Author Topic: David Griffin taking over in NOP  (Read 13834 times)

Re: David Griffin taking over in NOP
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2019, 02:11:41 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I think this kills the possibility of a trade that doesn't include Tatum.

What is dead may never die.

Philosophical.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2019, 02:54:26 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
The part that sucks about a potential AD deal is the fact that even with Tatum, we'll probably have to include one of Brown or Smart in the deal for salary matching. I've accepted that an AD deal will include Tatum in all likelihood, and that's understandable. But I would have loved to keep Brown and Smart in that scenario too. I don't know what happens but if a Davis trade does happen, it will also feel heartbreaking seeing what we lose. Maybe we can hope the Pelicans love Rozier and he can be included in as a S&T, but I doubt it.

« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2019, 03:26:57 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
maybe this is the lingering stink of Jaylens performance last night affecting me, but im almost reaching the point where Id rather keep smart than Jaylen Brown
Greg

« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2019, 03:36:26 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115

« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2019, 04:54:53 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

But kill the b@st@rds anyway   (Yara Greyjoy, Season 8, Episode 1) 

Edit: Did this bad language checker come from the 1900s? 

« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2019, 05:05:55 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

But kill the b@st@rds anyway   (Yara Greyjoy, Season 8, Episode 1) 

Edit: Did this bad language checker come from the 1900s?

From Jeff Clark. ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2019, 06:57:05 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
The part that sucks about a potential AD deal is the fact that even with Tatum, we'll probably have to include one of Brown or Smart in the deal for salary matching. I've accepted that an AD deal will include Tatum in all likelihood, and that's understandable. But I would have loved to keep Brown and Smart in that scenario too. I don't know what happens but if a Davis trade does happen, it will also feel heartbreaking seeing what we lose. Maybe we can hope the Pelicans love Rozier and he can be included in as a S&T, but I doubt it.

Theoretically, how many teams can beat an offer of Tatum, Williams, Rozier (S/T), and many picks? Maybe the Knicks if their pick lands Top-2? Other than that I'm not sure LAL can beat that unless they again put their whole team on sale basically. Ingram's injury and Lonzo's "off the court" stuff I think really lowers their value too. I guess the Heat and Clippers are two other teams I could think of, although I think LAC will understandably go after the marquee FA's with just $$$.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2019, 07:04:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Theoretically, how many teams can beat an offer of Tatum, Williams, Rozier (S/T), and many picks? Maybe the Knicks if their pick lands Top-2? Other than that I'm not sure LAL can beat that unless they again put their whole team on sale basically. Ingram's injury and Lonzo's "off the court" stuff I think really lowers their value too. I guess the Heat and Clippers are two other teams I could think of, although I think LAC will understandably go after the marquee FA's with just $$$.
Gee I really hope Rozier is fond of New Orleans because so many here have him signed and traded to the Pels.

« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2019, 07:10:00 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Gee I really hope Rozier is fond of New Orleans because so many here have him signed and traded to the Pels.

I don't. I was just asking that question IF Rozier ended up in the package (if he was fine going to NOLA).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller