Author Topic: LeBron finally done?  (Read 10206 times)

LeBron finally done?
« on: May 05, 2021, 11:43:55 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I'm probably jinxing it

but i just saw on ESPN where LeBron said something like he may never be back to 100% after this recent injury.

Jay Williams was commenting on it.

Could it be??

Could the day I've been waiting for for several years finally be approaching??

He's a great player, and I think he seems like a really good person as well

but he killed us many, many times

and then he joined the lakers and won a championship there

ugh

i am so ready for him to be gone!!

I think this may be it

he's old-ish now
and hes injured

please someone agree with me

the end of Lebron is finally here!! yay!!

Re: LeBron finally done?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 12:13:33 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Lebron has been aging and slowly getting worse for years, especially during the long regular season grind.  He can still turn it on for the playoffs though, and I don't expect that to change this year if his ankle is 100%.  If not, then sure, he is going to stumble and the Lakers won't win the title.  But you can see the downward progression in his numbers basically since he has been in LA.  Not surprising, he is old, with a ton of miles on his legs.  He is still a top 2 or 3 player in the world though because at his peak he was so far ahead of everyone that even slipping there was just so much ground to makeup.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 12:15:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Hurrays

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 12:38:54 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I’ll believe it when I see it. LeBron is like Jason Voorhees, except he’s more successful at what he does.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 01:06:21 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
He'll be 37 in December. I suggested after the Lakers won in the bubble that it might be their last title for a while.

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 01:43:35 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
If Lebron’s game suddenly declines because of this latest injury, LA probably would trade AD while he still has value? It’s hard to imagine them winning only one chip with this LBJ/AD team up.

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 02:20:44 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Good riddance if he is, I for one won't miss the LeBron Era.

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 02:35:58 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
greatest player of his generation yet couldn't accomplish anything without having to create a 'superteam' to do it.  no respect for him, his whining and the ridiculous superstar treatment he received the moment he stepped on the court as a rookie.  The ridiculous stretches he'd enjoy without being called for a single foul were egregious and blatant show of favoritism by the league.

The only one of his career moments I ever enjoyed was the game where he fouled out against the Celtics in the playoffs and he couldn't get over the fact that the refs dared to foul him out. 

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 02:45:25 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
greatest player of his generation yet couldn't accomplish anything without having to create a 'superteam' to do it.  no respect for him, his whining and the ridiculous superstar treatment he received the moment he stepped on the court as a rookie.  The ridiculous stretches he'd enjoy without being called for a single foul were egregious and blatant show of favoritism by the league.

The only one of his career moments I ever enjoyed was the game where he fouled out against the Celtics in the playoffs and he couldn't get over the fact that the refs dared to foul him out.
Ah yes because the greatest players of all time weren't winning their multiple championships on super teams.

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 02:45:57 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
i dont see him as hanging around indefinitely right?

like - once he cant be the best anymore thats probably it for him.

No Lebron the ancient veteran who doesnt ever play but is on the team because he's Lebron?

so if thats true, then the end should be near :)

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 02:54:41 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
i dont see him as hanging around indefinitely right?

like - once he cant be the best anymore thats probably it for him.

No Lebron the ancient veteran who doesnt ever play but is on the team because he's Lebron?

so if thats true, then the end should be near :)
I think he wants to play with his son.  Or at least will stick around long enough to see if his son has a chance to make it to the NBA (so that he can then play with him).  That will also allow him to pass Kareem on the points list and move up on all of the other all time lists.  He also wants to get another couple of titles because he wants there to be no doubt that he is the greatest player ever.  So he will be around at least a few more seasons if not more.

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 02:57:50 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Ah yes because the greatest players of all time weren't winning their multiple championships on super teams.
the collusion Bron pulled off with Wade and Bosh in Miami sickens me.  it's one thing if a team's front office management pulls it off but to have the top players in the game collude to play together because they want to stack the deck in their favor is shameful and unworthy of any respect of their 'accomplishments'.  only title I give him credit for is the one he won in Cleveland. 

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 03:25:46 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

the collusion Bron pulled off with Wade and Bosh in Miami sickens me.  it's one thing if a team's front office management pulls it off but to have the top players in the game collude to play together because they want to stack the deck in their favor is shameful and unworthy of any respect of their 'accomplishments'.  only title I give him credit for is the one he won in Cleveland.

I know I am not going to change Moranis' mind on this, but for what it is worth, Bosh is at 99% to go into the hall of game. Kevin love is at 70%. Irving and Wade are probably locks. Jordan really only played with one other hall of famer outside of Rodman who, while productive, was 34 when he got to the bulls and thought to be washed up before his arrival. For comparison, Rodman was 36 in the last title run and I believe that was same age as Ray Allen when he got there.   Guys like Grant, Armstrong, Kukoc are not sniffing the hall of fame.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 03:32:51 PM by celticsclay »

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2021, 03:37:53 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
This is LeBron trying to build his legacy.  If the Lakers win he'll claim that his play through injuries ranks with Willis Reed. If they lose they weren't 100% and he has a built in excuse.

LeBron is one of the greatest basketball players to ever play and the best of his generation but the constant politicking to be regarded as the best ever is tiresome.  He's not top 3 and maybe not top 5. Jordan, Russell are 1/2 in what ever order you want. Kareem, Magic, Bird, LeBron, Tim Duncan, Hakeem, Wilt and Oscar Robinson all have the arguments to fill out the top 5. 

I'm probably omitting someone but off the top of my head that's the best I can do.   

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2021, 03:42:26 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
If his steroids start to fail him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin