Author Topic: Mindhunter (Contains Spoilers)  (Read 3501 times)

Mindhunter (Contains Spoilers)
« on: November 18, 2017, 04:19:35 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
A few things sort do not sit well with me after wrapping up season 1.

- Who was the strange character shown at the beginning of each episode? They never addressed this and it’s bothering me. Perhaps a potential serial killer that the team will be looking to track down the road?

- Holden catches Debbie cheating on him and apparently just lets it go? The show just sort of glides past this event? I feel like I accidentally skipped an episode or something but I’m pretty confident I did not.

Everyone keeps saying how this was the best show in 2017, but I thought it was a little overrated. What do people think?
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: Mindhunter (Contains Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 06:35:28 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I took Holden's acceptance of the infidelity as him feeling that he should have seen it coming. Here he is trying to track down and systematically categorize  the most dangerous humans on Earth and he lets his girlfriend cheat on him right under his nose. Holden blames himself more than her, moves on, and accepts his oversight as a necessary fallout of importance of his work.

As for that guy at the start of the episodes, it's just building long term dramatic tension. Reminds me of when Doomsday was being introduced to the Superman comics and they just would show a frame of him digging himself out of the Earth at the end of several issues until they were ready to unveil him.