Iron Islands and are headed to strike a deal with Daenerys in Mereen.

Both groups used the phrase "a thousand ships" specifically, so it seems likely that they will be attempting to team up once (if) they reach Mereen. That seems like a very odd grouping, though - the Greyjoys and Daenerys.

I'm also really interested to see where the Hound's story takes him. The guy said "the gods have kept you alive for a reason," which is obviously a pretty big hint in this franchise that he's going to have a pretty major role the rest of the way. The Brotherhood without Banners doesn't seem like a big enough storyline for him to be involved in. I'm guessing it will involve Arya, Brienne, or the Mountain.
That was the basis of an entire theory about how Daario was Euron Greyjoy.  I stumbled across that yesterday:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crn_eg-1ekU

Obviously, that's out of the window now that they have shown Euron Greyjoy to be a totally different actor... but maybe it will be different in the books?

Did Daario leave Daenerys in the books, though? Because Euron was already at the Iron Islands and sent Victarion (I believe) with the ships to Mereen. But I thought in the books Daario was still with Daenerys the whole time until she was taken away by Drogon, making it impossible that they're the same person.

« Reply #878 on: June 08, 2016, 07:17:43 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup

I had the Lady Stoneheart thing spoiled for me a couple years ago when I checked some Game of Thrones wiki and stumbled across it.

My guess is there's 4 main reasons they've avoided it in the show.

#1 - They didn't want to blow their resurrection wad early on a secondary character - they needed to maintain some semblance of "surprise" for Jon Snow's revival. 

#2 - They probably aren't too keen on having a wonderful actress like Michelle Fairley return coated in zombie makeup with no voice.  Though, I suppose they could do a book-to-show translation where the damage is less significant... kinda like how Tyrion is supposed to have no nose by now, but Dinklage just has a tiny scar.

#3 - From what I've heard, she's a relatively pointless side-character in the books that hasn't played a significant part in anything - yet.  So maybe they just don't want to sidetrack the story with something that isn't essential and undermines the drama and impact of one of the most shocking moments of the entire show (the red wedding). 

#4 - At some point, doesn't the constant resurrections just feel like a bit of a comicbook gimmick?  Yeah, I get it that it's a story where the main antagonists are literally undead ice zombies, but having characters like John Snow, Benjen and Lady Stoneheart all return from the dead - at some point wouldn't you just be like, "Man, let's just go back, duct tape Eddard's head back on his body and get Sean Bean back".  Maybe they want to avoid having too many resurrections.

I'm down with #4. 

I don't remember exactly hue much Lady Stoneheart was in the books, I just remember reading feverishly to get to the next chapter of her involvement (hers and Tyrion's).

The Hound!

Will the show have Lady Stoneheart running the Brotherhood without Banners now?

I think i`ve read sometime ago (after the red wedding) quotes from Benioff and Weiss that they won`t use Lady Stoneheart.
I`d like to see them change their mind though.

Is Lady Stoneheart Catelyn reincarnated?

I remember her joining up with some underground resistance force tirades the end of the last book.

Yes, Lady stonehart is Lady Stark.

Thanks

Ps- the kindle fire spellchecker is the worst
Yup

« Reply #879 on: June 08, 2016, 08:19:03 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1553

Did Daario leave Daenerys in the books, though? Because Euron was already at the Iron Islands and sent Victarion (I believe) with the ships to Mereen. But I thought in the books Daario was still with Daenerys the whole time until she was taken away by Drogon, making it impossible that they're the same person.
Time is a bit weird in the books, so it could be possible, I just don't see it as likely.  I mean if Daario is Euron, why would he send his brother with the ships and not just go himself?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #880 on: June 08, 2016, 09:04:50 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things

I don't think this theory is correct BUT don't dismiss it because of different actors.  If euron/Daario is a servant of the many faced God, a man can have many faces....

That said assuming the timing is the same euron can't be Dario and on the iron islands while Dario is with dany.

Better guess is that Dario is victarion who we just haven't met yet in the show.

I actually think there is a good chance Daario may be victarion and then something will have to give when theon and yara show up.  Either they lie and fool Daario and kill him, or Daario hears they stole the ships and he kills them.

« Reply #881 on: June 08, 2016, 09:58:14 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

I don't think this theory is correct BUT don't dismiss it because of different actors.  If euron/Daario is a servant of the many faced God, a man can have many faces....

That said assuming the timing is the same euron can't be Dario and on the iron islands while Dario is with dany.

Better guess is that Dario is victarion who we just haven't met yet in the show.

I actually think there is a good chance Daario may be victarion and then something will have to give when theon and yara show up.  Either they lie and fool Daario and kill him, or Daario hears they stole the ships and he kills them.

Wait, wouldn't the same logic be applied to Victarion then, too, at least in the books? Wasn't Victarion also there when Euron was made king of the Iron Islands? He couldn't also be in two places at once.

Now in the show you're right, since we haven't seen him yet.

« Reply #882 on: June 08, 2016, 05:01:56 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Found this spoiler thread for upcoming episodes.  It was posted a few episodes back and correctly predicted certain things from the future episodes.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/game-thrones-season-6-spoilers-who-wins-battle-winterfell-deleted-reddit-thread-tells-534076
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 05:07:56 PM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #883 on: June 12, 2016, 10:37:11 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
This one was good. I fan fiction a battle in the dark with Arya but didn't know it would be Waif. And I suppose she gave a name and spared a name so she should be free of pursuit. Overall good episode.

Oh anyone p---ed off that there won't be a Clegane bowl. I was mad as hell, lol. Good way to fire up some emotion from me though by writers.

And is the Spider meeting up with Iron Born rebels, Golden company, House Manderly, Jon, Dorne, or Euron? So many possibilities.

And last one, am I the only one who thinks kings landing is wildfired by Ceri in finale?

« Reply #884 on: June 13, 2016, 12:33:51 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
This one was good. I fan fiction a battle in the dark with Arya but didn't know it would be Waif. And I suppose she gave a name and spared a name so she should be free of pursuit. Overall good episode.

Oh anyone p---ed off that there won't be a Clegane bowl. I was mad as hell, lol. Good way to fire up some emotion from me though by writers.

And is the Spider meeting up with Iron Born rebels, Golden company, House Manderly, Jon, Dorne, or Euron? So many possibilities.

And last one, am I the only one who thinks kings landing is wildfired by Ceri in finale?

I think Cersei does something crazy, so I actually found the no trial-by-combat thing cool. Also, at least we can now see Margaery's plan in action. You have to think that this was her plan the whole time - use the Sparrows and the faith militant against Cersei.

My question is this - what was the rumor that her and Maester Qyburn were discussing?