Author Topic: Wolves Blast Bucks in Preseason Opener  (Read 7332 times)

Re: Wolves Blast Bucks in Preseason Opener
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 07:34:21 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
i'm telling you guys, the uniforms look like they are covering the old one cause after garnett left, they can't wear it anymore with a face.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 08:15:22 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I don't think Redd will be enough to keep the Bucks from being the worst team in the league this year. Maybe i'm overrating how bad I think they are, but on paper they are truly a horrific team.

The Bucks played without 3 of their starters (Bogut, Ridnour, Jefferson only played 7 minutes) and 5 of their predictable top-10 men rotation (add Bell and Alexander).

I believe they will struggle, but they won't be the worst team in the league for sure. How are they going to be worse than last season?

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 08:24:47 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I don't like Big Al at 5. I think he's playing 5 because the wolves do not have a legit starting or back up at center position. they never should have drafted corey brewer, what i would have done is trade down and draft joakim noah or spencer hawes, that way they could have big al play 4, have either noah or hawes at 5, gomes at 3 and OJ Mayo at 2. I think Kevin Love is a scrub.

The problem is that Big Al can't defend PFs. He's terrible defending centers, but even worse defending PFs.

You are wrong about Kevin Love, in my opinion.

I'd like the Love-Jefferson combo if it wasn't for defense. Love is a solid defender, but he lacks length. Al is a very bad defender who lacks height and can't guard PFs, his natural offensive position. They have the draft rights to Pekovic, another offensive beast, a true center, but no more than an average defender who lacks length (and, like Big Al, can only guard centers, not PFs).

They need a creative head coach to make this work or they will have to trade one of these guys.

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 11:05:48 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I said several weeks ago that the Wolves would be a .500 (or better) team this year and I'll stick by that.  I realize it is only one game, but with Foye healthy, they become much better.  Also, Love is the perfect complement to Big Al.  If you double Al down low, Love will kill you from the outside.
I think the Wolves have enough an offense of a .500 team.
But I don't think they have the defense of a .500 team.

It'll be interesting to see if they can make that defense respectable enough to allow them to have 35-41 wins, or if they can increase their offensive prowess enough for it not to matter. One of those two things have to happen ... I'm not confident it will but I wouldn't rule it out either, it could happen.

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 01:56:54 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Mark Madsen's stat line: 14 mins, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 4 fouls

Yeah seriously, why did they start Madsen over Love?

B/c Madsen has been there through thick and thin and he won't see more than 5-10 garbage minutes per game during the regular season or post....well, there is no post season for Minnesota.

No assortment of these players will make this a playoff contending team. Maybe if they were in the east...but West conference is locked with at least 10 teams for sure, and Minnesota is not one of those, neither is Sacramento.

The best fix for this team would be a massive trade of young talent and washed up players for a big name in a bad city, and maybe some late season pickups after buyouts...Cardinal,Carney,Collins for Marbury...still not good enough...I give up. There are no trades to make this team good. You can trade garbage players for garbage players with other bad teams (Nets and bucks trade) or (Memphis and Minne trade)...it does nothing for playoff contention. Teams like OKC,Minne,Bucks...it will time another 2-3 seasons for them to be good enough to make noise, unless some Jordan/LeBron pops up out of nowhere in next years draft
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 02:55:03 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
I think Love and Al are far from perfect complements... but it could be worse.  I still don't think either is a long term center, but hopefully Al can learn.  I still love that team despite my detest for their management, from the head coach on up (except for Freddy Hoiberg... I'm pretty fond of him).

I agree with what you are saying there man...and I like Freddy too. I personally liked Dwayne Casey as the head coach, I don't think he was really given a chance to prove himself with his short stinct there.

I'm also a fan of Foye and McCants, Foye can be an allstar, Shaddy can be great off the bench with his scoring.

How does that jersey get approved?

I don't know, but maybe a caveman can design better than whoever designed those wolves jersey.
Anything is possible!!!