Author Topic: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?  (Read 90741 times)

Re: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?
« Reply #585 on: July 09, 2018, 09:06:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
https://twitter.com/chrisgrenham/status/1016406245706645505

Danny Ainge is still a Terry Rozier fan. So am I.

#StillHereNeverLeft

Ainge and Rozier must have some kind of relationship. You have to think one of the reasons we aren't signing Smart to a long-term deal is because Ainge would rather give that money to Rozier.

I really enjoyed Evan Turner's sense of humor when he was here; Rozier has more than made up for it.
I am not sure Ainge is sour on signing Smart to money Smart is asking for because he has a good relationship with Rozier. I think Ainge is just an intelligent businessman and is trying to do what is right for the Cs.

What is right for the Celtics this season is to continue to develop this team into a title contender while not going into the tax penalty this year. What is right for the Celtics is retaining Smart at the lowest possible salary while maintaining the team's strength and not going into the penalty tax.

It sucks Smart is coming off his rookie deal in this offseason of limited money being available. And it does suck for Smart that Rozier is a Celtic and so makes him replaceable but Rozier isn't the main reason Smart isn't getting big bucks from Boston right now.

« Reply #586 on: July 09, 2018, 09:17:09 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Oh, I agree Nick - I made that statement sort-of tongue and cheek. It has just been interesting to see Rozier and Ainge interact in the last year or so ("Danny won't trade me", draft night call, this little video). I would imagine there is more out there that the public doesn't see.

Danny is totally doing what he should regarding Smart's contract while a number of other GMs end up caving and bidding against themselves for the betterment of the relationship. Obviously it would be wonderful to keep the whole gang together, but that will be impossible as contracts begin to expire.

« Reply #587 on: July 09, 2018, 09:21:03 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
https://twitter.com/chrisgrenham/status/1016406245706645505

Danny Ainge is still a Terry Rozier fan. So am I.

#StillHereNeverLeft

If I showed that clip to somebody who didn't know better and asked what they saw, do you think they'd see a former All-Star who spent 14 years in the NBA vs a current starter level NBA player or some high school history teacher trying to post up one of his students?

Danny looks like he never played basketball in his life in that clip lol.  And without any other "normal sized" humans on the court for comparison, they don't look so tall either.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:28:53 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #588 on: July 10, 2018, 08:39:06 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Idea: Rozier + Williams(#27) for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander(#11)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1p4CMF-RaA&feature=youtu.be

The Clips lost Jordan and replaced him with Gortat. Their backup center is Marjanovic. It's only logical to assume that they could have a use for Williams.

« Reply #589 on: July 10, 2018, 09:12:58 AM »

Offline kmart12

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20

The Clips lost Jordan and replaced him with Gortat. Their backup center is Marjanovic. It's only logical to assume that they could have a use for Williams.

They may have use for him, but they also have use for any player with all-star level potential. Shai has all of the upside of Williams, without the headaches, and then some. Rozier's a potential starting caliber NBA player, but the Clippers needs homeruns before they settle for base hits.

« Reply #590 on: July 10, 2018, 09:13:39 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Folks, how would you rate my comparison?

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander ~ Eddie Jones
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #591 on: July 10, 2018, 09:21:53 AM »

Offline kmart12

• Kristaps Porzingis

Do you project Shai to play SG in the NBA? He's currently playing PG and has less catch and shoot ability than Jones. I don't see it other than the body type/size comparison.

« Reply #592 on: July 10, 2018, 09:32:55 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Do you project Shai to play SG in the NBA? He's currently playing PG and has less catch and shoot ability than Jones. I don't see it other than the body type/size comparison.
Yup, I see him as a wing. Quick, long arms, plays the passing lanes well, not a natural great volume shooter but capable, as Eddie. Measurements are similar, regarding the fact that Shai came to the league 2 years younger.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #593 on: July 10, 2018, 09:35:04 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Yup, I see him as a wing. Quick, long arms, plays the passing lanes well, not a natural great volume shooter but capable, as Eddie. Measurements are similar, regarding the fact that Shai came to the league 2 years younger.
I don't think SGA will ever be an All-Star like Jones, but I think the similarity in playstyle is there. I'd revisit this deal at the trade deadline, but at the moment I'd still say no
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #594 on: July 10, 2018, 09:46:15 AM »

Offline kmart12

• Kristaps Porzingis

I don't think SGA will ever be an All-Star like Jones, but I think the similarity in playstyle is there. I'd revisit this deal at the trade deadline, but at the moment I'd still say no

I think he has major upside and would definitely consider this trade on our end; I didn't understand the appeal from the perspective of the Clippers, though. I envision him playing PG ultimately, but either way he has a smooth and versatile game with two-way potential (which, I guess I similar to Jones?). A nice pick for the Clippers, certainly.

« Reply #595 on: July 10, 2018, 09:59:26 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I think he has major upside and would definitely consider this trade on our end; I didn't understand the appeal from the perspective of the Clippers, though. I envision him playing PG ultimately, but either way he has a smooth and versatile game with two-way potential (which, I guess I similar to Jones?). A nice pick for the Clippers, certainly.
I agree, I just view Rozier's availability in a trade as very dependent on whether or not we keep Smart. I totally understand wanting to move for a guy with more upside and good physical tools, but we should also be trying our best to win #18 this year. I think Rozier helps that more than SGA would in 2018/2019
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #596 on: July 10, 2018, 10:01:49 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

They may have use for him, but they also have use for any player with all-star level potential. Shai has all of the upside of Williams, without the headaches, and then some. Rozier's a potential starting caliber NBA player, but the Clippers needs homeruns before they settle for base hits.
Thing is, Rozier is a safer bet than SGA. Plus Doc is a 'win now' coach. He isn't exactly famous for developing rookies. If the Clips want to stay competitive next season, it's possible that they have some interest in this.

Having said that, I totally understand your point of view.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:11:31 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #597 on: January 14, 2019, 10:28:10 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Maybe bumping this will bring some reverse jinx karma or something.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #598 on: January 14, 2019, 10:35:58 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
hope he's traded
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 11:04:34 PM by rondofan1255 »

« Reply #599 on: January 15, 2019, 12:32:27 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Maybe bumping this will bring some reverse jinx karma or something.

A great bump. I bet this is one of the more fascinating threads to read through in its entirety.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008