Author Topic: First Round Game 4 Boston Celtics @ Atlanta Hawks 4/28/08 (8:00 PM TNT, CSN)  (Read 79982 times)

Offline Beantown Troy

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
What are the chances Perk gets suspended for game 5 for "leaving the bench" during the KG-Zaza scuffle?

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free
Let's not get carried away here.  I am certain we will still win this series.  I do not believe the Hawks can take one in Boston, but then again I am not sure we can take one in Atlanta.  Sad to say, but I feel this series is going 7.  However, I think this might be the only series that goes 7.  The Hawks are very athletic and we have a tought time with them.  There is not another team out there like it in the East.  I think We'll blow them out in game 5 and 7.  However, this is a good lesson.  I don't think the celtics lacked passion. They are just not good enough on the break and with the crowd they can't stop them.  Let's not lose hope people.  Lets see the real fans.  Don't turn on this team at the first sign of adversity.  Stop proving Bibby right.  CELTICS FANS STAND BY THERE TEAM NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

Offline Tommy Gun

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Why did'nt Doc double Johnson and let someone else beat us?????

Missed free throws did us in, lack of calls...pierce got grabbed going to the hoop no call

Zaza vs KG was complete BS...let some stiff take out our best player

Pierce gets fined 25k horford gets nothing
See, this is why I'm not allowed to announce NBA games -- I'd be talking in the Cookie Monster voice right now:

Ahhhhhhhhhh ... my knee hurts ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... me don't like when my knee hurts ...

Offline Bill Walton

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
I'm am sadly destroyed.

Offline DingDongDel

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Any thoughts to what has happened to the D? I'm just stupified as to how what has been called an all-time great defense has been torn through by the Hawks.

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
LARRY! (Brown) LARRY! (Brown) LARRY! (Brown)

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
Let's not get carried away here.  I am certain we will still win this series.  I do not believe the Hawks can take one in Boston, but then again I am not sure we can take one in Atlanta.  Sad to say, but I feel this series is going 7.  However, I think this might be the only series that goes 7.  The Hawks are very athletic and we have a tought time with them.  There is not another team out there like it in the East.  I think We'll blow them out in game 5 and 7.  However, this is a good lesson.  I don't think the celtics lacked passion. They are just not good enough on the break and with the crowd they can't stop them.  Let's not lose hope people.  Lets see the real fans.  Don't turn on this team at the first sign of adversity.  Stop proving Bibby right.  CELTICS FANS STAND BY THERE TEAM NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

That is true, this type of athletic team is the only one that gave the C's any trouble this year. Washington and Bobcats fall in this category.

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

That is true, this type of athletic team is the only one that gave the C's any trouble this year. Washington and Bobcats fall in this category.

Well, the Cavaliers have LeBron...I would call that young and athletic.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
This is seriously the most upset I've been in a long time. The Celts had every chance to win this one, and totally stunk. The refs were horrible, and took our heart out in the first quarter with some really bad calls, benching the core of our team. Then the rotation was totally wrong, and the momentum was screwed up. We played one really good quarter ... about 3/4 of the third, we looked like US, playing D and attacking the basket. Then we couldn't buy a basket in the 4th, and made less than half of our free-throws .... which is pathetic! These Hawks had more passion, more ref sympathy, better shooting, etc, etc, etc ... ad nauseum!
The Celtics played one good quarter ... in the playoffs, people! What the heck has to happen to get these guys fired up?!? I don't get it ... all they had to do was sustain a 10 point lead for 12 freaking minutes, and couldn't ... sad .... really sad and disappointing, and if I wasn't so addicted to this blog, I wouldn't even be talking about it. The odds were against us with the refs and Atlanta shooting, but we still should have won this one easily ... really sad. Horrible.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline ktw7

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
The Hawks present matchup problems, sure. And they're played well. But if Doc F%*%ing Rivers would use common sense, like running plays for the hot hands (ray allen), not putting your worst defender (allen again) on their best player (johnson), and not playing a guy who looks completely out of sorts (big baby), the celtics would be up 3-1.

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
I might be in the minority here but IMO Doc needs to scrap this playoff rotation & go back to what won us 66 games. The reason we have been so hard to beat during the regular season was because it was more than the Big 3 you had to stop. The last two games we have lost, the bench has only scored a total of 24 pts & has been effectively a non-factor. Seems like the team is relying too much on the Big 3 & forgeting what got them here in the first place...UBUNTU!!!

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
I might be in the minority here but IMO Doc needs to scrap this playoff rotation & go back to what won us 66 games. The reason we have been so hard to beat during the regular season was because it was more than the Big 3 you had to stop. The last two games we have lost, the bench has only scored a total of 24 pts & has been effectively a non-factor. Seems like the team is relying too much on the Big 3 & forgeting what got them here in the first place...UBUNTU!!!

TP for you. Exactly, if it isn't broke don't fix it.

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Where is Tony Allen!!!!!!!!!!

He could defend Joe Johnson..... he's strong enough and quick enough...... Joe might have the height on TA, but TA is quick enough...... use TA as a defender only and don't let him touch the ball on offense ( be like Bruce Bowen ).

Also, where has the ball movement gone????  The ball movement we enjoyed all season is gone....... out the window.....

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

TP for you. Exactly, if it isn't broke don't fix it.

Totally, guys ... TP for both of you ... way too much rotation, and the starting five should be playing even MORE than they did in the regular season. This is the playoffs ... this is what it's all about ... why they get paid what they do, and they should be playing their butts off and their hearts out.

Look at the minutes the starting five on most other teams in the playoffs get .... it's much more than the C's on average. Great we have a deep bench when there's foul trouble, or they need a blow, but our stars should be earning their money, taking over 30 minutes each easily, and slammin' it down!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
Not impressed at all.

When the fourth started the team settled for outside shots that they weren't making while Atlanta kept taking it in the paint.  We may have spoke too early saying "yawn" or "bring out the brooms."

I am severely disappointed, but the hungry team won.