Author Topic: Assuming no cap space, what big can trading Brown fetch us?  (Read 6269 times)

Re: Assuming no cap space, what big can trading Brown fetch us?
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2019, 11:46:00 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think Turner or Sabonis would be a great fit here but A straight up trade for Brown is a no go for me. We would need more in return than that. Brown still has All-star potential if he works hard I don't think either of those guys do.

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2019, 11:49:30 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
So what centers are out there?  Looney will take more.

Kyle O'Quinn
Richaun Holmes
Noah Vonleh
Ed Davis

??? 

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2019, 12:19:24 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I think Turner or Sabonis would be a great fit here but A straight up trade for Brown is a no go for me. We would need more in return than that. Brown still has All-star potential if he works hard I don't think either of those guys do.
To be clear you are saying the guy that averaged 13/4/1.5 with a TS% of 58 who regressed from year 2 to year 3 has all star potential but the guy that averaged 14/9/3 with a TS% of 63 that has significantly improved each season (also in year 3) doesn't have all star potential.  And they both played around 25 mpg in a mostly bench role so it wasn't like the minutes inflated the stats.  They are also about 5 months different in age. 

Also, for the record, Turner is also basically the same age though has the extra year in the league.  His TS% was 57 and he led the league in blocks per game at 2.7 and finished in the top 10 in all sorts of defensive metrics.  Now I will give you that Turner's per minute production has basically been the same all 4 of his seasons, so he might not be much more than he is, but what he is, is an absolutely elite big man defender, which is still more valuable than a defensive oriented wing. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip