Author Topic: It's Larry Legends Turn.  (Read 6580 times)

Re: It's Larry Legends Turn.
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 11:49:24 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Not that this would ever happen,but i think Bird sees some qualities in Granger in his 4thyear,as McHale saw in KG when he was in his prime,a good chance of winning it all if they put the right pieces around him.
Agreed -- Larry ridiculously overvalues all of his players ... none more so than Danny Granger.

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 11:50:14 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If this is true, I wonder if Bird might clean house first?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

The Pacers, under the current lease with the city of Indianapolis, pay for the yearly operating costs of about $15 million to run Conseco Fieldhouse. The team can't afford that and it was announced Tuesday that the city must take over those costs or the Pacers may look to move out of Indianapolis if something isn't agreed to by June 30.

"We've been having conversations with the Ballard administration for two years," Pacers Sports & Entertainment President Jim Morris told The Indianapolis Star, "and we're now at the point where we need to wrap this up in the next 30, 40 days."

If that doesn't happen, he said, "Herb Simon would have to look at all of his options."

Including moving the team?

"Herb would look at all of his options," Morris repeated.

"We have not had conversations with other cities. We do not want the team to move," Morris said. "In the event that we're not able to address the issues, you have to look at all your options, but Herb has never threatened to move the team, and it's not a matter of leverage; it's a matter of trying to find a way to make this work."

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 12:03:13 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Indiana have a lot of cap space next season with Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy, TJ Ford, Jeff Foster and Jamaal Tinsley all coming off the books (about $43 million in expiring contracts). Indiana will only be left with something in the neighborhood of $20 million on their cap that summer.

No need to clean house.

Also, this problem has existed for several years now and Indiana have never dumped salaries because of it + they had the opportunity to dump Murphy's salary this past season and chose not to.

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 12:26:14 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Indiana have a lot of cap space next season with Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy, TJ Ford, Jeff Foster and Jamaal Tinsley all coming off the books (about $43 million in expiring contracts). Indiana will only be left with something in the neighborhood of $20 million on their cap that summer.

No need to clean house.

Also, this problem has existed for several years now and Indiana have never dumped salaries because of it + they had the opportunity to dump Murphy's salary this past season and chose not to.

I mean more because he is angry that they are leaving his home state of Indiana. 

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 12:40:40 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Yes, it's time for Memphis to give us Marc Gasol for the rights to his younger brother.