Author Topic: NBA 2020-2021 Season Thread  (Read 207526 times)

Re: NBA 2020-2021 Season Thread
« Reply #1275 on: May 10, 2021, 10:12:59 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Beal out a couple of games with a hammy.....

« Reply #1276 on: May 11, 2021, 09:39:42 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Rozier would never have played the role he's playing for the hornets if he'd stayed on the Celts.

I assume he'd have taken Kemba's minutes and done quite well with them.

We'd be a significantly better team with Rozier than Kemba.  It's hindsight, I was in favor of signing Kemba and letting Terry walk at the time.

I could see Terry scoring 20 ppg for this Celtic team, which is about what he is averaging with Charlotte.
Rozier averages 20PPG as the #1 option in Charlotte, leading them in FGAs by a fair bit. He would never be that here, and we don’t have playmakers like Ball, Hayward and even Graham to unlock him like Charlotte do.
I don't know that that is true.  He averaged 16.5 ppg in the playoffs as a starter with basically the same amount of shots as both Brown and Tatum.  Rozier and Brown both had 266, Tatum had 261, Morris was at 223 and Horford at 204.  Brown actually missed a game so he led the team in shots per game with Rozier 2nd to Tatum's very close 3rd.  Obviously Tatum would be leading the way on this team, with Brown probably 2nd, but there would be a lot of shots available for Rozier.  I mean he is only shooting 1 more FGA in Charlotte, than Walker is getting in Boston.  It isn't like he wouldn't have been able to find a role as a legit 3rd scoring option, just like Walker is.

I was fine letting Rozier go, as it was time, but I wouldn't have signed Walker.  He didn't make sense for the direction of the team.  I was a big fan of Brogdon and would have loved getting him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1277 on: May 12, 2021, 02:30:08 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Rozier would never have played the role he's playing for the hornets if he'd stayed on the Celts.

I assume he'd have taken Kemba's minutes and done quite well with them.

We'd be a significantly better team with Rozier than Kemba.  It's hindsight, I was in favor of signing Kemba and letting Terry walk at the time.

I could see Terry scoring 20 ppg for this Celtic team, which is about what he is averaging with Charlotte.
Rozier averages 20PPG as the #1 option in Charlotte, leading them in FGAs by a fair bit. He would never be that here, and we don’t have playmakers like Ball, Hayward and even Graham to unlock him like Charlotte do.
I don't know that that is true.  He averaged 16.5 ppg in the playoffs as a starter with basically the same amount of shots as both Brown and Tatum.  Rozier and Brown both had 266, Tatum had 261, Morris was at 223 and Horford at 204.  Brown actually missed a game so he led the team in shots per game with Rozier 2nd to Tatum's very close 3rd.  Obviously Tatum would be leading the way on this team, with Brown probably 2nd, but there would be a lot of shots available for Rozier.  I mean he is only shooting 1 more FGA in Charlotte, than Walker is getting in Boston.  It isn't like he wouldn't have been able to find a role as a legit 3rd scoring option, just like Walker is.

I was fine letting Rozier go, as it was time, but I wouldn't have signed Walker.  He didn't make sense for the direction of the team.  I was a big fan of Brogdon and would have loved getting him.
He would likely be getting a similar number of shots, around 15FGA, but I question the quality of the shots he'd get in our 2020-21 offence
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1278 on: May 13, 2021, 10:47:49 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Following Wednesday's practice, coach James Borrego suggested Miles Bridges could return in time for at least one of the games in their back-to-back against New York and Washington on the road. But things don't appear to be all that promising for Gordon Hayward, who's missed the last 21 games, to suit up in the play-in tournament.

https://www.si.com/nba/hornets/news/gordon-haywards-status-for-play-in-tournament-sounds-iffy-but-charlotte-hornets-could-get-miles-bridges-back-soon

2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #1279 on: May 13, 2021, 08:21:45 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
End of the 1st quarter and the Heat are up by 16 on the 76ers...
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1280 on: May 13, 2021, 10:36:19 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Brian Robb: Celtics have officially locked up the No. 7 seed in East with losses tonight by Hornets and Pacers. They will host No. 8 seed on Tuesday night at Garden in play-in tournament.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1281 on: May 13, 2021, 10:37:38 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Brian Robb: Celtics have officially locked up the No. 7 seed in East with losses tonight by Hornets and Pacers. They will host No. 8 seed on Tuesday night at Garden in play-in tournament.
the epitome of backing into the playoffs

« Reply #1282 on: May 13, 2021, 10:46:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Rest the starters the next two games

« Reply #1283 on: May 13, 2021, 10:53:21 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Stevens and some of the players were saying they want to use those two games to get some rhythm and continuity. They need it, so far they look like a preseason team and the [dang] playoffs are starting.

« Reply #1284 on: May 13, 2021, 11:01:55 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Stevens and some of the players were saying they want to use those two games to get some rhythm and continuity. They need it, so far they look like a preseason team and the [dang] playoffs are starting.

Teams trying to get some rhythm and continuity 70 games into the season. Smh...

« Reply #1285 on: May 13, 2021, 11:04:06 PM »

Offline Alec14

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60

While injuries are part of the problem, another huge issue is the way Brad manages the lineup. Outside of the starters, no one knows who will play or how much. PP might come in, miss a shot and get benched for two quarters. Grant Williams might be a DNP after playing 25 minutes the last game. Tremont might be starter or he might not play for a month. I can only imagine how frustrating and hard it is to keep yourself mentally keen with the Stevens magic 8-ball deciding if you'll play.

« Reply #1286 on: May 13, 2021, 11:10:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Miami looks dangerous

If Lakers are not healthy

I predict Heat vs Jazz in the finals

« Reply #1287 on: May 13, 2021, 11:18:30 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Miami looks dangerous

If Lakers are not healthy

I predict Heat vs Jazz in the finals

Yeah, Miami looks very good. Healthy and poised. They could have taken it last year if they didn't lose several key guys during the finals too.

« Reply #1288 on: May 13, 2021, 11:19:20 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

While injuries are part of the problem, another huge issue is the way Brad manages the lineup. Outside of the starters, no one knows who will play or how much. PP might come in, miss a shot and get benched for two quarters. Grant Williams might be a DNP after playing 25 minutes the last game. Tremont might be starter or he might not play for a month. I can only imagine how frustrating and hard it is to keep yourself mentally keen with the Stevens magic 8-ball deciding if you'll play.

Having Kemba out on back to backs all season long hasn't helped either.

« Reply #1289 on: May 13, 2021, 11:20:18 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
So the C’s are playing the Nets if they make it though the play in... Harden, KD, and Kyrie will be playing in the final two games vs Chicago and Cleveland. Philly just needs to beat Orlando to secure the #1 seed in the East. This sucks.