Author Topic: Three way trade idea to obtain Bradley Beal. And become a legit contender  (Read 8617 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think Beal is the missing piece to give the Celts a legit true chance to raise a banner.   

This could be the path to make it happen

1st trade
To Nuggets:  Smart, Theis
To Celtics:  Harris,  2 future 1sts

2nd trade - main pieces
To Bulls: Walker
To Celtics: Beal
To Wizards:  Otto Porter Jr., Harris,  2 Bulls 1sts,  2 Nuggets 1st,  (if it takes another Celtics 1st or bunch of 2nds, thats fine)

Celtics lineup post trade

TT
Tatum
Brown
Langford
Beal

Timelord
Semi/Grant
Green/Nesmith
Teague
Pritchard

Celts do give up experience and depth in Smart, Walker and Theis.  But is there anybody here that wouldn't trade these players plus a bunch of 1sts for Beal??

Ultimately this trade ideas gets to the final destination

Celts have enough sandpaper/versatility on D to makeup the loss of Smart.   

Walker may never be the same player again. But seems/sounds like per rumors prior to the season, that Bulls would take that risk while getting something back for an expiring Porter Jr contract.   

Chances that this trade could happen?  50/50. Because 1st Beal would need to become available.   2nd Ainge would need to build up the guts to trade Walker.   3rd emotional strength to part ways with Smart.   4th possibly having to compete with a team like OKC who can easily throw 4 or 5 1sts for Beal.   

If the avenue/everything above is lined up to obtain Beal,  yes or no to this trade idea?   Are the Celtics legit contenders to get past the Heat and dethrone Lakers for the title?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 03:10:02 PM by Tr1boy »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I don't think the Nuggets will trade Harris.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Kemba, Smart, Theis, and maybe another 1st or two for Beal? I don't know - that's too rich for me.

We can get to a Beal trade on our own if we do a Smart/Thompson combination with picks. I am not sure how excited WAS is to trade Beal, but in this scenario we keep Kemba (which is a pretty huge keep) and keep Theis over TT (which is basically a wash). And honestly, Smart/Thompson seems like a better duo for WAS than Harris/Porter.

I think many people like the idea of adding Beal while holding onto Tatum/Brown so it's not too far fetched, but I don't love all the pieces you have going out, especially since I am apparently a lot higher on Kemba than others.

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Why wouldn't the Nuggets trade Harris? Were you thinking of Michael Porter? They'd jump all over their part of this miserable idea of a trade.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Kemba, Smart, Theis, and maybe another 1st or two for Beal? I don't know - that's too rich for me.

We can get to a Beal trade on our own if we do a Smart/Thompson combination with picks. I am not sure how excited WAS is to trade Beal, but in this scenario we keep Kemba (which is a pretty huge keep) and keep Theis over TT (which is basically a wash). And honestly, Smart/Thompson seems like a better duo for WAS than Harris/Porter.

I think many people like the idea of adding Beal while holding onto Tatum/Brown so it's not too far fetched, but I don't love all the pieces you have going out, especially since I am apparently a lot higher on Kemba than others.

Kemba may never be the same again.  Or if he is 80 percent of his old self, would need lots of care/management

Ultimately you are trading Smart, Theis and one leg Kemba plus picks for Beal

Smart and TT is not going to bring back Beal.

Wizards want picks/high end prospects and not salary/vets in return for Beal. 

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Harris hasnt been good in the past year and a half.  Something is off

He is still young and a new change of scenery could be what the doc ordered. Salary is manageable

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I read the other day that they have been looking into exactly that- trading Harris.  His value is pretty low right now and nobody is biting.

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I think Celtics be last team Washington would do a deal with
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

read my mind.   would love to have Beal but this deal is a bit rich for my blood. 

if Kemba never gets better than 50% of what he was, this might be worth it.  if he's 80% or more, it's an overpay.  also hate the idea of no PG in that proposed starting lineup.  pretty much a bad joke the OP is complaining about Kemba's health yet proposes putting the chronically injured Langford in the starting line-up.

I really like Beal but I'm not giving up 3 starters for him

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I read the other day that they have been looking into exactly that- trading Harris.  His value is pretty low right now and nobody is biting.

Brian Windhorst on Gary Harris: He is a trade chip for them, and they have attempted to find a market for him. And there just isn’t one. I mean, they could trade him but probably not for what they want.

The Nuggets "have attempted" to locate a trade market for the 26-year-old, but "there just isn't one," ESPN's Brian Windhorst relayed on the latest episode of The Hoop Collective podcast.

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306

Kemba may never be the same again.  Or if he is 80 percent of his old self, would need lots of care/management

Ultimately you are trading Smart, Theis and one leg Kemba plus picks for Beal

Smart and TT is not going to bring back Beal.

Wizards want picks/high end prospects and not salary/vets in return for Beal.
Or he might be close to his old self and by not making any moves at all, we'd have the best team in the East. Ainge & Co have a much better idea of where Kemba will be than we do. And if he's going to be back to his old self, there's no trade we can make to recoup his value. If he's toast, no one is going to trade for him anyway with 3 years on his deal.

It's extremely unlikely Kemba is moved.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
That’s a lot to give up for Beal without knowing how good Kemba will return
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline JAH1892

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
From the ‘maybe available’ players out there Beal must be close to the perfect fit for this team, age, salary/length, pure shot, D and drives he really has it all.,...70% from 3 the other night etc etc.

If you could get a decent pick to swing the TPE then maybe?

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
We need a ban on all Kemba trade ideas.

1. In his limited time later in the year last season, he was a shell of himself;
2. His playing style and physical profile bring very little to the table if he's robbed of his quickness (i.e., he's not a big guy or savvy 3-and-D guy who could add value when limited);
3. News on his injury, and the treatment he's getting, suggest something chronic/degenerative;
4. Danny & Co. have a far better picture of his future health than any trade partner would;
5. The last guy Danny moved in a similar situation (IT) basically washed out of the league.

Now, you're another GM and Danny calls you looking to move Kemba. Knowing all of the above and that you're taking back one of the most expensive contracts in the league, why on earth would you offer anything of value in return?

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
We need a ban on all Kemba trade ideas.

1. In his limited time later in the year last season, he was a shell of himself;
2. His playing style and physical profile bring very little to the table if he's robbed of his quickness (i.e., he's not a big guy or savvy 3-and-D guy who could add value when limited);
3. News on his injury, and the treatment he's getting, suggest something chronic/degenerative;
4. Danny & Co. have a far better picture of his future health than any trade partner would;
5. The last guy Danny moved in a similar situation (IT) basically washed out of the league.

Now, you're another GM and Danny calls you looking to move Kemba. Knowing all of the above and that you're taking back one of the most expensive contracts in the league, why on earth would you offer anything of value in return?
This x10000000

TP