Author Topic: Coronavirus Concerns  (Read 358370 times)

Re: Coronavirus Concerns
« Reply #5625 on: February 18, 2021, 09:04:47 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Tristan Thompson
  • Tommy Points: 23
Welcome news .

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/02/03/world/covid-19-coronavirus#if-all-goes-well-the-us-could-see-110-million-doses-of-the-novavax-vaccine-in-june

And more welcome news:

Deaths are still over 3k/day, either taking a 7- or 14-day average, but we should see a significant drop in a couple of weeks.
Very promising stuff. Hopefully this is the turning point for the US (and the similarly trending UK)

Hopefully. The mood here is decidedly more downcast:

Image doesn't seem to be working correctly, so here's a link:
https://www.thecanary.co/cartoons/2021/02/15/here-we-go-again/
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #5626 on: February 18, 2021, 11:45:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• Walter Brown
  • Tommy Points: 2575
I had been seeing a huge trend down in Covid cases past few months in India .

Here is a very interesting article . 

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/02/01/962821038/the-mystery-of-indias-plummeting-covid-19-cases

« Reply #5627 on: February 22, 2021, 05:51:06 PM »

Offline Bostonborn62

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 58
  • Hustle like Cowens or have a seat
I posted about this Company Enzolytics (ENZC)OTC Ticker a few months ago and I'm not sure if anyone here has done any DD on them but they let the World know TODAY they have the answer to HIV and SARS-COV2 with their Proprietary Tech to stop ANY Virus from Mutating using their Patented Tech and AI. Here's the PR from TODAY and a Molecular Biologist's take on his Twitter feed who amazingly said    " he never thought he would see this in his Lifetime"     https://finance.yahoo.com/news/enzolytics-announces-discovery-patenting-eleven-153000979.html                                                           

Dr. on Twitter:https://twitter.com/Dr_TJRicks/status/1363890245360635914

This Company and it's Technology ITV-1/CLONE3 are going to change Medicine as we know it. Big Pharma has been put on notice.  Please Research. Peace :)

« Reply #5628 on: February 22, 2021, 06:27:54 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1553
  • On To Banner 18!
Getting my 2nd dose of the vaccine (Pfizer) on Friday at the hospital I work in.

Somewhat excited, but I've heard from quite a few of my good friends and co-workers who got both doses of Moderna/Pfizer that they got symptoms after the 2nd dose besides just the usual sore injection area. Some included fever, headache, etc. Yeah that's part of it and the symptoms do go away soon after, but it's still a bit worrisome to think you can get a fever or something 12-24 hours after getting a vaccine.

I didn't feel any symptoms after the 1st dose besides the usual sore area where you are injected, and maybe fatigue (falling asleep quickly at night), but idk if that was from not sleeping much the night before or the vaccine lol. It does seem a bit random though, like some people get zero symptoms from both doses, some get it from only the 1st, some from both, etc.

Good luck.    I've heard mixed batch from my friends who have received the 2nd shot.  A few definitely struggled for a day or two after.

Thankfully I don't think I had anything serious! Got it Friday afternoon, and on Saturday I think I did have a mild headache, but nothing too bad. I still went out twice during the day and it wasn't like it prevented me from doing anything. My sister wanted the new McDonald's Shamrock items (shake and ice cream each) so I went with her to get it.

Also felt a bit more tired than usual Friday night and most of Saturday. But by Sunday I felt great again (after a nice 11-12 hours of sleep haha). On Friday night though I did go to bed early and fell asleep quickly (just like after the 1st dose, went to sleep quickly that same night).

My Mom was mad though I didn't tell her about the side effects I had Saturday, which was sweet to hear but also like, really? Of all the things to get mad at, you get mad at that?  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5629 on: February 22, 2021, 07:35:36 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1944
Getting my 2nd dose of the vaccine (Pfizer) on Friday at the hospital I work in.

Somewhat excited, but I've heard from quite a few of my good friends and co-workers who got both doses of Moderna/Pfizer that they got symptoms after the 2nd dose besides just the usual sore injection area. Some included fever, headache, etc. Yeah that's part of it and the symptoms do go away soon after, but it's still a bit worrisome to think you can get a fever or something 12-24 hours after getting a vaccine.

I didn't feel any symptoms after the 1st dose besides the usual sore area where you are injected, and maybe fatigue (falling asleep quickly at night), but idk if that was from not sleeping much the night before or the vaccine lol. It does seem a bit random though, like some people get zero symptoms from both doses, some get it from only the 1st, some from both, etc.

Good luck.    I've heard mixed batch from my friends who have received the 2nd shot.  A few definitely struggled for a day or two after.

Thankfully I don't think I had anything serious! Got it Friday afternoon, and on Saturday I think I did have a mild headache, but nothing too bad. I still went out twice during the day and it wasn't like it prevented me from doing anything. My sister wanted the new McDonald's Shamrock items (shake and ice cream each) so I went with her to get it.

