Author Topic: Kyrie Makes All-NBA Second Team  (Read 7462 times)

Re: Kyrie Makes All-NBA Second Team
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2019, 05:03:09 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
It's really sad that you can't have a simple thread to congratulate a player on an accomplishment without it getting hijacked yet again.

I'm not contributing to it anymore, I'm not going to argue with anyone in this thread. Just take it to the Kyrie complaint thread.

If the moderators seriously won't entertain the idea of being able to block/ignore users, they should at least give us the ability to hide a post in threads...

Every time some Irving thread gets created, people just come out of the wood work and just post gibberish with absolutely no supporting evidence.

So you’re just going to give away an All Star just because he said silly things? And I meant to say desperate to find thing to dislike but I was cutoff. I do think it’s odd that people seemingly wants to just let him walk after one bad series.

See, this is an example of the problem with discussions surrounding this topic.

Not once in this thread have I said a single thing about letting Kyrie go, re-signing Kyrie, or whatever.

This is a thread about the All-NBA team.

Yet you've jumped straight to the topic that you're agitated about, apparently.  Who cares what the thread is about or what other people have actually said?

My point is that yes, Kyrie absolutely deserves All-NBA if you're looking only at his numbers.

To me, though, he wasn't in the top 6 guards in the league this season in terms of adding value to his team.  I believe that because I think that the value a player brings to a team can't be measured accurately if you're only looking at the numbers.

Okay... Name the top 6 guards in this season in terms of adding value not named Steph.

Because there is no way you can argue Westbrook or Kemba should even be up there...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2019, 05:06:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Why is it that with some on this board Kyrie can do no wrong
Why are there some people on this board that would rather strawman than have actual discussion?

Kyrie Irving is a great basketball player. Kyrie Irving has not proved to be good for the Boston Celtics. The team had a poorer record with him playing more games this season, and a much poorer record with him in the playoffs. No amount of individual awards or stats can change those facts.

I know people love to forget he played at all last year, but Kyrie played 60 games last season. In those games, we had a 68% win percentage - which we did not maintain after he went down.

In the playoffs last year, we went 11-8 (58% win percentage). This season we went 5-4 in the playoffs (56%). So we didn't exactly fall from juggernaut status now did we?

End of the day 11 wins in the playoffs is a heck better than 5 wins

Give credit where its due

Oy vey. That wasn't his argument though.

And I've given credit. I've congratulated Terry and Co. on winning the Moral Victory Championship.

Wow

This is not Kyrie Celtics.. or Rondo Celtics....this is about the Boston Celtics

Team comes 1st over any individual

I couldnt be more proud of the 2017-2018 team accomplishment.  It had no business getting as far as they did.

I'm glad they got as far as they did. But at the end of the day, they did not win. There's no banners for almost making the Finals.

I'm all about the Boston Celtics as a team. I want to see us raise banner 18. But I'm not emotional enough to think we can do that without elite players. In today's NBA, you need talent. You need stars. And no, sometimes that talent isn't homegrown or a binky player.

We're talking about punting on the opportunity to bring back an All-NBA, All-Star talent and possibly adding another All-NBA, All-Star, All-Defensive talent via trade to run it back with a group that already showed they couldn't get it done because of.... feelings?

But I'm the one who puts individual over team. Okay.

Look I didnt mean it like that

We are after the same thing (banner)

Just dont agree in the manner to go after it

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2019, 05:23:38 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

So you’re just going to give away an All Star just because he said silly things? And I meant to say desperate to find thing to dislike but I was cutoff. I do think it’s odd that people seemingly wants to just let him walk after one bad series.

See, this is an example of the problem with discussions surrounding this topic.

Not once in this thread have I said a single thing about letting Kyrie go, re-signing Kyrie, or whatever.

This is a thread about the All-NBA team.

Yet you've jumped straight to the topic that you're agitated about, apparently.  Who cares what the thread is about or what other people have actually said?

My point is that yes, Kyrie absolutely deserves All-NBA if you're looking only at his numbers.

To me, though, he wasn't in the top 6 guards in the league this season in terms of adding value to his team.  I believe that because I think that the value a player brings to a team can't be measured accurately if you're only looking at the numbers.

Okay... Name the top 6 guards in this season in terms of adding value not named Steph.

Because there is no way you can argue Westbrook or Kemba should even be up there...

