Author Topic: "Adam Silver said the NBA will not require anyone to get a Vaccine"  (Read 3896 times)

Re: "Adam Silver said the NBA will not require anyone to get a Vaccine"
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2021, 08:52:12 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

And maybe I'm in the minority, but I absolutely hate this nonsense of "oh let the players and rich guys (young politicians + celebrities) get voluntarily vaccinated so that others can believe it works".
I feel like it makes sense for politicians to be part of the initial groups, as them being able to do their job is crucial to effective and efficient governance. Even if COVID won't hit them as hard, it can still disrupt the way the state may work. Especially if they infect other politicians and non-elected officials while being asymptomatic.

Certainly agree about the other groupings though. It's just more favours for the elite
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2021, 12:13:00 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

And maybe I'm in the minority, but I absolutely hate this nonsense of "oh let the players and rich guys (young politicians + celebrities) get voluntarily vaccinated so that others can believe it works".
I feel like it makes sense for politicians to be part of the initial groups, as them being able to do their job is crucial to effective and efficient governance. Even if COVID won't hit them as hard, it can still disrupt the way the state may work. Especially if they infect other politicians and non-elected officials while being asymptomatic.

Certainly agree about the other groupings though. It's just more favours for the elite

The CDC says the Asymptomatic thing is way overblown. Basically a non issue.

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2021, 02:25:10 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

States that haven't had over half a million deaths from COVID say otherwise. Even if asymptomatic transmission is overblown, there's still lots of presymptomatic transmission, which is a problem.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2021, 09:30:32 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Right, but funny enough some of the politicians who said COVID "wasn't a big deal" and that mask mandates, etc. were too strict were some of the first to jump the line and get vaccinated. Hypocrites  ::)

But I won't delve too much deeper into this as I understand the rules of the blog lol
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2021, 11:29:48 AM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
No, the CDC does not say that.