Also felt a bit more tired than usual Friday night and most of Saturday. But by Sunday I felt great again (after a nice 11-12 hours of sleep haha). On Friday night though I did go to bed early and fell asleep quickly (just like after the 1st dose, went to sleep quickly that same night).

My Mom was mad though I didn't tell her about the side effects I had Saturday, which was sweet to hear but also like, really? Of all the things to get mad at, you get mad at that?  :P

Well you're a good brother and your mother loves you.  That's all good! 

« Reply #5630 on: February 22, 2021, 07:46:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1553
  • On To Banner 18!

Well you're a good brother and your mother loves you.  That's all good!

Lol thanks! So we got it during an evening walk (since it's on the way), which my parents + sister usually go on everyday (I usually go on my own during mornings/afternoon). My dad couldn't go b/c he was fixing something so I did because we had it planned for a while.

I'd 1000% recommend it btw. Both the shake and ice cream are fantastic  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5631 on: March 02, 2021, 03:21:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• Walter Brown
wife and I got our first rounds of the vaccine this morning !   Cudo s to all the fabulous EMT , Vol nurses , , retired docs , etc who maned this huge vaccination operation in a vacant Kmart store.  it was being run like clockwork .  fantastic organization of people and effort !   

Arm is a tad sore , that’s all.  We’ll get our  next round about 3 weeks same time and place.

I feel fortunate to get my shot so early .

I think our state is going to start mass vaccinations tomorrow using the new one dose Johnson &Johnson COVID vaccine. 

« Reply #5632 on: March 02, 2021, 03:46:06 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 147
I got my first shot last week, get my 2nd on the 15th.  Pfizer.  One of the few perks of living in a rural state (north dakota) is that they're super on the ball with getting vaccines out b/c they don't have to contend with such large crowds.

« Reply #5633 on: March 02, 2021, 06:56:49 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 678
I'm not going to get my shot till April or May probably...which is ok, I'm at a lower risk category. To those of you who got your shot/s, I'd be curious to hear of any side effects you experienced, minor or otherwise. I'm trying to convince my mother to take it, she's one of those skeptics who thinks it was developed too quickly and wants to wait  :-\ She's over 65 so I told her she's in a higher risk of catching Covid and whatever side effects she might suffer would be less of a risk to her health than catching Covid itself but she's stubborn  :'(
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #5634 on: March 02, 2021, 07:51:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 9492
I'm not going to get my shot till April or May probably...which is ok, I'm at a lower risk category. To those of you who got your shot/s, I'd be curious to hear of any side effects you experienced, minor or otherwise. I'm trying to convince my mother to take it, she's one of those skeptics who thinks it was developed too quickly and wants to wait  :-\ She's over 65 so I told her she's in a higher risk of catching Covid and whatever side effects she might suffer would be less of a risk to her health than catching Covid itself but she's stubborn  :'(
2 of my coworkers got their second shots yesterday.  both said they felt like they had a case of the flu today.  My wife had her second shot a couple of weeks ago and said the same thing.  this feeling seems to last just a day.  getting my second shot on the 12th.  as much as I don't want that flu feeling (got that same effect after my second shingle shot late last year), I really want to get this vaccination completed. 

tell your mom the comfort of knowing she's getting protected from a dangerous virus so a day of feeling under the weather is more than worth it.

« Reply #5635 on: March 04, 2021, 04:25:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• Walter Brown

« Reply #5636 on: March 08, 2021, 11:24:23 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 594
CDC now says fully-vaccinated people can now gather without masks.

Anyone actually gonna gather around without masks if you're fully vaccinated? I think I still would wear a mask for a bit

« Reply #5637 on: March 09, 2021, 08:16:42 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1577
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
CDC now says fully-vaccinated people can now gather without masks.

Anyone actually gonna gather around without masks if you're fully vaccinated? I think I still would wear a mask for a bit

They are talking small gatherings.   I know I feel comfortable not wearing a mask when I visit my parents now.   (They are over 65 and I am a teacher so we all have received both doses) 

« Reply #5638 on: March 25, 2021, 09:52:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• Walter Brown
Got my second shot yesterday  , Wednesday morning along with my wife .

today is almost over , neither my wife or myself have had any reaction what so ever to the shot we can tell.  hope it wasn’t a placebo.. :D

« Reply #5639 on: March 25, 2021, 10:10:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 9492
Got my second shot yesterday  , Wednesday morning along with my wife .

today is almost over , neither my wife or myself have had any reaction what so ever to the shot we can tell.  hope it wasn’t a placebo.. :D
congrats!  got my second one on the 12th.  no side effects other than a sore arm around the injection that lasted a day.