Curry, Harden, Dame, Beal, Klay, Kemba

I agree with you that Westbrook shouldn't have gotten it.  Westbrook to me is a guy who does a lot of things on the court but doing a lot of things doesn't necessarily translate to making your team better.

I probably wouldn't argue for Mike Conley or Jrue Holiday, but I wouldn't blame somebody for arguing they ought to be considered on account of leadership & consistency (in Conley's case) or defense (in Holiday's case).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 05:28:52 PM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2019, 05:29:38 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
For the sake of unity in the fan base Danny should sign and trade Kyrie. He divides the fan base.

For the sake of my sanity, and the team's success, I'd rather keep Kyrie and purge all his critics. Let them go root for the Lima Beans.

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2019, 05:55:19 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
For the sake of unity in the fan base Danny should sign and trade Kyrie. He divides the fan base.

For the sake of my sanity, and the team's success, I'd rather keep Kyrie and purge all his critics. Let them go root for the Lima Beans.

Fans criticize players that is part of the gig. Now can you name any other Celtic that has caused this amount of division among fans and players alike

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2019, 05:58:10 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
It's really sad that you can't have a simple thread to congratulate a player on an accomplishment without it getting hijacked yet again.

I'm not contributing to it anymore, I'm not going to argue with anyone in this thread. Just take it to the Kyrie complaint thread.

If the moderators seriously won't entertain the idea of being able to block/ignore users, they should at least give us the ability to hide a post in threads...

Every time some Irving thread gets created, people just come out of the wood work and just post gibberish with absolutely no supporting evidence.

I continue to hold out hope for an ignore button.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2019, 06:08:33 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622

Ooooof...... Lima Beans are the worst

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2019, 06:19:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I'm with you.

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2019, 06:23:07 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Doesnt people realize that kyrie sucks?

I mean most of this board want to blame everything on him

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2019, 06:45:48 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The shame here is that a thread that is supposed to be congratulatory is being filled with negative opinions about him.

Those comments should be in that Kyrie complaint thread that Nick generated.

Simply embarrassing.

Perhaps the best PG we've had on this team in ages and folks want to nit-pick....

Folks tarred and feathered Rondo...."can't shoot...stat-stuffer....."

Folks tarred and feathered IT4...."Too short....worst defensive player EVER...."

LOOK - go nitpick in the Kyrie complaint thread. PLEASE leave THIS THREAD to congratulate Kyrie.

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2019, 06:49:33 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Kyrie deserved it.

He averaged a career-high 6.9 assists per game this season.

As for Kyrie causing division among fans, I think the best case scenario is Kyrie plays one more season in Boston.

If Kyrie is really not a good fit in Boston then he can leave next summer.

One season with Anthony Davis and Kyrie Irving playing together in Boston is all I'm asking for.

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2019, 07:05:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Kyrie deserved it.

As for Kyrie causing division among fans, I think the best case scenario is Kyrie plays one more season in Boston.

One season with Anthony Davis and Kyrie Irving playing together in Boston is all I'm asking for.

You realize if it's just one season that probably means the Celts traded a bunch of assets only to see both stars leave, right?

Quote from: GreenFaith1819
The shame here is that a thread that is supposed to be congratulatory is being filled with negative opinions about him.

The thread is titled "Kyrie Makes All-NBA Second Team."

Discussing whether or not he ought to have made All-NBA is an on-topic response.

I think it's absurd to suggest that any post that is negative re: Kyrie should be relegated to a single post intended for "complaints."
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2019, 07:10:31 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Kyrie deserved it.

You realize if it's just one season that probably means the Celts traded a bunch of assets only to see both stars leave, right?

Discussing whether or not he ought to have made All-NBA is an on-topic response.

I think it's absurd to suggest that any post that is negative re: Kyrie should be relegated to a single post intended for "complaints."

Then why do you think that Nick generated that thread then?

Some of you all will go on ad infinitum about what Kyrie is (and isn't).

For ME? I know he's still a work in progress but then why is GH getting a free pass here AND Coach Stevens? Those two (as well as others) have as much responsibility as to why some here don't like Kyrie and think he doesn't deserve this award.

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2019, 07:20:00 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Kyrie deserved it.

But this isn't the thread to talk about that.

This thread is to congratulate Kyrie.

There's another thread for trading Kyrie for a bunch of assets.

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2019, 07:21:54 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Can't wait for June 20 so that all this will be settled once and for all.

Less than a month remaining to resolve all this stuff about Kyrie and AD.