Author Topic: First Round Game 4 Boston Celtics @ Atlanta Hawks 4/28/08 (8:00 PM TNT, CSN)  (Read 79474 times)

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The third quarter looked like the Celtics ... playing monster D and attacking the basket ... but only the third quarter. Sad, bacause all they had to do was sustain a 10 point lead against an over-matched team. Then Rondo goes out, and the offense dies. Rage is far more important to this team winning than many people think, and if Doc stays with these "scratch-your-head" rotations, we're in for a very rough time, indeed. (Note - I know there's much more to the loss than this, but I'm talking about this aspect at the moment)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I'm thinking of a specific series last year
in the Western Conference...

In the words of the Beastie Boys:

GET IT TOGETHER!

I am so not ready to lose to those
lowly Hawks...

Offline RaysFanClub

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
They might as well roll out the red carpet for Joe Johnson, they got beat by 2 players in the last quarter.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Interesting box score

Mike Bibby finished with 18 points. He had 18 at half time. He only had 8 shots for the entire game.

Al Horford only got 6 shots, making 1, for 4 points.

Their bench scored four points.

Second half the Hawks outrebounded the Celtics 21-11, 37-36 overall to Atlanta. Celtics had 15 offensive rebounds to 8.
The Celtics had 10 more assists
The Hawks turned it over 17 times to the Celtics 10
Combined blocks+steals Celtics win 14-12
Celtics shot 53% from three on 23 attempts. They only shot 22-63 on two point shots for what 35%.
FTs, Atlanta shot 88% on 33 attempts for 29 makes, Celtics shot 10-18 for 55%

Leon Powe had 3 and 2 in 22 minutes
Rondo shot 6-16
Ray shot 8-14, only player to shoot above 50% while taking 5 or more shots
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 01:48:17 AM by Who »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
You guys can check out my game recap at this link.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Atalnta's offensive execution tonight was poor. They didn't establish the post. They didn't move the ball well, nowhere near as well as Game Three. In the second half their offense only consisted of one-on-one basketball. They gave away silly turnovers.

Their defense was pretty solid but not exceptional. The Celtics were wide open from downtown all night. Ray Allen was open on every screen he ran off off the ball all night long. They struggled with Pierce in the mid post, especially Marvin. KG got good looks all night whether in the paint or jump shots. Rondo got into the paint easily.

They didn't play that well. They left the door open many times tonight. Obviously the start of the first and third quarters stand out.

Joe Johnson had a miraculous fourth quarter. Outside of that, this loss had very little to do with Atlanta.

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Man, I'm going to be losing sleep tonight...I didn't watch the game. So far I've heard the loss is due to the refs, not stopping JJ, and our rotation. There's some points mentioned about going back to our old rotation, I totally agree, except playing the big 3 more than we did in the season. I also want Eddie House over Sam Cassell right now...I'm just baffled by this loss (and the previous one, although less), can someone explain to me what is wrong ???
Is it just a simple case of the hawks wanting it more than us? Nonetheless I'm very disappointed... :'(
Anything is possible!!!

Offline 1On1

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
Yeah, I don't buy the shot clock and other hardware malfunctions in game 3 and 4.  That aside though, Doc, how many points does JJ need to score before you change your plays?!  It just seems like C's are playing like they are afraid to lose rather than STOMP on Hawks.  Who's house is it anyway on Game 5?

1On1

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
Interesting box score

Mike Bibby finished with 18 points. He had 18 at half time. He only had 8 shots for the entire game.

Al Horford only got 6 shots, making 1, for 4 points.

Their bench scored four points.

Second half the Hawks outrebounded the Celtics 21-11, 37-36 overall to Atlanta. Celtics had 15 offensive rebounds to 8.
The Celtics had 10 more assists
The Hawks turned it over 17 times to the Celtics 10
Combined blocks+steals Celtics win 14-12
Celtics shot 53% from three on 23 attempts. They only shot 22-63 on two point shots for what 35%.
FTs, Atlanta shot 88% on 33 attempts for 29 makes, Celtics shot 10-18 for 55%

Leon Powe had 3 and 2 in 22 minutes
Rondo shot 6-16
Ray shot 8-14, only player to shoot above 50% while taking 5 or more shots
Yea it is an interesting box score,on paper,it looks like we won.I think the foul shots is what got us,besides  J.Johnson.But from looking at this box score report,we didn't play a terrible game.Its who has the most momentum in the end of it,when its close like that,usually.

Offline Smitty

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 11
Let me preface this by saying that it is the end of the semester and grades are soon due, therefore I watched game 4 off and on.

Here are my thoughts.  We will NOT go far in the playoffs as long as KG doesn't take the ball inside and finish by dunking.  Ditto for PP falling in love with the 3-point shot and not mixing it up with driving to the lane.  As someone else said, Perk needs to be in there more as he brings toughness and rebounding that we simply lack without him.  Also, Doc has GOT to trust Rondo and go with him.  We will go ONLY as far as a Rondo-led team takes us.  He has been our QB all year and NOW is NOT the time to take the ball away from him.  Also, IF Powe is not willing to play harder, Big Baby should get more minutes.  I am NOT impressed at all with Posey or Cassell thus far.