Author Topic: Griffin bought out  (Read 8026 times)

Re: Griffin bought out
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2021, 07:08:56 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
That is the thing with super teams, ring chasers willing to leave behind big money to chase the elusive ring. Strong defense and very good offense will be the only way through that Nets team. A very tough out. Now, always a chance of mental meltdown if things somehow go bad but doubting that scenario.
I think a strong defensive team with an unstoppable force on offence (like Philly) could be a really interesting match-up for Brooklyn. But their offence will be very hard to stop.

Injuries could be their downfall for sure

True, injuries could become a factor. Same with Sixers. One bruise on Embiid and they are toast.

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2021, 07:10:23 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
The Nets are still the same team they were yesterday.  Adding an inefficient, injury-sapped player who adds nothing without the ball in his hands doesn’t improve them.

There’s a reason Detroit ate $70 million rather than keep him on the team.

True. Maybe he brings the bridesmaid mentAlity from his Clippers days to Brooklyn. Will be curious to see them in playoffs. Ideally we are in the other bracket.

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2021, 08:11:58 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The Nets are still the same team they were yesterday.  Adding an inefficient, injury-sapped player who adds nothing without the ball in his hands doesn’t improve them.

This is basically where I'm at. He doesn't suit an off-ball role because he cannot shoot, and probably thinks he deserves the ball. He's a weird 4th option
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2021, 08:53:35 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

This is basically where I'm at. He doesn't suit an off-ball role because he cannot shoot, and probably thinks he deserves the ball. He's a weird 4th option

Apparently his role is “small ball center off the bench”, which sounds about right.  I would prefer DMC.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2021, 08:57:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Apparently his role is “small ball center off the bench”, which sounds about right.  I would prefer DMC.
Who would have thought 5 years ago that DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin would be a teams centre rotation with Blake being the benched one!

I would prefer DMC too. He's better defensively and is actually big.

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2021, 09:49:28 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
I wonder if Griffin was just dogging it so that Detroit would buy him out. His numbers this year are unbelievably bad.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2021, 09:53:18 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I wonder if Griffin was just dogging it so that Detroit would buy him out. His numbers this year are unbelievably bad.
They were the same last year

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2021, 10:25:52 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

So he’s been dogging it for two seasons..Wouldn’t be surprised. I mean, who wants to be play in Detroit?
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2021, 02:20:39 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

So he’s been dogging it for two seasons..Wouldn’t be surprised. I mean, who wants to be play in Detroit?
Were his one and a half seasons of All-Star play in Detroit just because he didn't realise where he was traded to? What about being so injury-prone he has only managed 38 NBA games since May 2019?

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2021, 09:16:51 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Were his one and a half seasons of All-Star play in Detroit just because he didn't realise where he was traded to? What about being so injury-prone he has only managed 38 NBA games since May 2019?

Maybe he got sick of the losing culture in Detroit after 1.5 seasons? Idk, guess we will find out once he starts playing in games for the Nets.

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2021, 12:15:02 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Does Blake Griffin to the Nets mean Drummond (If bought out) will more than likely go to the Lakers? He would fill a huge void for them ... Seems like Brooklyn or the LA teams scoop up all of the players that do receive buyouts. :-\
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 12:42:23 PM by Goldstar88 »

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2021, 10:31:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Does Blake Griffin to the Nets mean Drummond (If bought out) will more than likely go to the Lakers? He would fill a huge void for them ... Seems like Brooklyn or the LA teams scoop up all of the players that do receive buyouts. :-\
If I were Drummond I'd go to the Clippers. Would be able to feast on the boards and would for the first time ever have good perimeter defenders

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2021, 10:50:17 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
If I were Drummond I'd go to the Clippers. Would be able to feast on the boards and would for the first time ever have good perimeter defenders

I hope he does go to the Clips. Move Ibaka back to the 4 and have Batum come off the bench. That’s a deep and talented team. Least they would give the Lakers and Nets trouble.