Author Topic: Kemba’s got to go...  (Read 46597 times)

Kemba’s got to go...
« on: January 30, 2021, 11:01:23 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
The performance against the Lakers tonight aside, I really think the Celtics needs to move on from him. Kemba is  a one dimensional player. if he’s not scoring, he’s hurting the team by being on the court. He’s the point guard, but he doesn’t run the offense or get his teammates involved. Pritchard already seems to be a better fit and has good chemistry with Tatum and Jaylen. I really wanted Kemba to work out on this team, but it’s just not.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Kemba’s got to go...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 11:17:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I don't dislike the little guy.   Better personality than Irving

but the fit is weird.  Especially with the ascension of Brown/Tatum.   Same thing happened with Hayward

I don't think Kemba is truly happy either since his "game" has to take a backseat and he knows it

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 11:24:03 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Kemba will be fine. By the end of this season a lot of you guys on here will be singing his praises.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 11:26:45 PM »

Offline DocomoCelts

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
Ainge is going to have to agree to take back some iffy pieces to move Kemba and his awful contract.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 11:34:02 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Exclude Theis signing and Danny’s signings have been atrocious and detrimental to our title campaigns each and every year. Danny, just do trades ! give up on signing players already

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 11:36:14 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Kemba will be fine. By the end of this season a lot of you guys on here will be singing his praises.

He’s undersized, not a good passer, not a good defender, average shooter with career FG:42% and 3pt:36%. I honestly think they would be better off with Just Smart and Pritchard. Plus, I do think Teague will turn things around and become at least serviceable
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 11:37:29 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Do you want the Celtics to have even less guards now that Smart is gone? Seriously what is this blog's obsession with trading Kemba? The guy has shown nothing but love but yet he is usually the first to go. Who is a better third option than Kemba right now anyway?

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 11:39:54 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Do you want the Celtics to have even less guards now that Smart is gone? Seriously what is this blog's obsession with trading Kemba? The guy has shown nothing but love but yet he is usually the first to go. Who is a better third option than Kemba right now anyway?
Ask the person in charge of putting it together. When pierce is questioning your team depth on live tv you know you have a problem

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 11:44:38 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
I’m fine with Kemba.  He’ll get there.

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2021, 11:48:38 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
All the people trashing Kemba forgot that he's the one who got that steal off AD at the end to even give us that last fast break...

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2021, 11:54:40 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
I just wish we had an average point guard that can score than a 1-12 Kemba Walker.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2021, 11:55:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Kemba fault or not (or bad luck)

The Celts are 1-5 since Walker return.   The win vs Cavs or Bulls was with Kemba sitting out

At this rate the Celts will be fighting for a spot for the 8th seed

Brad and the team need to figure it out asap

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2021, 11:57:53 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
i think you meant to write "after his next good game...."  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2021, 11:58:27 PM »

Offline Indocelts

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 230
I love Kemba as a person. He has been a good Celtics so far.

The issue with Kemba is that he needs to take a good number of shots to be effective (42% fg, 36% 3pt), while we need to give more shots to the 2 Jays who have better FG% and 3pt%. 

We need to trade him with a bonafide Center who will have a better FG% than Kemba with lesser amount of shots to take.

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2021, 11:59:56 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Kemba would have been a very good fit with Hayward and Horford still on the team. But we no longer have them and not having playmaker really hurts our team as whole. I suggest moving Kemba to bench to balance the scoring production. He already botched crucial plays in the last 2 games.