Author Topic: Rumor: Celtics offer for Grant  (Read 11257 times)

Re: Rumor: Celtics offer for Grant
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2021, 07:12:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Wonder if Danny is pursuing Grant so he can add the Wizards to the mix and move Grant for Beal? A move like this, including 2022 and 2024 swaps for the Wizards, gets us everything we need:

https://tradenba.com/trades/nm6VjWbSY

We’d still have the TPE available for the off-season, too:

Smart/Teague/Pritchard
Beal/Ellington/Langford
Brown/Ojeyele/Nesmith
Tatum/Theis/G. Williams
TT/Plumlee/R. Williams
Dude, you're turning every thread into a trade for Beal proposal or creating a million trade for Beal threads. We get it. You want to trade for Beal, but you don't have to hijack other threads to get your point across.

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2021, 07:58:31 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If I'm Detroit I probably make a team that wants Grant also take on Plumlee to clear his salary off the books.  So with that in mind, I think you'd have to do 2 trades. 

So trade 1

Theis, G. Williams, Edwards, Nesmith for Plumlee, Ellington

Trade 2

21 and 23 1sts for Grant

Puts Boston into the tax, but below the hard cap and I think there is enough room for 1 buyout candidate.  And I did the trades that way because the 1st one creates a 2.8 TPE for Boston and the second gives Detroit a 19 million TPE so it adds value and Boston still has basically a MLE sized TPE left on the Hayward one to use this summer.

So post-trades with 1 open roster spot

Starters - Walker, Brown, Tatum, Grant, Thompson
Rotation - Pritchard, Teague, Smart, Ellington, Langford, Ojeleye, R. Williams, Plumlee
Deep Bench - Green, Waters, Fall

I don't know if that team can really hang with the top tier contenders this year, but it is certainly in a much better position to do so.

I like the thinking, if in fact taking on Plumlee would help get Jerami, I would be OK with that.  But I would keep Theis and Ellington out of it.  The first trade works with just GWilliams and Nesmith for Plumlee, then the two picks for Jerami.  Detroit doesn't care about Theis (or Edwards) and I would rather have Theis and Edwards over Ellington.

I suspect this still does not quite get it done for Detroit but I like the trade for the Celtics.
We would then have three centres of similar ability (TT, Plumlee, Theis) and a 4th centre better than them all. Would be a hectic logjam.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2021, 09:29:34 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
If I'm Detroit I probably make a team that wants Grant also take on Plumlee to clear his salary off the books.  So with that in mind, I think you'd have to do 2 trades. 

So trade 1

Theis, G. Williams, Edwards, Nesmith for Plumlee, Ellington

Trade 2

21 and 23 1sts for Grant

Puts Boston into the tax, but below the hard cap and I think there is enough room for 1 buyout candidate.  And I did the trades that way because the 1st one creates a 2.8 TPE for Boston and the second gives Detroit a 19 million TPE so it adds value and Boston still has basically a MLE sized TPE left on the Hayward one to use this summer.

So post-trades with 1 open roster spot

Starters - Walker, Brown, Tatum, Grant, Thompson
Rotation - Pritchard, Teague, Smart, Ellington, Langford, Ojeleye, R. Williams, Plumlee
Deep Bench - Green, Waters, Fall

I don't know if that team can really hang with the top tier contenders this year, but it is certainly in a much better position to do so.

I like the thinking, if in fact taking on Plumlee would help get Jerami, I would be OK with that.  But I would keep Theis and Ellington out of it.  The first trade works with just GWilliams and Nesmith for Plumlee, then the two picks for Jerami.  Detroit doesn't care about Theis (or Edwards) and I would rather have Theis and Edwards over Ellington.

I suspect this still does not quite get it done for Detroit but I like the trade for the Celtics.
We would then have three centres of similar ability (TT, Plumlee, Theis) and a 4th centre better than them all. Would be a hectic logjam.
In addition, that puts Boston over the apron I believe as the team is close to the apron as is in that scenario.  To take on Plumlee and Grant, a fair amount of salary has to leave Boston and I think to include someone like Thompson would cost more assets.  Theis is there because he is an expiring contract and may be someone Detroit would look at keeping so has that he has a double potential value.

If Boston wants to get Jerami Grant for essentially Nesmith and 2 late 1st's (I don't think Grant Williams is worth much of anything in a trade at this point) it is going to have sweeten the pot.  The way to do that is take Plumlee off their hands for expiring contracts.   
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip