Author Topic: Kyrie Makes All-NBA Second Team  (Read 7265 times)

Re: Kyrie Makes All-NBA Second Team
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2019, 07:25:22 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

But this isn't the thread to talk about that.

This thread is to congratulate Kyrie.

There's another thread for trading Kyrie for a bunch of assets.

???

Since he's a FA I don't know how we would even do that ... and to my memory nobody has suggested trading him for "a bunch of assets."

Also . . . this is a thread about Kyrie being voted to the All-NBA 2nd team. 

If this thread were titled "The Kyrie Irving Celebration Thread" I would understand the complaining about negative responses.

You were the one that brought up the one year thing. 

If the Celts re-sign Kyrie and trade for AD, I will be very worried about how that might blow up, but I will also be very interested to see it play out on the court.

I certainly hope the Celts retain both players for more than just a year, though.  That would be a disaster.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2019, 07:26:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Can't wait for June 20 so that all this will be settled once and for all.

Less than a month remaining to resolve all this stuff about Kyrie and AD.

I'm with you there 100%.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2019, 07:27:43 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

But this isn't the thread to talk about that.

This thread is to congratulate Kyrie.

There's another thread for trading Kyrie for a bunch of assets.

???

Since he's a FA I don't know how we would even do that ... and to my memory nobody has suggested trading him for "a bunch of assets."

Also . . . this is a thread about Kyrie being voted to the All-NBA 2nd team. 

If this thread were titled "The Kyrie Irving Celebration Thread" I would understand the complaining about negative responses.

You were the one that brought up the one year thing. 

If the Celts re-sign Kyrie and trade for AD, I will be very worried about how that might blow up, but I will also be very interested to see it play out on the court.

I certainly hope the Celts retain both players for more than just a year, though.  That would be a disaster.

You said the Celts traded a bunch of assets for Kyrie.

Check your previous post.

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2019, 07:34:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Incorrect.

"that probably means the Celts traded a bunch of assets only to see both stars leave, right?"

The only way the Celts acquire AD in the first place is to "trade a bunch of assets" for him.

So if Kyrie and AD only play one season together, that would mean they moved some major pieces (e.g. Tatum and/or Brown, for starters) for a single season of AD.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2019, 07:40:28 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

Incorrect.

"that probably means the Celts traded a bunch of assets only to see both stars leave, right?"

The only way the Celts acquire AD in the first place is to "trade a bunch of assets" for him.

So if Kyrie and AD only play one season together, that would mean they moved some major pieces (e.g. Tatum and/or Brown, for starters) for a single season of AD.

What I said was there's a different thread to talk about the Celts trading a bunch of assets for Kyrie and Kyrie might leave.

There's no mention here of getting AD.

All I said was there's a different thread for your comment about the Celts trading a bunch of assets for Kyrie and Kyrie might leave.

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2019, 07:45:02 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
On the subject of getting AD and Kyrie and AD might leave after one season, I think it will be worth it.

OKC gambled on Paul George not leaving even if Paul George didn't commit to OKC when OKC traded for him.

The Raptors gambled on Kawhi, trading their best player, DeRozan, for one year of Kawhi.
Look where the Raptors are right now.

One great season trumps multiple seasons of being a middle of the pack team.

I mean as good as Tatum and Brown are, they're not going to take the Celts to the NBA Finals.

Kyrie leaving, not getting Anthony Davis, and being stuck with Jaylen and Jayson means the Celts will become the next Brooklyn Nets.

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2019, 07:49:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

What I said was there's a different thread to talk about the Celts trading a bunch of assets for Kyrie and Kyrie might leave.

There's no mention here of getting AD.

All I said was there's a different thread for your comment about the Celts trading a bunch of assets for Kyrie and Kyrie might leave.

Sigh. 

Hablas espanol?

I don't speak it very well, but maybe that would work better.

It's worth a try.

ッ\_(ツ)_/ッ
- Mark Twain

« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2019, 07:52:36 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Congrats Kyrie!

I hope he stays. I think he can be something even more special here in Boston. With all the kyrie hate here, I swear, if we land AD, people would be crying about how much he sucks too by the time post-all star break comes.
- LilRip

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2019, 07:53:51 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Kyrie is now also eligible for the super max contract that only the Celts can offer.

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2019, 07:57:26 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Kyrie is now also eligible for the super max contract that only the Celts can offer.

That's not true. Supermaxes can only be offered by teams that drafted a player.

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2019, 08:00:23 PM »

Offline zeitgeist49

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
   Anyone can utilize stats to make their argument more compelling. Stats can reveal some significant insights, but, overall, their value is limited. I place more value on "eye test", watching how the team performs together. Last night I watched highlights of the 80's Celtics/Lakers rivalry. I had forgotten the degree to which the Bird era Celts played as a team, with their phenomenal passing and team spirit. Of course, it's not fair to compare the Bird era Celts with the current team. It seems even trite to compare the teams. However, I believe it is a mistake to minimize chemistry, comraderie and playing for each other.
   This past year, the team was simply a collection of individual players, who showed no heart. The divisiveness was palpable and the effort inconsistent. Irving would never have pulled his divisive, off the court antics with Bird or Lebron on his team. The contention that  Irving is an all-star is unassailable. The contention that Irving has been a bad fit with Stevens and the Celts is also unassailable.

« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2019, 08:01:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Okay, let's halt everything right there. Let's let the mods do their jobs and decide what's allowed to be discussed in threads.

Clearly, this one went off the rails. Let's get back on subject of Kyrie and his selection to the All-NBA 2nd team.

« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2019, 08:05:06 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
It seems as if every thread about Kyrie goes off the rails from what was originally being discussed. Sad state of affairs everything is so polarizing. Anyways, congrats Kyrie. Probably the best all-round season of his career.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2019, 08:08:25 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392

That's not true. Supermaxes can only be offered by teams that drafted a player.

Is this true? Or is it bird rights that matter?
- LilRip

« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2019, 08:11:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Congrats to Kyrie! Clear career highs in assists and rebounding alongside elite efficiency and his best defence to date, while still scoring 24PPG.

'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)