Author Topic: Jabari? UPDATE: Jabari!  (Read 33812 times)

Re: Jabari?
« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2021, 03:00:29 PM »

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I like Parker , he’s a big fellow now, because he gives the team more inside punch in the paint ,  I think he enjoys ruff housing and banging to get a shot .  Something the Jays try and avoid .  Sometimes you need guys willing to bang inside to get those shots too.  I look forward to him working in the paint .

When everyone is healthy, the C's now have a bench unit including Pritchard, Langford, Parker, and Thompson. Those are 4 guys who can all make plays who aren't afraid of contact. I like that a lot.

I don't want to jump the gun on Parker after one game but I do like adding a physical presence to the bench who can score in bunches.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2021, 03:19:47 PM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29

When everyone is healthy, the C's now have a bench unit including Pritchard, Langford, Parker, and Thompson. Those are 4 guys who can all make plays who aren't afraid of contact. I like that a lot.

I don't want to jump the gun on Parker after one game but I do like adding a physical presence to the bench who can score in bunches.

And, um, Fournier?

« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2021, 04:13:51 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
When there was all that talk of getting Barnes, I was attracted by the potential of adding Parker to the trade. Love this addition. Really feel like Parker can become an eventual sixth man of the year somewhere. There’s a reason why he was the second overall pick back in 2014. It was smart making it a two year deal so we can re-sign him above the cap if he pans out this season/next. 

« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2021, 04:39:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
When there was all that talk of getting Barnes, I was attracted by the potential of adding Parker to the trade. Love this addition. Really feel like Parker can become an eventual sixth man of the year somewhere. There’s a reason why he was the second overall pick back in 2014. It was smart making it a two year deal so we can re-sign him above the cap if he pans out this season/next.

Parkers is better than Blake Griffen at this point. Much better.

« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2021, 05:05:15 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

And, um, Fournier?

Is that a Green team?

« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2021, 06:47:03 PM »

Kiorrik

The Jabari signing feels a lot like the Steph Marbury and Sam Cassell signings.

No way we "lose" in that pickup. It's someone who can play the game of basketball and brings something new to the team.

« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2021, 06:58:33 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
The thing with Stevens is he will use Parker, the guy just won;t sit there.

Parker is:

Very fast on the court.
When he gets the ball on offense he was very quick to the basket.
On offense he was looking to pick up rebounds.
On defense at least he has size, but, obviously, he's a project.

Parker is a Celtic now and there are no guarantees, but, I suggest his defense will improve. His mates will beat on him until he gets it and he just might.

« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2021, 11:49:32 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
Interesting side note on the Jabari signing:

At the trade deadline, the Celtics had enough tax room to sign one free agent and avoid the tax, unless the Celtics won the title, because then incentives would kick in for Fournier and Brown to put them over the tax.  However, Fournier and Brown both have games-played requirements attached to their postseason success incentives, and Fournier's Covid bout has dropped him below the minimum number of games played to reach his incentive, thus affording the C's $500k in extra tax space.  Jabari Parker's pro-rated salary is ~$417k.  In other words, Fournier's illness may have afforded the Celtics the ability to sign Parker. 

« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2021, 12:03:45 AM »

Kiorrik

At the trade deadline, the Celtics had enough tax room to sign one free agent and avoid the tax, unless the Celtics won the title, because then incentives would kick in for Fournier and Brown to put them over the tax.  However, Fournier and Brown both have games-played requirements attached to their postseason success incentives, and Fournier's Covid bout has dropped him below the minimum number of games played to reach his incentive, thus affording the C's $500k in extra tax space.  Jabari Parker's pro-rated salary is ~$417k.  In other words, Fournier's illness may have afforded the Celtics the ability to sign Parker.

This is one of those fun conspiracy theories, isn't it? :)

« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2021, 12:46:30 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
The Jabari signing feels a lot like the Steph Marbury and Sam Cassell signings.

No way we "lose" in that pickup. It's someone who can play the game of basketball and brings something new to the team.

Always good to have NBA players all the way down your roster.

« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2021, 01:11:39 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Source?

« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2021, 01:18:52 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

Source?

My looking up Fournier's  incentives, noticing the games played aspect, and doing the math.  I suppose I could tweet it and cite myself, but then I'd have to create a Twitter account.

« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2021, 01:38:58 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Source?

My looking up Fournier's  incentives, noticing the games played aspect, and doing the math.  I suppose I could tweet it and cite myself, but then I'd have to create a Twitter account.

You may just have to do that, because it ain’t true if it ain’t on Twitter.

« Reply #193 on: April 19, 2021, 01:57:57 AM »

Kiorrik

Source?

You may just have to do that, because it ain’t true if it ain’t on Twitter.
F A C T S

« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2021, 02:10:59 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Parker's averaged a PER of 16.5 over the last 3 season since his second ACL injury (2018-2020). Semi's best year was 8.5 (2019). GW best was 7.9 (2020).

Last season he was the 28th best PF in overall Real +/-, Semi was 73rd, and GW was 85th.

It's an upgrade if he's in reasonable shape.