Author Topic: Rondo says to Max: I'll be back in 2 weeks"  (Read 9564 times)

Re: Rondo says to Max: I'll be back in 2 weeks"
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 10:16:07 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Rondo is so funny <3 I love him
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 10:19:26 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Down the stretch, superstars on the Celtics are always "two weeks away," get it?

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 10:21:08 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Down the stretch, superstars on the Celtics are always "two weeks away," get it?

No.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 10:25:20 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
But another thing, I'm confused how he was walking so regular like nothing was wrong with him at the end of the game. Of all the torn ACL's I've seen the athlete is on crutches or limping..

I guess we'll have to wait and see..

I fully tore my acl and part of my meniscus almost 2 years ago, and I walked around on it for 3 months before I got surgery.

ouch.  was it painful getting around before you had surgery?  so how did your recovery go?

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 10:33:52 PM »

Offline Mizzy21390

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16

Lol, what? I don't get it.
Yeeeaaaa!!!

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 10:47:41 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Wasn't KG always right about to come back for the playoffs after the knee?  Pierce in Spring, 2007?

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 03:31:20 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
But another thing, I'm confused how he was walking so regular like nothing was wrong with him at the end of the game. Of all the torn ACL's I've seen the athlete is on crutches or limping..

I fully tore my acl and part of my meniscus almost 2 years ago, and I walked around on it for 3 months before I got surgery.

ouch.  was it painful getting around before you had surgery?  so how did your recovery go?

It wasn't so much painful, as it was uncomfortable. Couldn't run far, or play ball outside of set shots. Walked with a bit of a limp, but outside of twisting, pivoting, turning on a dime, it didn't hurt much. Jumping just didn't happen though

ACL's are funny like that. You can go on without getting it taken care of, and live a full life, if your not an athlete of any sort. Your knee just kind of fills up with blood, so it just kind of acts like a cushion where the ligament used to be. Weird, huh?

As for the recovery, the first 2 weeks after surgery were just awful, pain-wise. But physical therapy was great. Hard, but great. I could really feel it getting stronger by the day. I had a setback with my meniscus about 6 months after, so that added to the recovery time. But I'm still doing exorcises, and I'm still not close to where I was before, although I can run and jump now. It's just stiffens up easily, and swells.

But I don't have Rondo's doctors, or work ethic. He'll be fine, sooner, rather than later. I'm not a good example.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 06:23:46 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I've gotta admit, his idea of humor makes me want to slap him.

But on a day like today he's forgiven.

I love it. His sarcasm as dead pan media interviews are classic.

yup, this
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 06:48:53 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

It wasn't so much painful, as it was uncomfortable. Couldn't run far, or play ball outside of set shots. Walked with a bit of a limp, but outside of twisting, pivoting, turning on a dime, it didn't hurt much. Jumping just didn't happen though

ACL's are funny like that. You can go on without getting it taken care of, and live a full life, if your not an athlete of any sort. Your knee just kind of fills up with blood, so it just kind of acts like a cushion where the ligament used to be. Weird, huh?

As for the recovery, the first 2 weeks after surgery were just awful, pain-wise. But physical therapy was great. Hard, but great. I could really feel it getting stronger by the day. I had a setback with my meniscus about 6 months after, so that added to the recovery time. But I'm still doing exorcises, and I'm still not close to where I was before, although I can run and jump now. It's just stiffens up easily, and swells.

But I don't have Rondo's doctors, or work ethic. He'll be fine, sooner, rather than later. I'm not a good example.
I just tore mine two weeks ago, complete tear.
(jumped for rebound, my knee bent backwards when i landed, but i did get the rebound  ;D)
starting PT next week.
I didn't realize how common injury it is.

Any good advice you can share?

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 07:04:17 PM »

fitzhickey

I've never heard of a recovery in two weeks. That's ludicrous. But in aus there was an afl player who returned to his best after a couple of months.

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 07:27:10 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

I'd disagree with that.

DeJuan Blair is missing two ACLs.

John Elway played his entire career without one.

I actually have been missing one for the last ten years. I rehabbed (LOTS of strength training) and was able to get back to about 75% in terms of hoops (which was strictly rec league level to begin with), but ended up giving it up because of the risk that I'd really get hurt.

Now I am a pretty active athlete, just not with sports involving lateral movement. I've run two marathons in the last year, and many 10ks and half marathons.

I think a lot depends on individual physiology. Some knees remain pretty stable even without an ACL. I think I'm in that group. And commitment to rehab and strength training is critical. When I get lazy about maintaining my strength, my knee starts to hurt.

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 07:33:52 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo

Wasn't KG always right about to come back for the playoffs after the knee?  Pierce in Spring, 2007?

Don't forget the ultimate example: Shaq.

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 07:55:56 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
I've never heard of a recovery in two weeks. That's ludicrous. But in aus there was an afl player who returned to his best after a couple of months.

Someone's taking this a little seriously.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 08:00:58 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Deer spray
Yup

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 08:09:45 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
Deer spray

Papi bought up the entire supply in Boston.