Author Topic: C’s Injury Update Thread  (Read 15385 times)

Re: C’s Injury Update Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2021, 08:03:01 AM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Stevens needs to stop playing the J's too many minutes. Save it for their prime when the Celts are serious contenders for titles.

Playing them into the ground for a 6th seed makes no sense.
I agree in theory but Kemba stays missing games so there isn’t much offense on the floor if you reduce the minutes for Tatum and Brown. Tatum and Brown keep going out there (even at less than 100%) but Kemba is mostly missing. Even Fourier attempts to play despite his health issues. I hope they can trade Kemba when the season ends.

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2021, 02:19:28 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
JB's out, JT and KW fully practicing. JB news seems about as good as could be expected.

Mark MurphyMark Murphy @Murf56 about 50 minutes ago

Jayson Tatum and Kemba Walker ran through full practices today.

Jay King Jay King @ByJayKing about 50 minutes ago

Brad Stevens said Kemba Walker’s knee is “good” heading into the latter part of the season. Said it has challenged the Celtics when he needs to miss back to backs, but believes sticking with the plan has benefited Walker. Stevens knows how much they’ll need him when it matters.

Mark Murphy @Murf56about 51 minutes ago

Jaylen Brown is out vs. Orlando and then day-to-day, per Brad Stevens.

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2021, 03:18:54 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
With only 7 games remaining, and currently being the 7th seed, will the team finally end the stance of Kemba not playing on back-to-backs? They are scheduled to play on May 11-12 and May 15-16 for back-to-backs, which happen to be the last four games of the season.

This team has proven time and time again, that there are no sure wins and will cling to any excuse if someone is out. The only scenario that will be acceptable for me to sit out a healthy Kemba is if the team is locked into a seed, and winning or losing wouldn't matter.

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2021, 04:05:01 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

This team has proven time and time again, that there are no sure wins and will cling to any excuse if someone is out. The only scenario that will be acceptable for me to sit out a healthy Kemba is if the team is locked into a seed, and winning or losing wouldn't matter.

Proof?

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2021, 05:37:43 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Boston Celtics@celtics 2h
#NEBHInjuryReport for tomorrow vs. Orlando:

Jaylen Brown (right ankle sprain) - OUT
Tristan Thompson (left pectoral strain) - QUESTIONABLE

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2021, 05:41:11 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
With only 7 games remaining, and currently being the 7th seed, will the team finally end the stance of Kemba not playing on back-to-backs? They are scheduled to play on May 11-12 and May 15-16 for back-to-backs, which happen to be the last four games of the season.

Maybe things will change. I hope Kemba plays:

John Karalis @RedsArmy

Brad Stevens says "our playoffs clearly have started" and every minute of the next seven games is super-meaningful.

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2021, 05:41:20 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell

Proof?

Have you heard an interview on the radio from anyone involved with the team? Or even an interview after a game. Inevitably, someone will mention an injury, with the caveat of injuries are no excuse, but we didn't have so and so. Or the other line of, we don't know how good this team is since we haven't been healthy. Or reminding the fans of the limited number of games the original starting five were able to play together.

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2021, 05:43:45 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell

John Karalis @RedsArmy_John
about 4 hours ago

Brad Stevens says "our playoffs clearly have started" and every minute of the next seven games is super-meaningful.

That still doesn't answer the question of will Kemba play in back-to-backs, which pretty much only occur during the regular season.

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2021, 06:12:50 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

about 4 hours ago

That still doesn't answer the question of will Kemba play in back-to-backs, which pretty much only occur during the regular season.
My guess is No.  For a chronic condition, they may not want to change something that is working.

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2021, 06:13:26 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

about 4 hours ago

We have two back-to-back next week.  Certainly how he's feeling will be the number one consideration.  If he's not ready to go, he's not ready to go.  That said, we'll have just come off two games with the Heat.  If we win both of those, we could have a multi-game lead over them for the 6/7th spot, including the tiebreaker.  In that case, I'd be a little surprised to see him in the back-to-backs.  If we split/lose, I'd expect to see him play in Cleveland next Wednesday.  The second back-to-back is the last game of the year, so if it matters for 6-7 (or maybe even 4/5 since we're playing the Knicks), I think we'll see him.

But the next four games all come with a day of rest, are all winnable, and could decide at least the 6-7 seed for us.  So if we take care of business for a week, which I hope we do, I think he'll still get some rest.

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2021, 07:12:18 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1370
Stevens needs to stop playing the J's too many minutes. Save it for their prime when the Celts are serious contenders for titles.

Playing them into the ground for a 6th seed makes no sense.

Funnily enough, he was criticized during the LA blowout that turned closer than expected because Stevens sat his starters 4 mins into the 4th quarter. Because our bench nearly gave up a 30 point lead to the hated Fakers the forum was up in arms because Stevens sat the starters, including the Jays, too early. Poor Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again. can't win  :angel:

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2021, 07:20:39 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1370

about 4 hours ago

Brad's been on record a number of times saying he will not prioritize seeding over player health.

Even though he says the playoffs have started, they haven't really started, so I doubt you will see Kemba playing in back to backs, if the purpose is to get a better seed. I think his statement is more that the team needs to have its playoff mindset, no more games that you can take off. He wants them playing well, with a "we can't afford to lose" mindset, so they hit the playoffs running, whether it's as the 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th seed. And we've seen enough from this team to know that at its best it can beat anyone, it's all about their mindset.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2021, 07:20:45 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Unless a guy simply can't go, no one should be sitting. And the notion that JT & JB are playing too many minutes is ludicrous. Brown isn't even averaging 35 minutes. Michael Jordan averaged 38-40 for the bulk of his career. If anything, Stevens is too easy on his players.

We're on the edge of the play in game, when getting to a 4 or 5 seed is extremely important. Brad would be a fool to save someone for the playoffs, when saving them means the difference in playing Atlanta or New York in the first round instead of Milwaukee or New Jersey.

I believe in Brad, I think he's a great coach. I also believe he has grossly mismanaged this team, once again, and a team that should be contending with the top 3 seeds is instead fighting for its playoff life.

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2021, 05:08:04 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Thompson (chest) is out Wednesday against the Magic, John Karalis of BostonSportsJournal.com reports.

Spin: Thompson will miss his first game since April 6 as he deals with a strained left pectoral. In his absence, Robert Williams should start, and Luke Kornet could see extra minutes as a reserve center.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2021, 11:31:57 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
about 2 hours ago

Danny Ainge on @Toucherandrich says Jaylen Brown likely to return on Sunday vs. Heat.