Author Topic: New Off-Season Wishlist  (Read 5554 times)

Re: New Off-Season Wishlist
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2021, 08:46:24 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Would try to make this move, which I think is enough to bring us the title regardless of what becomes of Wiseman:

https://tradenba.com/trades/463e-H6c5

GSW would not bat an eye paying Smart a fortune to be Steph’s and Klay’s enforcer. It’s a great situation for Marcus. They may want to move on from Dray’s contract given his age. They may be attracted by that alongside picks and Timelord over committing to Wiseman to return to health. It’s not risk-free for us, but we get a shot at a potential future all-star center in Wiseman, and obtain predictability with regards to our future cap situation.

Assuming we-resign Fournier (clearly the top priority this off-season) and Madar comes here:

Walker/Pritchard/Madar
Brown/Langford
Fournier/Nesmith
Tatum/Green/G. Williams
TT/Parker/Wiseman (Until he’s 100% healthy)

Shore up the depth with reclamation projects: Exum at 2/1 and Bender at 5/4.

Start Fournier but give Green 28-30 MPG (move Tatum to 3 when Dray is on the court with him) and Fournier 28-30 MPG at the 3/2 (basically starting alongside Tatum/Brown but once Green comes off the bench you switch to having Fournier relieve Tatum/Brown at 3/2 when they sit).

Draymond Green provides championship experience AND can guard most any position just like Smart, who’s probably going to leave if we do not trade him. Dray’s probably overpaid at this point in his career, but that’s part of the price of getting a shot at Wiseman returning to health and becoming a promising prospect again. Besides, Jayson and Jaylen could use a champion mentor like Dray, who could become for us what Iggy was to the Warriors in the mid 2010s.

Title time!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 09:08:08 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2021, 06:13:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Would try to make this move, which I think is enough to bring us the title regardless of what becomes of Wiseman:

https://tradenba.com/trades/463e-H6c5

GSW would not bat an eye paying Smart a fortune to be Steph’s and Klay’s enforcer. It’s a great situation for Marcus. They may want to move on from Dray’s contract given his age. They may be attracted by that alongside picks and Timelord over committing to Wiseman to return to health. It’s not risk-free for us, but we get a shot at a potential future all-star center in Wiseman, and obtain predictability with regards to our future cap situation.

Assuming we-resign Fournier (clearly the top priority this off-season) and Madar comes here:

Walker/Pritchard/Madar
Brown/Langford
Fournier/Nesmith
Tatum/Green/G. Williams
TT/Parker/Wiseman (Until he’s 100% healthy)

Shore up the depth with reclamation projects: Exum at 2/1 and Bender at 5/4.

Start Fournier but give Green 28-30 MPG (move Tatum to 3 when Dray is on the court with him) and Fournier 28-30 MPG at the 3/2 (basically starting alongside Tatum/Brown but once Green comes off the bench you switch to having Fournier relieve Tatum/Brown at 3/2 when they sit).

Draymond Green provides championship experience AND can guard most any position just like Smart, who’s probably going to leave if we do not trade him. Dray’s probably overpaid at this point in his career, but that’s part of the price of getting a shot at Wiseman returning to health and becoming a promising prospect again. Besides, Jayson and Jaylen could use a champion mentor like Dray, who could become for us what Iggy was to the Warriors in the mid 2010s.

Title time!
Not good. Smart and Draymond are basically of identical value right now when you factor in pay. So you’re trading Timelord, 2 firsts and 2 seconds and Carsen for Wiseman? No thanks, TL is better right now
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2021, 09:47:10 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 97
Cut Grant

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2021, 10:40:09 PM »

Offline $Mike$

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Sign and Trade for Lonzo Ball.

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2021, 05:19:09 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Cut trade whatever edwards semi grant kornet Tremont...Train romeo to shoot and nesmith to handle the ball and move without the ball.. if they fail cut them next year.. sign a true point guard.. sign a true power forward... find a serviceable 3rd center.. try this time not to pick a guy that needs 3 year to develop... and demand from Brad to play guys that produce

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2021, 05:39:53 AM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
I don’t see any changes with this team..Sign Fournier & maybe keep Parker if he does alright..Get a big with the first pick and hope the young guys keep improving
So Tatum and Brown have to play with a sorry bench again next year? Tatum is tied for 8th in average minutes per game (even with his coming back from COVID). He is going to get ground down having to cover for a bunch of guys who can’t score on the bench. I would want to leave when I could if DA can’t do anymore than bring back the same team again next year.

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2021, 07:47:58 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I actually think little moves to help our depth will help us quite a bit.   Replacing Grant and Romeo will guys who can play 20 minutes and can produce would help us.   Sometimes it seems like we are playing 3 on 5 when their in the game on offense.

I would be all for ending the Grant Williams era, he does not possess one NBA level elite skill.   Romeo I think we hold on to develop.  He has shown some defensive prowess.  Edwards, Waters, Tacko and Kornet are expendable.   Nesmith you have to give more time.

But how many times do we have to play a guy 20 min and realize they are not going to produce meaningful stats?   I know what is behind them is not better.

I know Parker and Fourner are still learning the system and they should help our bench offense and are big boosts.

I would mention don't we still have part of the trade exception or is it gone.

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2021, 08:14:08 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Send GW to China at the very least .

Another young rim runner , like that Moses kid on OKC

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2021, 08:47:23 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I know this not going happen but get rid of Semi, Edwards, Grant, Romeo, Waters & Luke...keep Parker & Fournier..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2021, 12:30:10 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Re-sign Fournier to multi year deal.

Package pieces (Smart/Nesmith/Langford/Timelord) a viable/stable center option to pair with rest of starters.

Use rest of TPE to add another solid veteran player off the bench.

Get rid of the slop at the end of the bench (Edwards/Kornet/Waters/Williams/etc)

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2021, 12:32:32 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Package pieces (Smart/Nesmith/Langford/Timelord) a viable/stable center option to pair with rest of starters.

Who would you bring in that would improve over those four?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2021, 12:47:23 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Who would you bring in that would improve over those four?
I didn’t necessarily mean trade all those guys. I probably should have phrased it as combo of those guys. Personally, I’m not a Timelord fan. He’s never healthy and it’s hard to pin success at the position on a player like that. Maybe Smart/Timelord/picks can get you something. Maybe like a Clint Capella type player.

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2021, 04:07:03 PM »

Offline Bostonborn62

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Hustle like Cowens or have a seat
I still don't see anything worthwhile in GWill , way too small for the position he plays, has alligator arms and plays WAY below the rim, built more like a football player, no offensive game at all and yet..Brad still plays him . Breaking news Brad...he is G-league at best and for Brad to play him as much as he does, makes His Coaching suspect in my book. He needs to be in a package of players to possibly ,as has been stated here, to move up in the Draft. Enough is enough.

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2021, 04:33:26 PM »

Offline SDceltGuy

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
Gwill, edwards, taco, waters, semi would not be missed.  Kornet is a good 3rd center.  I don’t see Nesmith ever being good, but Romeo has a decent chance of being a good bench piece.