Author Topic: Assuming no cap space, what big can trading Brown fetch us?  (Read 6272 times)

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
This is a legit question and I have no answer at the moment.

I really think Smart should start and build off his 1st team all defense campaign. I’m also feeling good that Hayward is going to come back and impress us all. With the Kemba rumors picking up, that leaves Brown as the odd man out imo (since we’ll have such an imbalanced roster)

Kemba-Smart-Hayward-Tatum-???

Now before you get upset, we won’t be losing brown for nothing. He’s obviously a quality player, which means we can get a quality player (or picks) in return. Who can we feasibly acquire, given the resulting salary cap situation of signing a Kemba Walker?
- LilRip

Re: Assuming no cap space, what big can trading Brown fetch us?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 11:58:07 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I think you could get any kind of big if you dealt Brown, like Adams or Capela. If those teams are serious about dealing them to help with their cap room, getting back Jaylen as a headliner in a trade would be fantastic.

But the question is, would Ainge do it? I doubt it honestly.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 12:12:42 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
I think you could get any kind of big if you dealt Brown, like Adams or Capela. If those teams are serious about dealing them to help with their cap room, getting back Jaylen as a headliner in a trade would be fantastic.

If we sign Kemba, can we still absorb Adams?
- LilRip

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 12:14:41 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

If we sign Kemba, can we still absorb Adams?
Don't think so.

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 12:15:24 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
If we sign Kemba and Danny thinks that jaylen is not or will not be deserving of the Max contract he will get next summer I can see brown traded for Myles turner . It works for both teams

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 12:16:00 PM »

Offline KeepBigAl

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
KAT is the ultimate option, but it would take the memphis pick and more.  I don't see minny doing it, unless maybe they are terrible at the deadline. 

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 12:18:27 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
No one good enough to justify trading him.

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 12:19:18 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
We would be severely limited in what we could take back in a Brown deal. Even if we combine Brown's salary with Yabu the most we could take back in a deal would be around $15 MM.

That would fit for Capela, except the whole rumored reason for dealing Capela would be to clear space for Houston to get Jimmy Butler. So dealing Capela for small cap savings wouldn't really help them with that.

I'd rather just start Kemba, 3 wings and whoever we can find at big. If Hayward played well to start the season, then we could trade him for a big at the deadline.

If we sign Kemba people need to mentally prepare themselves for a ton of small ball next year.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 12:19:54 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
If we sign Kemba and Danny thinks that jaylen is not or will not be deserving of the Max contract he will get next summer I can see brown traded for Myles turner . It works for both teams

This is pretty interesting.

Pacers still have Sabonis (who they seem to favor anyway) and Dipo could slide to PG, letting them play Oladipo-Brown-Bogdanovic

- LilRip

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 12:20:06 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Agreed.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 12:27:26 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Agreed.
Agreed as well. I'd only consider it if a Towns/Jokic level big man is coming to Boston in that deal.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2019, 12:28:16 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

Agreed.
Some Celtics players lost some of their trade value from summer 18 to summer 19. What make you guys think that jaylen is immune to that?

Even if he disappoints this season he is still going to be maxed out by Sacramento or Knicks or Dallas or some other desperate team.

Next summer free agent class is pretty weak. Especially if Davis comits to the lakers and kawhi signs for more than one year.

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2019, 12:29:30 PM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
Sabonis straight up would be interesting.  Value is close IMHO.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2019, 12:46:17 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
We would be severely limited in what we could take back in a Brown deal. Even if we combine Brown's salary with Yabu the most we could take back in a deal would be around $15 MM.

That would fit for Capela, except the whole rumored reason for dealing Capela would be to clear space for Houston to get Jimmy Butler. So dealing Capela for small cap savings wouldn't really help them with that.

I'd rather just start Kemba, 3 wings and whoever we can find at big. If Hayward played well to start the season, then we could trade him for a big at the deadline.

If we sign Kemba people need to mentally prepare themselves for a ton of small ball next year.
lol Ainge isn't trading Hayward if he's playing well.

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2019, 12:48:07 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

Agreed.
Some Celtics players lost some of their trade value from summer 18 to summer 19. What make you guys think that jaylen is immune to that?

Even if he disappoints this season he is still going to be maxed out by Sacramento or Knicks or Dallas or some other desperate team.

Next summer free agent class is pretty weak. Especially if Davis comits to the lakers and kawhi signs for more than one year.

All that may be true, Jaylen is still almost certainly better than what they would get back. I doubt Jaylen is going anywhere.