Author Topic: Celtics may not need to move up : Moe Harkless and Will Barton  (Read 18878 times)

Re: Celtics may not need to move up : Moe Harkless and Will Barton
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 11:08:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Barton is not even a 1st rounder on most mock's.  Moe is a lot more realistic where we will be picking.

Its puzzling. Trust me, the guy is a legit talent. Being skinny is his only curse. Just picture him running with Rondo on a fast break. Tears of joy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuS0p_kvd-8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBsojdLTqWY
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:28:10 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 05:39:27 AM »

Offline Russell1

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
wonderful

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 06:50:12 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Isn't Barton going to be too weak and skinny to defend against Wade and James, and if so of limited use to the Celtics?

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2012, 07:44:49 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Isn't Barton going to be too weak and skinny to defend against Wade and James, and if so of limited use to the Celtics?

He's really long though. Might bother Wade a lot. Scouts say he's  an active defender.

Plus, we all know how tough Wade and LeBron really are when it comes to being defended physically.

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 08:13:08 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas

He's really long though. Might bother Wade a lot. Scouts say he's  an active defender.

Plus, we all know how tough Wade and LeBron really are when it comes to being defended physically.

Above average for a 2, below average for a 3--but 175 lbs. at age 21!

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 08:45:06 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
As I said Harkless could be PP2....also like Taylor and Nicholdon

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 09:01:05 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Moe Harkless and Tony Wroten

two realistic options with most potential from those mid first round picks. Far more potential than Royce White, Andrew Nickolson, Fab Melo.

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 09:05:46 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas

two realistic options with most potential from those mid first round picks. Far more potential than Royce White, Andrew Nickolson, Fab Melo.

I'm not buying Tony Wroten until he demonstrates that he can learn to shoot a jumper and acquire some range.  Given that the C's already have Rondo, that seems especially someone who doesn't fit with the current C's team.

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 09:13:21 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54

I'm not buying Tony Wroten until he demonstrates that he can learn to shoot a jumper and acquire some range.  Given that the C's already have Rondo, that seems especially someone who doesn't fit with the current C's team.

Tony Wroten can became a very good 6th man. He is very young born 1993. 6'5 strong body combo guard reminds me of Rodney Stuckey. Good ball handler very atheltic and he has a very good court vision, he makes a lot of good passes. And yes he is not the best shooter but there are a lot of other things he can do. In 2 years he can be Rondo and Bradley cover from the bench he can cover PG and SG.

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 09:14:19 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Knocks against him are : needs strength, struggles if contact is made with him, lacks elite athletic explosiveness and style is awkward, has momentary lapses of decision making, lacks confidence in his handle, settles into physical match-ups, inconsistent shooter, bda frame ( narrow shoulders and hips), execs fear he won't be able to D up and he needs to learn to play off the ball and not ball dominant.

He has a lot of strengths too.  But these are the question marks being raised against Barton.  None of these are instant veto's to me and the kid has a lot of talent.  Sometimes execs raise questions so their guy will slip too...

Personally I think we need some bigs.  Wingmen are the easiest positions to fill.

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 10:10:52 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
As much as I like Harkless, I would prefer the C's to resign Jeff Green and see how he pans out as PP's backup.  If Danny decides to go in another direction, then Moe would be a great pick.

We need to pick up AT LEAST one big in the first round, so I'd say Nicholson(who I really like; a tandem of he and 3J would be sweet in the future) or Melo(reluctantly) would be ideal big men to pick.

Will Barton is a guy I could see become a super 6th man.  A 3-guard weave between he, RR, and AB would be sick.  But, if we take Harkless and a big in the first round, I belive our second round pick should be used on Tu Holloway.  I know he's short, but the guy can ball big time.

Tony Wroten Jr. may have incredible atheticism, but I'm not sure his IQ will impress Doc.  I see him as another Gerald Green, personally.

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 10:12:04 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
personally I hope Harkless nd Nicholson fall to us we'll see how things work out tho

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 10:34:36 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
personally I hope Harkless nd Nicholson fall to us we'll see how things work out tho

I'd take that as a good day (though I'd prefer Leonard or Moultrie), but I think Danny's going to move up, one way or another.  Doc doesn't need three rookies and two Boilermakers next year.

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 10:38:20 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i personally hope we package the 2 picks and move up for one legit impact player instead of 2 guys that might not ever do anything (we have that already with johnson and moore....)

i don't want 2 rookies and 2 VERY marginal guys in moore and johnson taking up 4 roster spots when they need a legit bench next year.

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 10:40:02 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
i personally hope we package the 2 picks and move up for one legit impact player instead of 2 guys that might not ever do anything (we have that already with johnson and moore....)

i don't want 2 rookies and 2 VERY marginal guys in moore and johnson taking up 4 roster spots when they need a legit bench next year.

I agree for the most part. I would try to move up for Leonard, I think he will be a top 10 center in the league. I might move up for Ross too, but I don't think our combined picks will get us much higher than maybe 15ish