Author Topic: Will Rob Williams Ever Stay Healthy?  (Read 3745 times)

Will Rob Williams Ever Stay Healthy?
« on: May 07, 2021, 06:07:41 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Rob Williams is probably the most exciting player on the team apart from Tatum and Brown. 

Rob becoming an every day, starter-minutes player is probably one of the most straightforward ways that the team could make a jump from where it is right now.

Is that ever going to happen?  It seems like his whole career so far he's been going from one nagging injury issue to another.

I feel like we're in a weird spot with Rob where based on his talent and production you want to pencil him in as the starter playing 20-30 minutes a night every night.  But given how often he is limited or unavailable, you kind of need to have multiple other guys who can play significant minutes at the 5. 

That's the dilemma, I think, that resulted in the Celtics entering this season with 3 guys under contract who really deserved 20+ minutes at the 5 if healthy.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Will Rob Williams Ever Stay Healthy?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 06:14:17 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
He just got down graded to out tonight with turf toe, and may be out for the rest of regular season, Brad floated that out there.

Too bad. We are so much more dynamic with him at center than Tristan. Tristan just gums up the offense, he is a poor passer, and very slow decision maker.

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 06:20:11 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
He just got down graded to out tonight with turf toe, and may be out for the rest of regular season, Brad floated that out there.

Too bad. We are so much more dynamic with him at center than Tristan. Tristan just gums up the offense, he is a poor passer, and very slow decision maker.

This is what I'm saying.  The Celts are so much better with Rob playing, but he seems to get a lot of these injuries.

He's on the last year of his rookie deal next season.  Can the Celts afford to pay him to stick around?  I don't like the idea of the team locking up more salary in another guy who is in and out of the lineup.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 06:22:17 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
They need to move on from this player as a viable option in the offseason. Just not reliable and can’t stay healthy.

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 06:24:37 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
This is why I think we should've just kept Theis.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 06:36:36 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
This is why I think we should've just kept Theis.
I don't claim to understand the cap implications that probably necessitated it, but that has been one of my least favorite Danny trades ever from a basketball point of view. Whenever Rob is out, our center rotation either treads water or just kills us.

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 06:45:06 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Probably not. Should trade him for Myles Turner. Oh wait, we should already have myles.

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2021, 06:58:39 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
  I luv his effort and game, some beautiful basketball at times ,  but I squirm in my seat with anxiety waiting for for the next injury .  At a position Celtics are forever weak at , and seems to destroy the momentum when our best big is always out . Thus it  seems hard to sign him to a lot of money ....for yet another guy to sit on the bench 50 games a season and watch. 

I want to draft his replacement at least ASAP

I feel like Charlie Brown and Lucy pulling the football hold .  Timelord plays , the team looks great ,  I feel confident they are progressing.  Then , the football , his health is yanked away and  I’m left on my back wondering if the Celtics can ever have a decent healthy center.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 08:17:04 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2021, 07:08:20 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Turf toe????

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2021, 07:11:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2021, 07:16:38 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Turf toe????

Tuff toes

Ouch!

TIMELORD needs a special shoe! Get on that Nike!!!!

New Balance? Puma?

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2021, 08:10:29 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Probably not. Should trade him for Myles Turner. Oh wait, we should already have myles.

I’ll take a gimpy Robert than a healthy Myles Turner.

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2021, 08:30:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
He seems like the ultimate tease of a player. Brilliant play in short minutes. Unable to physically stay on the floor.

I think you give him next season, in a normally scheduled season, to see if he can finally put it all together and be available 75+ games or so.

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2021, 10:37:06 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Rob has one of the most varied injury histories in the league. It’a an assortment of minor injuries to his entire body.

With all that said, this is the worst season to gripe about his injury history. This was one of the most condensed schedule with the shortest preceding offseason ever. The most durable players have missed extended time because of how grueling this season has been.

Given those factors, the potential he’s displayed, and the fact that he played 51 games this season, which is about +70% of the season (which is a decent amount for this season in particular), you have to give him a break unless there’s a definite upgrade available in exchange (no draft picks/rookies/sophomores).

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2021, 10:52:31 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Is he becoming like a Jared Sullinger 2.0

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)