Author Topic: Three way trade idea to obtain Bradley Beal. And become a legit contender  (Read 8664 times)

Re: Three way trade idea to obtain Bradley Beal. And become a legit contender
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2021, 07:12:32 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I’m not fond of the idea of trading away Walker, but just for fun finagle a way trading away Smart, Thompson, Walker, TPE, and several picks for Oladipo with an extension and Beal.  Have a big backcourt with Beal and Oladipo with Tatum and Brown as your forwards. Lots of flexibility with lineups. A pipidream though not reality. Lol

I was actually lukewarm on the Oladipo idea as I was nervous paying him so much as he enters his 30s, but I’ve come around on it.
Man, that would actually be crazy. https://tradenba.com/trades/vkMjshipX

It doesn't work until March because of recently signed and recently traded restrictions, but imagine the team we'd have. Terrrrrrible bench, but a ludicrous starting lineup. Not sure I'd even want it, but look at the resulting team:

Oladipo / Pritchard / Teague
Beal / Langford / Green
Brown / Ojeleye / Nesmith
Tatum / G Williams
R Williams / Theis

I think I'm in the camp of someone who would rather we try and grab low-usage secondary guys like Aaron Gordon or Harrison Barnes, as our young duo provides plenty of scoring. That is, unless we could nab a binkie like Jonas V or Nikola Vucevic

Yeah, Beal is going to demand a hell of a lot more than that. IMO, he has more value than Harden did and we saw how that trade went down lol.

In theory the market for Beal should be huge. In practice, which team with a lot of expendable assets is actually going to target Beal?

Denver and Golden State have assets, but I can't think of another team that makes sense and can easily outbid Boston.

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2021, 07:51:41 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
People advocate in one thread that Kemba needs to shoot less, then advocate for trading for the guy who is shooting more than anyone in the nba in another thread. And were advocating trading for the king of bad shots - James Harden - in other threads.

That's why Danny Ainge is the GM and we're spitballing on an internet message board.

Mike

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2021, 08:10:24 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
I’m not fond of the idea of trading away Walker, but just for fun finagle a way trading away Smart, Thompson, Walker, TPE, and several picks for Oladipo with an extension and Beal.  Have a big backcourt with Beal and Oladipo with Tatum and Brown as your forwards. Lots of flexibility with lineups. A pipidream though not reality. Lol

I was actually lukewarm on the Oladipo idea as I was nervous paying him so much as he enters his 30s, but I’ve come around on it.

It doesn't work until March because of recently signed and recently traded restrictions, but imagine the team we'd have. Terrrrrrible bench, but a ludicrous starting lineup. Not sure I'd even want it, but look at the resulting team:

Beal / Langford / Green
Tatum / G Williams
R Williams / Theis

I think I'm in the camp of someone who would rather we try and grab low-usage secondary guys like Aaron Gordon or Harrison Barnes, as our young duo provides plenty of scoring. That is, unless we could nab a binkie like Jonas V or Nikola Vucevic

Yeah, Beal is going to demand a hell of a lot more than that. IMO, he has more value than Harden did and we saw how that trade went down lol.

In theory the market for Beal should be huge. In practice, which team with a lot of expendable assets is actually going to target Beal?

Denver and Golden State have assets, but I can't think of another team that makes sense and can easily outbid Boston.

I have a feeling that he’s going to be traded to Philly or Dallas. 
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2021, 08:10:57 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

Beal / Langford / Green
Tatum / G Williams
R Williams / Theis

Pelicans have two all stars ready to compete now or next season. They also have assets that might be all late picks . If I were then I would consider trading for Beal. He seems like a guy who would stick around if given the max and good teammates

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2021, 10:52:37 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Beal is better than Walker, but I'm not sure he is better by enough to matter and I do think he could potentially cause more issues with his ball dominance.  I also don't think Beal really extends the window, so I'd probably pass on acquiring him especially for what it would take to do so.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2021, 03:18:17 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Beal / Langford / Green
Tatum / G Williams
R Williams / Theis

Here are some teams that have the assets to offer a better package for Beal.

Atlanta: Hunter, Collins, Reddish, Okongwu(#6), Huerter
Golden State: Wiseman(#2), 2021 Minny 1st
Denver: Porter Jr, maybe Murray?
Philly: Simmons, Maxey(#21), Thybulle
Miami: Herro, Achiuwa(#20), D. Robinson
Minny: Edwards(#1), Beasley, McDaniels(#28), Okogie
NY: Randle, Barrett, M. Robinson, Toppin(#8), Quickley(#25), Knox
Charlotte: LaMelo(#3), PJ Washington

+ pick(s) + filler(s) if necessary

All these teams are rumored to be in the running for Beal. Not saying all these assets are expendable in case of a trade, just that these teams could possibly beat the Celtics in a bidding war for Beal.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 05:51:14 AM by Jvalin »