Author Topic: Draft Jimmer to play Point.  (Read 18983 times)

Re: Draft Jimmer to play Point.
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2011, 07:49:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
While watching the Florida-BYU game I just realized who Jimmer reminds me of....Gerry McNamara from Syracuse. Yeah, he can shoot better than Mac and Mac played better defense than Jimmer, but other than that their games remind me of each other.

Gerry Mac was never good enough for the NBA with his athleticism and skill set. Jimmer shoots better so maybe he'll have a shot but otherwise, I don't see it.

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2011, 09:11:56 PM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
Jimmer = Steph Curry.

Size of a PG.  Plays like a SG.  Not known for defense.  Other worldly range.

I think he'll be a good role player..

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2011, 04:17:22 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I don't see Danny making any move to get him.  Bradley is the kid he's grooming to back up Rondo.  Jimmer's too small and unathletic (relatively speaking) to be a SG.  If Danny goes for a SG in the draft, he'll go with someone more athletic that has a chance to defend other SG's.  (think Marshon Brooks).  

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2011, 04:22:41 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
While watching the Florida-BYU game I just realized who Jimmer reminds me of....Gerry McNamara from Syracuse. Yeah, he can shoot better than Mac and Mac played better defense than Jimmer, but other than that their games remind me of each other.

Gerry Mac was never good enough for the NBA with his athleticism and skill set. Jimmer shoots better so maybe he'll have a shot but otherwise, I don't see it.
I was enthralled when McNamara dragged his team to the Big East title his last year. That team had a done of more talented players who just didn't have a clue what they were doing.

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2011, 05:15:23 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I don't see Danny making any move to get him.  Bradley is the kid he's grooming to back up Rondo.  Jimmer's too small and unathletic (relatively speaking) to be a SG.  If Danny goes for a SG in the draft, he'll go with someone more athletic that has a chance to defend other SG's.  (think Marshon Brooks).  

I was all for Danny drafting Marshon until I read on projo.com that he quit school to focus on the draft. 
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2011, 05:24:13 PM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
I don't like Jimmer. Too small, only average ball handling skills, take a lot of bad shot, unathletic...

Kemba Walker is the guard to choose from this draft (anyway i think anyone should go after big men): he has some defense if he want, steals, he is athletic dyanamic guard, very good jumper, nice ball handling, he knows how to attack the rim, he is a leader and, of course, a clutch player. I really like kemba, but he has same jimmer problem: a little small.

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2011, 05:28:16 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I was all for Danny drafting Marshon until I read on projo.com that he quit school to focus on the draft. 
Huh?

If he's going to declare for the draft why shouldn't he focus on what will be his career?

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2011, 05:38:57 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"

Bradley kind of reminds me of Gabe Pruitt. I'll believe that he's the backup pg of the future when he looks like he has any idea what's going on when he's in the game.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2011, 05:45:16 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

At first blush, this may seem like a cause for concern and immaturity, but I think an argument can be made for the opposite.

First, he is only two classes away from his B.A. and has expressed a desire to finish at some point. He has just decided that now is not that time.

Rather, he has one opportunity to make an impression on NBA decision-makers, the time between now and the NBA draft, and he has decided to maximize that opportunity by devoting his entire life to it for the next two months.

There are significant differences financially based on where you are drafted. All he is doing is trying to secure a more solid financial future by putting off completion of his degree requirements to a later date.

I think this is a prudent move for a young man whose draft projections are literally all over the board to increase his stock with very little, if any downside. I'd draft him based on this decision (not solely, of course).

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2011, 06:31:27 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Jimmer = Steph Curry.

Size of a PG.  Plays like a SG.  Not known for defense.  Other worldly range.

I think he'll be a good role player..

Steph Curry is 10x the player Jimmer will be.

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2011, 07:05:24 PM »

Offline dysgenic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
I could see him being a good role player/instant offense type of guy.  I think he can score in the pros, but his defense is terrible and his size is a problem, too.  More athletic than he is given credit for, very strong for his size.
Not interested from a Cs perspective.

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2011, 07:34:58 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Drafting Jimmer on this team is only happening if we kind of acquire a guy like Kobe or Jordan - or an SG/SF who can go one on one anytime and similarly excellent in playmaking. LAL for the past decade ran its offense without a legit PG but a PG who only brings down the ball (i.e. Ron Harper and Fisher and now Blake)to the other of the floor, mans the PG of the opposing team, kicks the ball to the real playmaker (Kobe)everytime he gets the chance and knocks down 3s at a very reliable accuracy (a Jimmer in this case). We don't have in our roster who attacks the rim everytime he handles the ball and only passes if there is a better play that suddenly develops.